F430 stuck in reverse | FerrariChat

F430 stuck in reverse

Discussion in '360/430' started by SalCal, Dec 19, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SalCal

SalCal Rookie

May 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Salvatore Calafiore
    Hello all.
    I have a 07 F430 Spider.
    Has anyone experienced this. Intermittently I will put car in reverse and it will not respond to 1st or neutral. after 30 seconds to 2 min of attempting it will suddenly be fine. It only happens after shifting into reverse. Car runs and shifts through gears flawlessly at all times. One time I was able to duplicate the problem while having my Autel Max sys scanner connected I noticed in live data the gear requested said reverse even though I would pull the right paddle for first gear or both for neutral. please help.
    thanks Sal

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Did you check the codes on the autel ..

Most of the times two things cause this ..pressure loss (accumulator failure, etc) or the sensors on actuator

Map the data stream of pressure ..and also let us know pump off/on cycle times and duration

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

3. SalCal

SalCal Rookie

May 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Salvatore Calafiore

4. SalCal

SalCal Rookie

May 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Salvatore Calafiore
    Hi,
    There are no codes. I recorded the episode on the scanner. I will check those parameters and report back.
    I was confused on why the gear requested was not changing to 1st on the scanner when depressing the paddle. Even if accumulator or sensor are bad wouldn't the paddle cause a request on 1st gear ?
    Thank you I really appreciate the help.
    Sal

5. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Unfortunately it's not just one decision table that we need to go down to determine the problem we have to start somewhere and then Branch off to different decision trees but one thing you can do is use the autel to select gears when you have the issues that will override the paddles and use the bus to communicate with the TCU

6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    It is strange that you have no codes

I gate to suggest this but did you turn battery shut off off wait a few hours and turn back on and follow engine ECU relearn procedures.. there has been a few times that works ..

7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Are you getting the gearbox failure light ? Blown tail light bulbs can causes gear selection failures for some odd reason.

8. SalCal

SalCal Rookie

May 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Salvatore Calafiore

9. SalCal

SalCal Rookie

May 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Salvatore Calafiore
    No codes or warning light ever.
    During the failed event scanner shows hydraulic circuit pressure was 42.6 Bar
    when it did go into 1st it was at 44.8 to 50 Bar....
    Pump time on 2391
    Pump ignition counter 82520