F8 or STO? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I wondered the same as those wheels are not an option (I wish they were).

Thecadster likes this.
  2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    lift on the 765 is a no cost option.

3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Talked to my dealer yesterday. He was lamenting about all the bad conversations he’s had to have letting good customers know that he can put them on the list, but cannot guarantee an allocation. The popularity of the STO caught him by surprise. He failed to predict the range of interested customers in this car.

4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The lift on the STO, unlike on the 488 or F8, is an absolute necessity. Without it, scraping the underside of the car will be an inevitability.

5. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Does the STO utilize a GPF?

6. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I believe the entire car is CF composite with the exception of the doors. That means everything you see is already CF. IMO, paying extra to have your CF is 'shiny' and see the weave is all about show vs go. This car is about GO. Looking at the BASE car the standard stuff does put Ferrari to shame. Sorry, its true.

mdrums, Shack and Boomhauer like this.
  7. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    also, not sure the mag wheels are extra. I too have the order guide. IF they are extra, I will get them and just order a base color.

8. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Ive been wondering about the same question and the new Huracans ive heard are loud. I would venture to say they might be the loudest oem cars Ive heard in quite some time. I was told they dont have gpf due to use of port fuel injection vs direct. Not sure about the details but I did find one article that mentions it. 2nd and 3rd paragraph of the article below talk about the Huracan evo rwd engines. I would imagine the STO has a similar setup.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/lamborghini-huracan-evo-rwd-review-the-best-modern-lambo/

9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I had the EVO RWD for a weekend and the sound was other worldly. No filtering going on here.

10. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I think Lambos are much more faithful to renderings in that regard and look great. Ferraris’ wheels shrink shockingly from sketches to renderings, to configurator, to customer cars

Loxo likes this.
  11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I am quite surprised at the overwhelmingly positive reaction, on a Ferrari forum, to the STO, while simultaneously the usual Lamborghini nay sayers are silent. Subjectively I found the design aesthetic over the top in wild colors with bright contrast and in combination with a splattering of unsightly decals. Spec it more conservatively, and the appearance adheres to a form follows function approach which accurately comports to the raison d'etre of the car. The sound uber alles crowd will be entering the heavenly gates. Those who lust after an immersive, unfilterred driving experience will be highly rewarded. Others who obsess on track and drag times will be disappointed. Compared to the current competition, 631 HP is underleveraged. Couple that with RWD and objective speed numbers will not be singularly impressive. But the STO is much more than solely technical capabilities. Based upon my experience with the Performante and the EVO RWD, the STO should provide a level of excitement, thrills and driver involvement that may arguably be unequalled by any other supercar in its class. The STO represents the classic dictum that it is not how quickly one reaches one's destination, it is how fully it tickles all the right senses that matters most. For those who were overly expansive in both vertical and horizontal dimensions to comfortably fit into Lamborghini's previous models, give the STO another shot. It may be highly worth the effort.

12. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I wouldn’t say this is very representative of actual ride height, wheel diameter and offset. In any case, it is what it is.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    #138 Shack, Nov 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Interesting the decals and some "coloured bits" can be costly. I do understand if these are painted decals etc. Might as well get the decals printed locally and added later. Most people will PPF the whole car and hence you could use PPF for the coloured pieces if they are just stuck on and not painted.

Boomhauer likes this.
  14. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    44k for decals. I though the 15k stripe on the Pista was excessive.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  15. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    WHAT THE ...... Are they on drugs !!!

16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    It was posted previously in this thread...

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

44k for stickers....

18. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    OK thanks - did not say whether painted or stickers - I will confirm with my dealer

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    They are painted.I would pay them not to have it.

GatedMurci likes this.
  20. Fastmd

Fastmd Karting

Dec 1, 2011
    New Jersey
    Stickers are $3400. For pack 2 and 3, not door logo. Have the option list at my dealer as I am number 1 on the list.
    Full carbon exterior pack=$21,600
    Contrast pack= $4000
    Lift=$4000
    SC pack=$16,800
    My paint: ad personam $14,000
    Interior sportivo = $3300
    Other stiching, 800 and 200 for steering wheel
    Caliper color=$1600

Seems pretty reasonable.
    The outrageous cost is there $4600 carbon fiber floor mats.

Shack likes this.
  21. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    There's an option to have the stickers painted. You still have individual sticker packages.

Shack likes this.
  22. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Don't forget the gold wheels which in Canada are around $18k. I assume most US STO's will be hitting $400k+.

23. Fastmd

Fastmd Karting

Dec 1, 2011
    New Jersey
    The build sheet I have has the magnesium wheels in the $16,800 SC pack price. Not sure of the price of the wheels alone. They are checking.

24. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Magnesio 20" monolock rim in bronze - Stand alone or Included in PDP - CAD 17.790

SC package is the way to if you want the bronze wheels:

Telemetry System with cameras and connected features 6.190
    Fire extinguisher 930
    Rims Magnesium 20" super lightweight (da selezionare) 17.790
    Package price - 19.790

25. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    no. we are. :)