News

F430 transportation from Tampa to Florida

Discussion in 'Ferrari of Tampa Bay' started by supernut, Jun 22, 2020.

1. supernut

supernut Rookie

Feb 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    nasim khan
    Hi everyone,

I have bought a 430 in a private sale in Tampa area and would like to have it transported from Tampa to Houston. Any recommendation on a good an reliable covered transporter. I just randomly looked up on the web and for covered transport Montway Auto Transport is quoting $1088 cash. Looks like this is just a website and they assign different transporter based on the availability. Another guy is quoting me $2900. Huge difference.

Regards,

2. vjd3

vjd3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Spend the money and get someone good ... InterCity (out of MA, not the one out west) is very good in my experience, used them several times. A lot of the Ferrari dealers seem to use PlyCar, they are more reasonably priced.

https://intercitylines.com/

Beware the brokers, you don't know who they are giving the job to and it will be a nightmare if something goes wrong.

Actually, I would just drink a bunch of coffee and drive it home, it ain't that far ;)

3. supernut

supernut Rookie

Feb 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    nasim khan
    Thanks vjd3,

I am working with a Ferrari transporter who works at the dealership, and has experience in transporting Ferrari s. Once the PPI is done and it is thumbs up, he will transport it for me in a closed trailer. So all good - fingers crossed.

4. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette