F430 racing Capristo cracked | FerrariChat

F430 racing Capristo cracked

Discussion in '360/430' started by Paul V, Aug 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Paul V

Paul V Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    Shropshire (UK)
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Just wanted to know has anyone had a racing 430 Capristo crack ? I am on a road trip from the UK to the south of Italy and got as far as Florence and got an exhaust blow.

On inspection it is one of the two pipes that exit the silencer and go around the rear fender and exit has cracked. See phot.

Anyone had this before?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    My buddy with an 08 Scuderia just had this fail on him as well after a long road trip (Yosemite to SF to LA). It was an IPE race cat though, not Capristo.

3. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I have identical, capristo have a serious brand to protect with Ferrari owners - contact direct via voice not mail

4. Ferrari Nube

Ferrari Nube Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    I've got the Capristo twin sound exhaust and headers. No issues at all....

Good luck!

Cheers
    FN

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Were you using the Capristo header brackets? Would that even matter?

6. Paul V

Paul V Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    Shropshire (UK)
    Full Name:
    Paul

As it happens I am not using the brackets as when i fitted them I had issues with blowing header gaskets.
    However you are correct it would not matter as it broke after where the Capristo brackets fit.

7. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    I have many Capristo exhausts the Quality is typically brilliant

8. Paul V

Paul V Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    Shropshire (UK)
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have now arrived at my destination and took the pipes off and got them welded locally.

As you can see by the photos it has cracked around the weld and though it in some places.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

I also had a strengthening part fitted
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I have been dealing with the official Capristo dealer here in Italy who has been very helpful in the fact that he has bees sending photos back to Mr Capristo. The only downside is they don't carry any stock in the country, they are all made to order.

As a side note, I do use my car, I have done possibly 15,000 miles since fitting the system. The trip to Italy and back will be some 3,500 miles.

The point I am making is perhaps no one has had a issues as they don't do the miles I do ???

9. Paul V

Paul V Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    Shropshire (UK)
    Full Name:
    Paul

I am not for one minute doubting the quality, however I have a issue as you can see.

May I ask how many miles / km have you put on your system?