F430 Vs 599 | FerrariChat

F430 Vs 599

Discussion in '360/430' started by msgm1, Aug 31, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    Have any F430 owners moved up to a 599 or have both?

How would you compare the driving experience of both cars, one being a sports car the other an enzo powered GT.

2. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    The 430 lasted 3 weeks. The CS is still here and I drive the 599 every day

3. Rickg87

Rickg87 Karting

Aug 7, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    care to elaborate

4. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    The 599 probably would make a better daily driver, the F430 is pretty intense. I'm much more a mid-engine, light weight (not me, the car) kinda guy, the front-engine V12's are very nice but not my thing personally. Although, of all the heavier front engine cars, the 599 would be my choice.

Gary

5. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    i moved into the 599 from a 430 spyder. it is a night and day difference at least for me. the 599 is just pure perfection, the ride is smooth and comfortable, the engine and exhaust is just breathtaking. the interior is just superb in everyway . it is a more refined car and the tourque, what can i say.

6. Ryanthebigr

Ryanthebigr Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    i like the 599 because its more practical and a little bit faster

7. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Here is a little more of elaborate answer:
    599 - in a word, perfect. The car is without a doubt IMO the best car Ferrari have ever produced. I use it every day as my primary car. I drive it in all sorts of traffic, from gridlocked rush hour roads to long freeway stints and everything in between. It has a real trunk, which in my case means it fits my golf clubs and obviously anything smaller. It is supremely comfortable and it is ridiculously fast when you need it to be. The only aftermarket add on is a Sirius satellite radio and I use a TomTom 910 portable GPS unit. It looks like a real Ferrari but is not outlandish like the modern Lambos or cartoonish like the V8 Ferraris. It draws the right kind of attention, admiring rather than frenetic. Mine is Black, so it is really not a cop magnet. I could be very happy with the 599 as my only practical car and still have the performance to blow off just about anything else out there. That is truly a wonderful feeling.
    430 - I tried really hard with this one. It's looks were a regression from the more balanced 360 but it had so much promise. I did the Ferrari Driving course at Mont Tremblant, in 430's with CC brakes and I had a huge amount of fun, but even on the track I felt myself thinking the the CS would have been much better on that beautiful circuit. The CS is indeed the reason that the 430 was so lacking for me. The CS was finally everything the 360 had promised to be - a sports car that was lighter, nimbler and just better all around. The 430 could have been an advance on the CS but in reality it is too heavy and too luxurious to be a sports car and in that regard the 599 is really a quantum leap better as a luxurious GT. I was delighted that the market didn't feel that way as I disposed of the 430 very quickly and profitably.

8. onlyreal

onlyreal Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    istanbul
    Full Name:
    oguz goker
    i tried both

599 seems better on interior and speed

but there is one thing for sure it is UGLYYYYY

430 design is so much better, we all know all 599 owners know it too.

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder. IMHO the 599 looks fantastic as well.

10. Stanou

Stanou Rookie

Dec 15, 2006
    Paris, France
    when I was back from south of france, on the highway there's was a 599 behind my 430 at the toll (the place where you have to stop and pay... can't remember the english word)
    I set the race mode and smash the pedal... the guy behind, took the time to pay, and a few seconds later, I had to let him overtake me !!!!

5 seconds later he was totally out of sight

the 599 is for sure a fast machine machine....

11. miladferrari

miladferrari Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    prev.Van. nowToronto
    F430 Scuderia will be better than both,IMO wait for that.

12. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Interesting question, one that I can answer yet from experience but what would be a closer comparison is a 430 spider and a 599, from an experience point of the view the 430 in spider form gives one an adrenaline rush of note, esp on a sunny day top down, engine screaming in your ears.

Friend of mine has traded a 430 spider and the 599 is arriving next week so should be in a better position to explain soon

13. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    There is no way to objectively compare a front engine V12 GT and a rear engined V8 sports car. They are completely different and all that can be said is a preference for one or the other, but as to which one is better is simply not possible to assess, unless you are judging specific things like Horsepower, brakes etc. My opinion is that I prefer the 599 over the 430, primarily because the 599 meets my needs more completely.
    I also think, very subjectively, that the 599 is really beautiful, much more so than the 430, as all 430 owners know and are heartbroken by the knowledge :)

14. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Im not. I never liked the 360. I much prefer the 430, but I can understand those who say the 360 looks more balanced. To my eyes, its too rounded. I like the more aggressive, tighter, more tapered look of the 430.

Having had some experience with these vehicles, IMHO, everything 410SA says is right but I would add the 430 is perfect as a short distance sports car when you want an intense dose of fun- but on a longer drive/ daily stuff- its just too intense for most people. When I drive my 430 for long distances, I am still all fired up when driving, but when I get out, I am tired.

The 599 is kind of like having the finest coupe made by (insert favorite "regular" automaker here) and then when you want it, its got the fury of the best Ferrari has to offer. If someone said their opinion is the 599 is the best car in the world, you would not get any complaint from me.

best regards,
    Jerry

15. miladferrari

Oct 17, 2005
    prev.Van. nowToronto
    It will be faster in a straight line,handle better,shift faster and look better(i know looks are based on each person's taste,but we all know that the 599 doesn't look as outrageous as the F430 S and it would turns a lot more heads i'm sure,every 599 owner knows this too :) )
    but it won't be as comfortable as a 599.

16. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    You can't compare a 430 Scuderia to a 599. It's not all about performance only. The 599 is a different concept, it's a GT car with much higher comfort levels than any other Ferrari whereas the 430 Scuderia is more of a race/track car. Two completely different cars with a different driving feel.

17. JWolf

JWolf Karting

Apr 21, 2007
    +1

18. JWolf

JWolf Karting

Apr 21, 2007
    Yes, first i moved up, then i re-ordered an F430 spyder cause i missed having that mid-engined sports car. the 599 is a true GT, not as sporty or fun as a F430. That said, it's nice to have both, but if i could only have one (price not a factor) i would have the 599. If price were a factor, i would have the 599 at MSRP, but not at the crazy premiums being thrown around. For 550k, i would buy a Spyder and put 250k in my pocket.

19. JWolf

JWolf Karting

Apr 21, 2007
    NO WAY. In my opinion, the 599 is a much more beautiful car than the 430S. Pimping out a 430 doesn't chnage its lines. The 599 simply has the best lines, IMO, ever offered by Ferrari... PERIOD... Aside from the fact that it is the PERFECT GT. If you want an outrageous car, don't buy a Ferrari, buy a Lamborghini. The LP640 scores a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10, in outrageous. And, IMO, the Gallardo, especially the Superleggera, isn't far behind.

20. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    when i first saw the official pics of the 599, i thought to myself, where the heck did Ferrari go wrong.

it was, the worst looking Ferrari i've ever seen. it's outta shape, the lights look retarted, and the rear looks like a baboon's @$$. i chose to keep that particular thought and opinion.

Until, i 'met' the 599 in flesh last year July at Sepang Circuit. it was argento Nurburgring, CS wheels, and one of the most fabolous looking car. :) very businesslike, looks very reliable, and looks like an everyday car.

the 599 was surrounded by the Enzo ( 2 Enzos actually ), F430s, 360s, F50, and plenty of other Ferraris, yet the 599, besides the Enzo, seemed to catch lots of attention.

for me, i don't own any Fcar...at the moment ;) , but from what i see, the F430 is for those whose young and wild at heart. it looks aggressive, and typical sports car.

the 599, however, looks laid back, professional, and knows when to flash it's claws.

can't be compared both models, but both are certainly beautiful.

21. miladferrari

Oct 17, 2005
    prev.Van. nowToronto
    And thats just YOUR opinion not mine. I have already said what my opinion is,the F430 looks better.

22. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1

23. instantkarma

instantkarma Rookie

Apr 14, 2007
    I agree that the 599 is far more beautiful automobile than a 430 or 430S, a simply fantastic design. You will never catch an owner saying "wow, I could of had a V-8!"

Saying it has the best lines ever offered by Ferrari, well, that's a bit much. :)

24. JWolf

JWolf Karting

Apr 21, 2007
    That's why I wrote IMO like 5 times in my response.

Is it me or is this board getting defensive and nasty. I think I'm gonna take a break from this board for awhile. The purpose of a board like this is to exchange ideas and opinions, not get nasty with each other. For that I have the real world.

See you guys later.

25. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    you are getting pissed off over a comment made by an idiot kid?