F8 or STO? | Page 59 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Yup, I love the GT2 RS interior so I was thinking about doing something similar.

SoCal to az, my dealer also thinks it'll be too much. He's also agonist coloured steering wheels, tough for resale. We're going to play around with the AdP configurator tomorrow so lets see if I can come up with something more subtle.

SoCal to az likes this.
  2. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Not the roof liner this would be too much IMO.

May the Horse be with you

SLDriver likes this.
  3. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
  4. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
  5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Is it me...the more I see this car, the less excited I am. Feel like it's already worn its cycle out already, which is nutter I admit.
    I find myself researching F50, LaFF and....AV SVJ Roadsters.

6. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I get excited when I see the launch car which has heavy AdP options. The silver/green and now black/red development cars don’t do anything for me. The actual car appears to be very spec sensitive (as opposed to the configurator rendering which looks good in nearly every spec).

GT2goneF, dustman and Thecadster like this.
  7. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Stickers are a bit overdone and the pic angles would maker any car look "silly". Even the white car next to it looks squashed - - Still love this car

Hopefully a few more pics (that are normal) will pop up soon

SLDriver likes this.
  8. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    The STO logo placement is still weird to me, it would look better on the fender.

Overall I'm impressed with the way this car looks. It's aggressive and a big step up from the Performante. I'm sure the performance will make the STO the Lambo to own. The STO is a winner in my books.

Shack likes this.
  9. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    LaFf all day long!

May the Horse be with you

MANDALAY likes this.
  10. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    wait for deliveries and real tests. If this car is what it appears to be...then it's a real game-changer. If it's just an upgrade of what has been...and others have already surpassed it...hard pass. I suspect it's the former. Furthermore, once the real numbers on the STO start coming out the desire to own one will be like nothing we have seen in the last 10+ years. It makes no sense that Lambo (aka VAG) would make this car if it wasn't going to bend the space-time continuum. If you can, secure a spot. No downside.

Thecadster, SLDriver and Shack like this.
  11. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    +1.

Last hooray for the NA V10.

Shack and Thecadster like this.
  12. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    #1463 ScrappyB, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    What specifically do you think will make it game changing? The extra downforce will not be apparent on the street so it comes down to weight reduction, suspension tuning, uprated shocks and next generation ceramic brake technology.

I have a deposit down but my expectations are for a car that delivers incrementally more performance and engagement over a Performante, not an transcendental experience. The few onboard YouTube videos of the pre-production car around Nardo didn’t leave the pilots reacting as one would expect if driving a game changing Huracan variant.

No doubt it will be the ultimate expression of the Huracan but the competition has set the bar very high in terms of measured performance.

13. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Closest to a STS/GT3 car for the road - probably not possible to get any closer IMO. 75% CF body - unique. Looks - no equivalent car. Last true "analog" car in the NA V10 and no GPF. Depends how you drive but IMO extra downforce in spirited driving on the road will be hugely apparent otherwise you could argue every Porsche GT variant (GT2/3/4) with a monster wing is just for show I suppose. Unlimited colour/combo's so a true expression of individuality

Whats not to like

14. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Nailed it.

09Scuderia and Shack like this.
  15. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    There’s nothing not to like but that wasn’t my question. I suppose I expect more upgrades (ie. engine) before thinking the STO can
    be considered a potential game changer. In my books, the 675LT was that vs a 650S.

As for the extra downforce vs a Performante being hugely apparent on the road.... I have a different opinion about that also.

16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Same questions and answers being rehashed infinitum. It will be a great car. How special will depend on the preferences of the owner. For those who purchase it and experience unfulfilled expectations, will sell it. Collectors will place it in their showcase.

Boomhauer and Shack like this.
  17. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Numbers have to be top of the charts, road feels and overall experience needs to be almost transcendental.

Shack likes this.
  18. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MANDALAY and GT2goneF like this.
  19. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I’ll argue F50

mikesufka likes this.
  20. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Agree, this is not a game changer... similar engine, no new revolutionary technology. Looks are more aggressive.
    The Performante was a game changer and I drank the Kool aid. ALA system, forged Carbon, uprated HP, LDS, etc. all leading to the Nurburgring record.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

uhn2000 likes this.
  21. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Your Perf was over spec'd and that's why you got burnt. Rule number one when buying any brand new Lambo, don't go crazy with paint and AdP.

Anyone who spec'd a white or black Perf coupe with basic options didn't lose much and since last summer the coupe prices have gone up and will probably hold. I regret selling my coupe.

Surfah, 09Scuderia, Coincid and 3 others like this.
  22. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    "game changer" is relative and an individual opinion. To me its a game-changer and I took about 2 seconds (as my internet connection is slow) to decide I wanted it.
    Sold the Perf at a very respectable figure and didnt lose mush either.

23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Traded in my Performante for the F8 and loss was inconsequential. Prices on Perf are holding steady.

Thecadster and Shack like this.
  24. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Who said I got burnt?