F8 or STO? | Page 64 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Looks so good...

2. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I gotta stop watching these videos (still a long wait in front of me).

Say what you want, this car’s got the ‘it’ factor.

Shack, SLDriver and Coincid like this.
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Time to spec my STO......WTF to do???

Anyone else having trouble also?

SLDriver and Thecadster like this.
  4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I’m completely at an impasse. Very frustrated. I put it aside for the time being. I am just going to focus on my new addition for now.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Andynyc, Cigarzman, Coincid and 4 others like this.
  5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Love your 765LT spec BTW.
    I watched Shmee spec video, did you see that? The ad personam capability is endless. I cant go do that....I’d spend a week at the dealer and still be undecided.

Boomhauer, SLDriver and GT2goneF like this.
  6. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    So I spoke with a Lambo collector earlier today and he told me the STO production number will be around 1400 cars worldwide with a 3rd allocated for the US market. In comparison, there's 1700 SVJ's not including the 63's and Xagos and over 2000 Perfs + Spyder.

He also mentioned that the demand is very high with a lot of US dealers sold out of allocations, one reason is there's a lot of demand from first time Lambo owners that want to buy the STO.

7. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Testing is wrapping up...

"The Huracán STO was born from the desire and determination to make an audacious dream come true: to inject Lamborghini Squadra Corse’s racing heritage into a road-legal super sports car.
    This vision has now turned into reality, and together with the Lamborghini board and the model line directors, I have personally been involved in final-stage testing sessions. This commitment makes me feel even closer to the customers that will get to enjoy this formidable super sports car, and proud to experience the company first-hand."

GT2goneF and Mortarion like this.
  8. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    real road tests, please........

9. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
  10. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Where does your problem lie? Color? Options? Ad Personam? I could probably send you a spec.

11. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I hate to say it, but the STO seems to be one of the most spec sensitive cars I’ve seen. Good luck!

They all seem to look good on the configurator but real life photos of every STO (with the exception of the launch car) are meh in my opinion.

Thecadster and GT2goneF like this.
  12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    That is what I am discovering. Almost to the point of passing on the car TBH. Or, basic non garish spec and then have designs wrapped instead after.

GT2goneF likes this.
  13. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I’ve tried to understand what it is about the launch car that makes it work. Two things I’ve noticed.

1) the engine cover/roof scoop is in black which has the effect of flattening the car which otherwise looks too tall when in body colour.

2) the lower sill , vent and door is painted in orange/black which pinches the belt line and makes the car look less ‘thic’

My plan would be to spec those items via AdP or wrap it locally although I’d be concerned about the heat potentially melting a wrap on the engine cover.

Jcmd, SoCal to az, GT2goneF and 2 others like this.
  14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Did you watch Shmee video where he played with the full builder? Similar note on roof/side skits in ad personam that transforms the car.
    Does anyone recall a “launch car” that was so far down the path of unreasonable to spec unless going so custom? Seems a bit F’d up.

Thecadster likes this.
  15. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Never. To make matters worse, apparently the brake calipers are also a custom orange to match the Arancio California accent colour.

Thecadster and GT2goneF like this.
  16. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I’ve been told this about the calipers as well. And the Blu Laufey. I noticed that in person the calipers don’t quite match the orange trim regardless.

Buddy of mine that already did his spec said much of the exterior was not available in AdP. Apparently the reveal belongs in the Journal of Irreproducible Lamborghinis.

I like your idea about using a wrap for the lower silk near the cowl. Definitely sets it apart. And the white striping and black motif helps a great deal. I’m gonna wrap all these if I go this color.

Personally, were i in line for a car this year, I’d go for it. No GPF. But, I wait..........

17. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I think the safest and most flexible path would be to focus on the right primary colour and avoid any secondary colour (go standard black or optional exposed carbon). Brake calipers in black or silver. Then ‘fix’ the rest with wrap and accent stripes.

Verde Themis is my leading candidate with black roof, side skirts/lower door, engine cover and STO door decal to break up the mass of greenness.

18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Yes, he covers all this and more.

19. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I think you posted this earlier. I agree with you about a bright primary and black secondary (though I may not be brave enough for green) except the cowl opening is lost with the black.

Easy to see how one could make a real mess of this car! I hope to see some in the flesh before I go to spec.

GT2goneF likes this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I like (in Borat's voice)

21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Agreed. I’m curious to see what concoctions exit the factory this year.

22. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Less is more. I love this!! Maybe instead of green- tricolor stripes on the side.

23. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    My (simple) spec came out to $355k.
    The press car is $450k, FWIW.

Tricolore is not factory, rather provided as a wrap after car is delivered.

Certainly torn on direction.

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Love it!! Well specced.

25. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Aren’t we all, lol.

I’d heard $417 on press car, but there’s so much AdP on that, who knows........(and no one’s got the spec sheet for it).

I’m pretty certain there’ll be a price increase for 2022s.......