F456 RED Finally Arrives | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F456 RED Finally Arrives

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 400SPYDER, Nov 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    I can only agree with all of the above....Red looks really nice on the 456....Shame you arnt trialing the car around Silverstone...

2. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Great car, great plate. What more needs to be said?

Ken

3. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Simply stunning

You must be the happiest man in England today

4. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Kevan well done mate that is a beautiful 456 (blue is better) ;) i am glad you finally got it, they say first impressions count what are yours on the 456?, do you find it understated or do people realise that it is a Ferrari? anyway enjoy it mate and let me know what it is like in the normal running IE everyday use, again congrats great car.

5. speedracer5

speedracer5 Karting

Oct 15, 2004
    Northeast, USA
    Congratulations, looks terrific. Nice plate.

6. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Thanks again for the latest batch of kind words.

Will defo try and bring the 456 to the next FOC meet at Farningham.

The impressions so far are really difficult to quantify - which I guess sounds pretty pathetic.

I knew it was going to be totally different to the Mondi - what I wasn't prepared for was how radically different it is. I don't think I am that qualified to comment, so please appreciate that these are my opinions/impressions after only a few months of owning the Mondi and a few hours of owning the 456.

The Mondi is a very basic production car in terms of seats, trim quality etc, whereas the 456 is truly a luxury motor. The Mondi was a raw, loud, aggresive car, whereas the 456 is subtle, quiet and sophisticated with so much power that I've yet to tap into more than about 2/3rds of it! It simply devours distances, even when being lazy and leaving it in 6th gear, it will pull hard in 6th from about 1800 rpm, the gearbox is silky smooth in comparison to the Mondi.

I don't suppose many of you look at a Mondi and think sports car, but from my limited knowledge, it was the successor to the 308, 328 and the forerunner of the 348, so the engine etc is I presume not that radically different from these 3 great well loved sports cars. The 456 GT is exactly what it says on the tin!:D - a Grand Tourer, which for me is exactly what I wanted and is absolutely superb, as I do like a bit of padding to go round my extra extra padding:D:D

In terms of presence I think the 456 wins hands down - as you have all been so kind in saying, it looks absolutely gorgeous and believe me its better in the flesh. Difficult to tell in such a short space of time but I got the feeling that people were alot more respectful of the 456, without being envious or jealous, which is a feeling I think alot of other Fcars bring out in other drivers.

I remember the old chap on Top Gear doing a test on an Aston Martin and from what I remember of the comments he made, dare I say I think in that sense the 456 and an Aston are quite alike. Remember guys this is only a basic impression that I am trying to impart!! Not comparing AM V8 to F V12.

Hope that brief resume will do for now -
    in case you hadn't realised I absolutely luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv this car :):):):):):):):):)

7. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Kevan,

Beautiful car. THe first red 456 I have ever seen. Color really brings out the lines of the car. Any larger pics?

Congrats again. :)

8. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Thanks Ryan - its weird but when I first started talking about a red 456 everyone seemed to think I was mad. Get blue, silver, black, really glad now that I stuck to my guns.

Not too hot on posting pics etc - in fact I bought the digi cam today as well. There is a larger pic on my profile - but not my car. Presume I will have to go to a pic hosting website and open an account for bigger pics - is that right?

9. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Glad you stuck by your guns. I have a few friends with 550s, and they always talk about how black/dark grey and such less subdued colors look better.

I had a friend that sold his yellow 550 for a gallardo, and that yellow 550 was my favorite. I understand the 550/456 are considered gentlemans ferraris, but I think bright colors do look good. Maybe that is just my personality. :)

Congrats on the digi cam. I still don't have one. Toook me 3 months to finish my 24 rolls of film, then scan the pics, when I got the ducati. I got a lot of rubbing from F chatters. LOL.
    No need to go to pic hosting site. You can email them to me at [email protected] and I will take care of them for ya.

Go out there and enjoy the car :)

10. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    All Moderators are not the same!:D (Joke Tony!)

Cheers Ryan will see what I can do over the w/end, in between driving it and going to S/Stone Sunday afternoon.

11. gts328uk

gts328uk Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Great car Kevan. Now just drive..............

Mark

12. peterarmitage

peterarmitage Rookie

Nov 13, 2004
    Dublin; Mijas Costa
    Full Name:
    Peter Armitage
    Hi Mark, am I your Dad?
    If yes, I have a complaint! What's taking you so long to find me one!!!!
    Love ya'
    Dad

13. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear 400Spyder M8,

Further to our telephone conversation of but a few minues ago. The car and number plate combination is fabulous. Quite irresistable!

As explained on the 'phone. I have a very complex business problem at present which I really must address. Accordingly, I do hope that I shall be able to attend Silverstone. But if it does transpire that I am absent, then I hope all will understand.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse

14. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    NOOOOOOO - you have to come!!!

15. collette 512bbi

collette 512bbi Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Collette
    Just looked at the pics of the car and she is beautiful.

16. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    So, tis done! Excellent Kevan- many congratulations, and glad to see you got the plate too. It's beautiful, and good to have a ferrari owner with such outstanding taste! ;)

17. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade 456MGT M8,

It is interesting to note that both respondents upon this forum with the name Kevin and Kevan are 456 owners. We merely require one more Kevin/Kevan with a 456 and then we shall have the full complement of 'KKK' - this is not to infer that 456 drivers are members of the Ku Klux Klan!

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse - Patron Saint of twelve cylinder orchestra's.

18. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

my fellow opus dei member, at last self recognition

19. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Good Evening Fraternal Brother, Knight, Comrade Ferraristii,

Regretfully, I have evermore been riddled with conceit!

Whatever has been happening whilst I have been engaged in the pursuit of godwottery with bureaucrats. I am amazed at Toeknee Handcock our Illustrious Moderator resigning. Had I have been here I would have drawn my sword from its scabbard and put the infidels to rout! What gross impertinence of these miscreants to come into our little haven of 'Peace and Harmony' and create such discord causing our Grand Master to resign his position from the Chair of 'The Lodge'. Do you know if the new Deacon has knowledge of TGAOTU?

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse - Prince of Sunshine and Happiness

20. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Dear 512 Tea Arse - Tear Arse - Homie

He hasn't resigned, just called for backup as the UK section has got a little out of hand whilst you have been on your rounds :)

With great duties,

Lee

21. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

Dear 512 Tea Arse -Tear Arse Fellow Keeper Of The Grail,

The incident reminds me of our leader Jaques De Molay, who was once outed, tortured and interrogated. Like De Molay, Tony has exhonerated himself and held his head high throught. I hope unlike De Molay, Tony is not burned on a spit by the heretics who have invaded this forum in the name of the Roman Establishment.

Stevep - Grand Templar Preceptor Of Ferrarista

22. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    stick to yer geordie

23. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Lee Proctor,

To that which is alluded you would make the most excellent of candidates.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse - Shepherd of Young Apprentices.

24. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

he's too young....only 19

25. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Now I know what its like to have a thread hijacked!!:D:D

Back on to the topic -

Kevin Thanks for all your help along the way - as you say good taste is obviosly limited to the few and the Kev's seem to be at the fore of the few!:)

Cheers Kevan
    :) See you down the road in our 456's - with huge Rosso grins on both our faces! :)