F512m refuses to start | FerrariChat

F512m refuses to start

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by B512M, Jun 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. B512M

B512M Karting

Mar 26, 2008
    flood city
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Hi my car was running fine about a month ago, until I tried to start it yesterday. It was only cranking and cranking, but nothing. I suspect the fuel pumps, but how is it that both can fail at the same time. Check the fuses were fine. With the ignition on, the fuel gauge doesn't seem to be working either. Have anyone have experience this problem?
    I have checked all over Europe, the fuel pump assembly (#161561) is not available anymore. Only the pump (155592) is available. My mechanic told me that it is quite risky to remove the pumps out from the assembly as some rubber/washer may be damage due age.
    My head is aching now

2. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    So if the fuel gauge doesn't seem to be working, and you don't think fuel is getting through, the obvious question has to be - are you sure there is any fuel in it?

3. mikefb

mikefb Karting

Aug 14, 2011
    Essex uk
    Full Name:
    Mike
    HI had same trouble with my 512tr drove it in garage went to start it a few months later would not start Both pumps had seized i removed both tanks and just replaced both pumps I did not have any trouble removing pumps from assembly
    Mike

4. B512M

B512M Karting

Mar 26, 2008
    flood city
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Thanks for the input guys. I did try to top up the fuel a little, but still no luck. I guess the pumps just seized somehow due to lack of use.