F8 - F8 hood stripe painted or Matt black? | FerrariChat

F8 F8 hood stripe painted or Matt black?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by cpd1, Feb 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    Submitting my Spider build soon, what are the views? Did a quick search but not mentioned often.
    Ferrai calls it COLL bonnet upper inset Black Matt. No outside CF in my spec so Matt black matches the other black bits.
    Initially thought Matt black was fine but I am going w Blu Elettrico so might as well get as much as possible for my money as the painted insert is "free":D
    Actually haven't seen many pics painted so seems most go w Matt black insert? Can only recall a couple of production pictures in the big F8 thread
    Thank u

BONNET UPPER INSERT To emphasize the sporty nature of the Ferrari F8 Tributo the bonnet upper insert can be painted in matt black by selecting the code COLL without any price surcharge. If COLL is not selected the bonnet insert will come standard in body color.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    I would spec the COLL option. If you don’t, you will see an indentation/depression on the upper part of the hood and it will be obvious that something is missing. The addition of the Bonnet Upper Insert/COLL option works to visually shorten the appearance of the hood.