F430 Supersprint exhaust manifolds & decats | FerrariChat

F430 Supersprint exhaust manifolds & decats

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ralph P, Jan 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ralph P

Ralph P Rookie

Aug 10, 2018
    London, United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Ralph Payne
    These products aren't chosen by many owners at all, so having bought some I'm going to document my experience.

Some pics below:

[​IMG]

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Firstly, delivery took 7 weeks from order. AV Engineering organised mine... many thanks Aldous!

I have no experience of evaluating the build quality of these, so will report what Aldous and Ed make of them. The primaries slot into the 4-1 collectors and are held in place by 4 springs for each unit. The units are in pieces for delivery, so when you open the box it just looks like an assortment of expensive stainless pipework! All primaries are stamped so building them is straight forward.

Planning to have them ceramic coated.

Behind this will be the OEM (/tubi) sports exhaust and potentially a valve controller.

Yet to finalise intake plans but even with the standard airboxes I'm expecting this to be very loud. :D

If anyone would like any more specific info, please ask. I will weigh them before fitment.

Next update likely to be weeks away... certainly need to get another year's MOT on the car before these go on!

Cheers, Ralph.

Bas, ShineKen, Flea7 and 1 other person like this.
  2. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    They definitely look unique... not a copy of anything else available. Interesting how there are singular flanges instead of a flange shared by four pipes. I like how none of the big bends have seams in them... looks like they did it right. I look forward to the updates.

3. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've said it before: the best manifolds on the market.

Bas, ShineKen, Flea7 and 1 other person like this.
  4. djempire

djempire Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2012
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Serf
    +1

5. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    #5 Flea7, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Beauty !! those look awesome. I love the uniterrupted bends!

6. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Courious to see if you are going to fix the check engine light with this or are you just going to live with it...good luck!

7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The interesting bit is the connection between the pipes and the 4 to 1 collector- is that a male/ female dry joint. Will be interesting to see if its gas tight as a leak in that area will do a lot of damage. A similar idea to a bike 4/1 system and they certainly leak. Nice pipe bends through.

8. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    @Ralph P

I'll speak to my good friends in AV Engineering and provide them with an early version of the Swiss Army Knife if you want, that can adjust the cat efficiency for the secondary o2's and totally eliminate the CEL directly in the ignition ecu's. Or just disable entirely the secondary o2's. Both are options. Do you want me to reach out?

Regards,
    Trev

9. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    look forward to the results and sound

10. Ralph P

Ralph P Rookie

Aug 10, 2018
    London, United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Ralph Payne
    Thanks all. I have decided to use Camcoat for the ceramic coating.

Yes, I'd always planned to correct it.

Trev is kindly giving Aldous and Ed an early version of his F430 software so really looking forward to that. I need to finalise intake plans so it can be mapped in final guise.

It comes supplied with some form of seal for each primary into collector joint... I will get some pics when it's back from test fitting.

11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I was curious about Supersprint headers for my 355. Looking forward to results.

12. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    lovely, but running with Cats is Dumb & Dumber revisited

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    They look fantastic.

14. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Any updates on this? Considering the SS-headers also.

15. Ralph P

Ralph P Rookie

Aug 10, 2018
    London, United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Ralph Payne
    Hi Zed82,

Haven't been online much but I can report they are all fitted up. To recap the exhaust is SS headers -> SS decals -> OEM (Tubi) Sports exhaust.

Firstly, they were coated by Camcoat in a matt white. The engine bay temps have reduced but cannot say for certain this is due to the heat management. Might be the revised silencer layout.

Secondly, and most importantly... the sound is absolutely bonkers. At WOT and north of 6k rpm, it really is like an F1 car from the late 80s.

It's too loud to go mad in tunnels; your ears max out as soon as the valves open.

The system has definitely freed up power, measured by the ever-accurate ass dyno. To me the F430 never felt strangled high up the rev range, but now I realise it definitely was. It now charges towards the redline with no let up at all. I estimate there's comfortably +30bhp, which has gone nicely with the -20kg mass.

I do have some pics and videos, mostly thanks to friends in the passenger seat and laughing like hyenas. I'll try to get them uploaded in the next few days.

Spring next year we'll fit the carbon airboxes and add the challenge map....

EDIT: Taking this opportunity to thank Aldous and Ed at AV Engineering for their time and dedication!

ShineKen and Zed82 like this.
  16. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Sounds amazing and thanks for the quick reply. I already have the Tubi dual muffler system without valves with top speed headers and oem cats. Already now it sounds like crazy but i don´t like the sound on the lower rpm range. It´s more of an american V8 or a boxer noise. I would really like to hear your car both at WOT and lower rpms. :)