F8 or STO? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    SC pack=$16,800 if it includes all of this stuff is a figgen deal. (I believe the mag wheels on a new GT3RS were 17k alone new and if you want to buy a new set from Porsche they are in the $30k range.)
    Telemetry System with cameras and connected features
    Fire extinguisher
    Rims Magnesium 20" super lightweight (da selezionare)
    Package price -

2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I echo comment above, lots of enthusiasm on Fchat where typically it's "lambo owners sux". Nice to see the positive car lover spirit again.

Ash Patel, Thecadster, mdrums and 3 others like this.
  3. It's because unlike other Lambos, the STO is

1. Designed for a driving purpose (not just a "look at me rev my engine" purpose)
    2. Focuses more on getting from Point A to Point A the quickest, and not just from getting to Point A to B in the fast way possible
    3. NA V10 (seriously, outside of VW with the R8 and Huracan, who still does that in a production car)
    4. Mid-engined NA V10, to boot!

Plus, something no one has mentioned yet. The STO has newest and latest Brembo CCM-R brakes.

Ash Patel likes this.
  4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I hadnt noticed the new tech Brembos! Is that in the brochure?
    Rem, the AV SVJ held the Ring record until recently. An honest driving beast, quickest, V12.
    The Pista, one could argue, is a bit of a poser given how it is beaten by some cars. But it does look good!

Ash Patel and Boomhauer like this.
  5. It is, but also in the press previews, like this one:

The suspension expands the rear track, uses new bushings and electronically controlled shock absorbers, installs a more direct-drive steering gear, and rear-wheel steering also helps the driver. The electronic intervention has three stages, the STO is optimized for the street program, the Trofeo for the dry racetrack, and the Pioggia (rain) for the wet racetrack. The latest Brembo CCM-R carbon-ceramic brake system is on board, the discs, based on current F-1 experience, can be operated with less force compared to the previous (CCB) carbon-ceramic brake system and provide greater deceleration; there is also a brake wear monitoring function in the on-board electronics.
    Full article here: https://tekdeeps.com/the-racing-car-released-for-the-road-is-the-lamborghini-huracan-sto-car-motor/

6. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    lets not forget the guy running Lambo for the development of this car was a former Ferrari guy, ran the race team etc. Kind-a obvious, no?

7. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011

8. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    True :) :)

9. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I am not surprised by the interest and maybe sold out for even Lamborghini top clients. It looks to be awesome stirring the automotive senses!

10. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    A big birdy hinted to me Lamborghini will attempt a ring record next year. There's also rumour the STO is setting insane track times during testing, supposedly they shaved off 3 secs from a Perf track time.

Also the official media launch event is suppose to be held at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya early next year.

mdrums likes this.
  11. Ash Patel, Ryan13 and mdrums like this.
  12. nlpamg

nlpamg Karting

Oct 18, 2014
    I also am at odds, but stuck with my F8 order. After having owned three Porsche 991 GT3s (one of the being an RS), I wanted something not as track focused, with no wing, 700+hp, and more refinement.

13. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Ah, okay. Appreciate the clarification. :)

14. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    For the guys who've spec'd their cars, how much is your spec coming out to?

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    The brochure claims a 3 sec improvemment over the Perf coupe.

16. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Has anyone been able to spec the reveal car? Can’t get those side sills the same, nor the orange treatments around the scoop and cofango to name a few. Seems a bit slimy to show off a AdPersonam vs normal-human spec.

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Im not surprised , there has been a lot of Maclaren talk also.

18. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    It's AdP. The roof and engine cover are AdP as well. Remember the STO was suppose to be shown at Quail, after Quail VIP clients were suppose go to the Lambo house to spec their cars at the AdP design studio.

19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    ^you can see the racing helmet storage bin

Ash Patel, Thecadster and SLDriver like this.
  20. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
  21. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Grammatically horrendous. But most Lambo owners won’t care.

Agree. And same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Lamborghini has generally not been been viewed on this forum as positively as McLaren. 675LT, 720S, and Senna has subject of lots of praise. Lamborghini not so much. More unexpected, is the amount of those expressing a desire to purchase or who have already placed a deposit on the STO.

Ash Patel and Shack like this.
  23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    1. Same applied to Performante
    2. Going from Point A to Point A means you have been stationary.
    3 & 4. All previous Gallardos and Huracans