F430 rear view mirror with homelink | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F430 rear view mirror with homelink

Discussion in '360/430' started by Flyingbrick242, Sep 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    Any pictures of your wire installation?

2. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

3. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

4. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

5. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Im not sure if all wires are the same on the cars and especially the mirriors. So proceed with caution but once i got in there is was pretty easy. I programmed it on the first try. I forgot to clean the mirror before taking the pic:eek:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks Lorenzo! Your pics were exactly what I was waiting for. Will help a lot. And thanks to the OP for a great mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

7. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

By the way those connectors work great. I bought thm at walmart. Thanks to MJGIN

8. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    When I made my electrical connections I went the extra step to be able to disconnect the mirror harness from the Ferrari wiring by simply adding male and female connections. Also the wire gauge for the grn/wht wire that supports the +15 is very small so be very sure you have a tight connection or you may experience intermittent operation from poor contact..

9. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    Just installed the same mirror.

Had to mod the ball joint area a bit with a Dremel. Other than that, white/green wire from the Airbag light for + and Black wire from the map light for -

Looks and works great!

Flyingbrick242 likes this.
  10. MJGinTX

MJGinTX Karting

Mar 30, 2019
    Indianapolis, IN
    It’s now been a few weeks since I read this post and purchased the rear view mirror that the OP suggested.

I installed it and all is well and I’m very happy with it. It looks great and is so much more convenient when opening gate and garage door.

One thing that I did - and it may be unique to the 430 Spider - was to purchase a spacer. This allowed the mirror to fit properly with the right angle of view and made shaving the ball joint unnecessary.

The spacer sells for $45-60 on amazon (which seems ridiculous). I purchased on eBay for $25. One note is that upon initial fitting it would appear that the spacer doesn’t fully fit - but by placing it as far as it will go and then tightening the hex but it will secure very nicely to the windshield. Then the mirror fits perfectly with plenty of space to adjust the mirror.

Here is the item I purchased.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thanks to the OP for the idea to use the new mirror. Love it!!