F8 Pics with your car lowered | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Pics with your car lowered

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by StevenF8, Dec 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #26 Enzo Belair, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    My dealer is Miller Motorcars, but yes they did the work for me. Lowered the car on the stock setup and then performed an alignment. We modified the setup on the rear a bit and added more camber, I push my car in the hills and asked for a more aggressive setup. Outside of what I would consider better handling due to the aforementioned items, the car rides 100% like it did prior to the modification, including bumpy road mode.

YES 100% THE SUSPENSION WILL SETTLE. I had to go back and have them raise the car as the suspension settled, the ride was to low (and looked to low) and I was scraping, the rear diffuser on the F8 is SUPER low. If you were to do the work I would wait until you put a few hundred miles on the car, I made a mistake by doing so, which included scraping the diffuser which I had to fix, not to mention doing the suspension work over again.

I added 15mm spacers on the rear only (I know this offset is not the best for performance, but at the end of the day it is a road car, not a race car), 15mm pushes the tires to far out IMHO and the front really does not need it, they are in a perfect position, again IMHO.

The goal was to make the car look like a proper "factory sports car stance" and not an aftermarket esthetic.

Viperjoe likes this.
  2. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott

Attached Files:

• re.jpg
      re.jpg
      File size:
      155 KB
      Views:
    • we.jpg
      we.jpg
      File size:
      104.4 KB
      Views:
  3. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I mean 20mm pushes out the rear tires to much IMO.

4. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I just put the novitec springs on will those settle as well? Or what I see now will be it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It will settle over time. You might need to have it raised later if it rides too low. The rear diffuser will be your clearance issue.

Enzo Belair likes this.
  6. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

That is just about the finest looking F8 I've ever seen. Equipped with suspension lifter?

7. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Oh, thanks! Nope, no lifter.

8. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    When my F8 spider is in hopefully 8-10 more weeks if you don’t mind I’ll message you and we can chat privately. I’d love to replicate your suspension setup. I moved from NJ to FL and my dealer is Ferrari of Palm Beach but I’m sure your dealers service department can have my local dealers service dept. replicate your setup.

9. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
  10. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
  11. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    100%, I love talking Ferrari and am here to help.

Nsd991 likes this.
  12. Mayed1113

Mayed1113 Rookie

Dec 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Majed
    Looks amazing. How low you went with noviteic springs?

13. Mayed1113

Mayed1113 Rookie

Dec 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Majed
    Guys I need an advice, my F8 got the stock wheels and I need to lower it little bit by Novitec springs and spacers.
    Novitec advised I can go from 20 mm to 35 mm low. Thus, I will adjust it to 20 mm lower. Plus I'm adding 10 mm front spacers and 15 mm rear spacers. Again I'm not looking for crazy low as the roads not much good here. What do you think for my setup?
    Novitec spring 20 mm low
    Novitec spacers 10 mm front, 15 rear

14. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Thanks I asked the shop but i believe it was 15-18mm lower

15. lamborarijason

lamborarijason Karting

Sep 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Your set up looks incredible, your goal of achieving "factory sports car stance" is 100% accomplished. Do you have an issues with running just 15mm spacers in the rare. I have a set of 11mm front and 15mm rear spacers for my F8 not yet installed. I am debating on installing both or just rear.

16. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Lowered ~32mm on Novitec springs. Novitec spacers; 10mm front, 15mm rear. The ride is smoother than OEM and the look is proper; the way it should have come from the factory. Image Unavailable, Please Login

bluesea, Nsd991, Hunter911 and 3 others like this.
  17. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    Beautiful. You’ve nailed the stance.

Well done.

Viperjoe likes this.
  18. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    lol. Montana plates in New Jersey.

Viperjoe likes this.
  19. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Looks great, I’m thinking about letting my dealership lower my car as well on the stock components. However I’m not sure how low they will go, the pic earlier in the thread lowered 15mm looks about perfect. Annual service is due next month, they quoted me $3,800 to lower it though…:eek:

20. lamborarijason

lamborarijason Karting

Sep 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #45 lamborarijason, Aug 22, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    I too went with 15mm spacers in the rear. I ordered 11mm front and 15mm rear. End up only installed in the rear as front indeed doesn’t need it. Car is lowered on stock coil over. I plan to raise the rear by around 1/2 inch for more balanced look as it sits too low in the rear currently.

In case anyone interested in weight. I went with really lightweight spacers made by BONOSS that weight in at 2lbs 15 oz for a set of 4 spacers not including the longer wheel bolts.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

bluesea, 05F430F1, Nsd991 and 4 others like this.
  21. Ddushman

Ddushman Rookie

Dec 18, 2021
    Looks great! Have you had to reset the height after putting some miles on it? I have heard they tend to settle a bit after a few hundred miles. Any issue with rubbing? My car is at the dealership now getting Novitec Springs installed along with a set of 20/21" wheels and tires. I was thinking I should be conservative and lower about 20mm and then wait for the sag??? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

22. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

The springs will definitly settle after a few weeks and a few hundred miles. IMO, give it a month and 500 miles.

23. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Any issues with the Bonoss spacers?

I'm considering them for another vehicle and would love your feedback.

Thanks

24. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Your car looks AWESOME!— are you saying you lowered your car with the factory springs? That’s what I want to do but was confused why no one does it… aren’t they adjustable coil overs from factory? Why do people choose to go with novitech or whatever instead? Hang on while I come up with more annoying questions….

Main question is, can I just have Ferrari lower my car with current suspension?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    #50 RoadRonin, May 27, 2023
    Last edited: May 27, 2023
    Here’s a thread you may find useful:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/f8-lowering-on-stock-springs.652634/

You can lower on the stock coil overs. If you go with a modest drop, you probably won’t experience much of a degradation in ride quality. A more aggressive drop will require Novitec springs to maintain your ride quality.

Immediately upon delivery of my F8, I had the dealer lower the car on the stock suspension. I asked for a 15mm drop but my dealer said 10mm was as low as they would go. The car felt normal but I ultimately wanted to go a little lower so I went with Novitec.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

mehdis.world, bluesea, GTf12 and 4 others like this.