F50 Crash in the UK | FerrariChat

F50 Crash in the UK

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by moulag, Aug 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Oh man, that is so tragic. Poor little kid. My prayers and thoughts to the dad and family.

3. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    There are a number of UK F50 owners who regularly contribute on here, hope it's not one of them? tragic story.

4. Canuckk

Canuckk Rookie

Aug 8, 2011
    Would this happen to be youtube user "TaxTheRich" F50?

5. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Not me. It's a horrific piece of news. I can't imagine what the poor family is going through, especially the poor chap in hospital, sounds like the boy could have been his son or the son of someone visiting. We've all been there - young fella in the car wanted to see what these amazing cars can do - but it's so easy for tragedy to strike. Horrific. My sincerest condolences to the next of kin :(

6. bertdeboer340

bertdeboer340 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert de Boer
    As far as I know they were not related, but anyway it's terrible for everybody related to the two.

Ferrari F50 crash kills teenage boy and 37 year old man in Hampshire | Daily Mail Online

7. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
  8. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Very sad.

9. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Very, very sad...R.I.P

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

Also makes you think twice about taking someone along for a ride even...:(

11. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Such a tragedy. :(

12. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    #14 PAUL500, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    company called Toy Storage has been named in one report based at the location

13. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Yes indeed, very ominous.

RIP to the boy and condolences to the family, awful tragedy.

14. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Not involved thankfully Paul. RIP the poor youngster. I know a close friend of the adult victim, who is understandbly devastated. Let's hope he pulls through.

15. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    The damage to the fence did not look that severe, and its a straight dry road but the posts/seats in front of the fence looked quite solid, these carbon chassis don't seem to like solid blunt objects. I wonder if they caused the car to flip over onto the fence.

Although good to hear its not you guys involved, its still then sad that someones father/son/brother etc has been affected by what no doubt was a thrilling experience up until the tragedy.

16. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Very sad news. Condolences to the boy's family.

Does anyone know if the driver owned the F50, or was it a customers car?

17. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Also possible that part of the fence came through the window...actually, because of the loss of life and the man in ICU, I'd say that's more likely...

18. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Very sad news. :(

19. msn

msn Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2011
    Just awful news, Condolences to the boys family.

20. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Absolutely unspeakably dreadful for the poor boy's family. Any of us who have ever taken a kid out for a spin must shudder. Deepest condolences.

This was the car due to be auctioned at RM Sotheby's on Sept 7. RM/S use this storage facility for their cars, as detailed in the back of the auction catalogue. The car has now been removed from the catalogue of this sale but still appears in the index, at the time of writing.

21. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    You are so right. So many times have I taken kids or teenagers out to demonstrate a car. It is a big responsibility and we should all recall that and refrain from driving outside our abilities and the conditions so as to endeavour to impress and from what I am reading here, unfortunately that may have been the case.

The owner of the storage company apparently kindly offered to give the kid a ride, as many of us would have, after he had only asked to sit in the car. He thought he was going one better. It was only a minute down the road the crash happened.

Very sad.

22. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Facts emerging. Boy was at a nearby garage, saw F50, asked man if he could sit in it, man (owner of the car storage facility where the F50 was being kept) said he could do one better and take him for a ride. Car crashes about minute after leaving the facility. Boy's mother is first on the scene and tries in vain to resuscitate her own son. Absolutely awful tragedy. Shocking and sad.

Article link:

Woman 'tried to revive 13-year-old son after hearing fatal crash' in Ferrari F50 supercar 

23. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    My god. This is awful. That poor mother.

From the photo, i can only imagine that the fence penetrated the cockpit and hit the passengers? There doesnt seem to be any braking marks on the grass however.