f8 bubble / pricing | FerrariChat

f8 bubble / pricing

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dapuma, Nov 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dapuma

Dapuma Rookie

Sep 22, 2021
    I see the f8's going for a good amount over msrp and don't see why...even in this inflationary market. Is it due to so few being delivered, or is the demand for them really that high? Reading the forums they don't see to be a forum darling. The ones for sale don't seem to be specced that well or if they are they have crazy price tags on them. I get the Pista pricing because it is limited and looks awesome...

2. SJU

SJU Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Sal J
    Maybe this:

Those who ordered (me) are looking at 12-18 months wait
    Order books now closed
    296 "successor" is less attractive (and more costly) for many
    production numbers could be similar to Pista

3. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Last V8 turbo without electric motors! Can't wait for mine. On the boat October 17.

4. Dr123

Dr123 Karting

Oct 24, 2021
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    David RANDALL
    Got mine three weeks ago. Great car. Maybe too fast for the road as some say however lol.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

mswncity, van22, BNNNNNY and 2 others like this.
  5. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Have you checked the pricing on any Lamborghini, Mclaren, Porsche, ford Bronco? How about the used car market in general? You could also check out the housing market or the pricing for a Rolex, AP, etc. even look at the entire luxury good market for that matter. Worldwide shortage, supply constraints and high demand. This is a once in a lifetime anomaly.

6. Dapuma

Dapuma Rookie

Sep 22, 2021
    is the 296 the actual successor? That thing is ugly. Is that still unknown?

12-18 month window makes sense - i hope the numbers arent as low as the Pista.

7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    F8 is a cool car but market in general is stupid.

8. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Yes it is.

9. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Very true. Who would have thought someone would pay double msrp for a Bronco first edition.

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Right...

I couldn't believe that when I saw some were selling for $150k+. Give me a break. To me. The whole market is inflated by 10 to 100%. The only car I think is still a bargain is the 765. Numbered car. Hypercar performance. SF90 selling for almost double the price.

rajaramsivasankar and mkraft3003 like this.
  11. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    The F8 is now officially limited and looks awesome. Have you driven one? Not a forum darling? You must not be reading this forum. I don’t think Ive read one owner who regretted his purchase

12. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I had the opportunity to drive a bunch of Tributos last week at Corso Polita at Concours. What a capable car! It’s unfortunately that many folks will probably never experience all manittino settings on a track, which really brings it alive. There are a subset that claim the car has no soul. Not so IMO.

When I got back, the 458 somehow felt a little older.

I have the F8 Spider coming in a few months, and I’m super happy in anticipation. Should I have gotten the coupe? Nah, I have the STO for the track.

john a barnes, evo3, Xrayv8 and 4 others like this.
  13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    g63 100k over and selling like hot cakes,also 911 gt3 80/100 k over. yes its crazy last of the v8 before electricity takes over end of an era

Chizz likes this.
  14. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    it was worth the wait last of the v8 .compared to porsche mclaren and lambos its priced below them and imo its the better car

Chizz likes this.
  15. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i dont see any priced at 150k over msrp on line

Mauimikel likes this.
  16. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i agree 458 has aged especially from the front.love the 458 sound but everything else the 488 f8 imo is the better car

evo3, Rrr1 and Chizz like this.
  17. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Prices are over msrp simply because Ferrari “oversubscribed” the F8 by 300%. Many many people wanted one to have the last iteration of the 458/488/F8 line. Others for what’s likely the last stand alone gas v8. Others still wanted an F8 but weren’t a good enough client to buy one new. But whatever the driver, there’s 3x or more demand as there are cars so it’s a simple supply issue.

Chizz, mdrums and blkdiablo33 like this.
  18. DavisJ

DavisJ Karting

Dec 31, 2019
    i thought my 458 was staying until i drove the f8. the 458 exterior is aging gracefully but other parts not as much which is expected. 458 is 10 year old platform.

I know there is debate regarding 488 and f8 regarding which was the stop gap or rushed product. After driving both and thinking about the time line. I think mclaren 650 rushed the f 488 and the f8 is what ferrari really wanted to produce.

of course biased since i have a f8 spider on the way.

Chizz likes this.
  19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    `2022 will be interesting. EVERYTHING is going up.

20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Except, it's not a one-off anomaly in terms of exotic cars, because...drum roll, this is it, nearly all the manufacturers are going hybrid and then full electric, this is the end of the line for many exotics, the pricing is only beginning to ramp up...case in point, F8 is the literal end of non-hybrid V8 Ferraris and quite likely, after the SF90 order book closes (rumored soon), the complete end of Ferrari V8s hybrid or not.

That's why this pricing spike will continue forever for these end of the line exotics (meaning pricing curve is now going to be upwards as demand for these cars will only continue to increase...remember, many persons are not fully aware as we are on this forum of what is happening to the non-hybrid exotics and more and more persons will, creating even more demand)

jackals4, Xrayv8, Chizz and 2 others like this.
  21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Its like the twilight zone

MANDALAY likes this.
  22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    $150k total not over

23. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Time will tell but I disagree. We heard the exact same arguments when turbos came out. It was an end of an era and the prices on N/A cars will only increase and will never be at the same levels again. Guess what happened, people adapted and the prices fell. Just look at the pricing for the 458 and the speciale PRE-COVID. 458 could be found in the 150k range and a Speciale could be found just under MSRP. Again, people adapted, discovered that turbos weren’t so bad and the market dipped. In 5-10 years the technology will advance, hybrids will be lighter and the performance will be even better and people will wants the newest, latest and greatest. (Just look at Formula1 as an example. Every time the engine regulations changed people argued the sport is over and dead. People adapted and the sport is more popular than ever). There will always be nostalgia and a lust for the older technology but this bubble will burst. Let’s revisit in 2024/2025 and my bet is a 488 and F8 will be well under MSRP. The current market for all luxury goods can not be maintained at this level forever. Just my .02.

24. DavisJ

DavisJ Karting

Dec 31, 2019
    My working assumption is similar to what mkraft3003 just wrote. in today's world all these main stream cars will follow a similar depreciation curve. The steepness varies but i just cant recall many non-limited cars bucking the trend. Its all supply and demand and the demand is unclear but the supply is very large and continuous.

So my $400k f8 spider i buy in 2022 - in 5 years im hoping i can sell for $275-300? The 458 2015 i have due to the bubble has gone from $330k to i guess $275k in 6 years so i count myself lucky (spider w 7k miles) - i dont have that math for the last ICE v8 F8 but would be nice if i only lost 60k over 6 years.

25. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    chizz, in looking at the OP’s post history…I am guessing he didn’t get an order in before the books closed on the F8. The F8 that he wanted as an upgrade from a GT-R, so now it’s not a “forum darling”. I hope he works out a way to get one, because it’s a damn fine car. Just needs a little better exhaust sound…literally the only thing my 488 was better at!

blkdiablo33 and Chizz like this.