F8 - F8 Rims | FerrariChat

F8 F8 Rims

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by OSUferrari, Dec 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I am looking to order a 2nd set of rims for my F8. Any suggestions/advice on the best place to purchase?

I had HRE's on my first 458 (looked great) but had some paint peeling off when I traded it in back in 2017. Also - are 488 rims compatible with F8 or do I have to wait until official "F8" rims come out? (most sites I have searched do not have the F8 loaded yet as option). I saw one post here with someone buying Pista rims for his F8 but not sure where you can get those (direct from Ferrari?)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    Call Scuderia parts in London (888) 527-9396

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks!

4. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    If you talk to them about the wheels. Let me know what $ they are quoting you...

I’m in the same boat, went with the standard wheels but still deciding what I will ultimately do... I’d prefer to stay with a factory Ferrari wheel, but may go with an HRE

5. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    BTW, there has been a take off set of black Pista wheels on EBay if you like the black look.

6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The F8 wheels have exactly the same characteristics as the 488 (or Pista) wheels - size, offset, and so on. So much so that the standard F8 wheels are the standard 488 wheels that have been carried over (the wheels with the specific design as shown on demo cars are optional.)

Gh21631 likes this.
  7. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks for the info. I just looked those up and that is exactly what I want. Are you 100% sure they will fit F8? 10k is a lot of waste if they don’t fit!

8. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    So I have been talking with Scuderia Parts (they are VERY responsive by the way). I did confirm 488 / Pista rims will work on F8. For same rims that come on F8 they are quoting me $12.5k. (it you want 2nd set in different color). For Pista Rims, he is at $16.5k delivered.

[​IMG]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks for the info! Crazy prices, especially for the “upgraded” F8 wheel. You might also want to check with eurospares, they always seem to have the best prices. You can plug the part number into their website and you’ll get the price.

I’m leaning towards an HRE wheel. I actually like the look of the standard wheel, just not crazy with the fact it’s cast vs forged.

10. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    HRE emailed me back and said all they can do is waitlist me until they officially spec the rim. So they don’t offer anything at the moment but I did not ask them to send me 488 options

11. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The F8 wheels are exactly the same size and offset as the 488. I’ve spec’d and priced HRE with TAG.

12. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Check out Forgeline. Great quality forged rims, great racing heritage and priced way way better than these rims you are talking about and rims from HRE, BBS etc.

13. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Dealership is now telling me they will sell me brand new set of Pista rims for 10.5k. Which means I can get another 1k off that. Heading in the right direction at least.

14. ACK

ACK Rookie

Aug 7, 2018
    Prague
    Full Name:
    Anco
    Boomhauer, bluesea, Nicolas21 and 5 others like this.
  15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    HRE R101’s would look great on the F8.

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Try www.gwdmv.com and ask for Adrian. He did Forgeline custom wheels for my Pista, you can see pics in my thread. We went 20/21's with 325's on the rears. You can get them powder coated or painted as you prefer. The 21s on the rears do a great job of filling the gap in the rear.

17. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks. Can you send em a link to pictures of your Pista?

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  19. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks - those look great (as does the whole car - beautiful spec)...............any issues with rubbing on back with the larger size? I can now get brand new set of black Pista rims for under 9K so may go that direction........if you don't mind me asking, were yours around the same range?

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    No rubbing at all. Cost for wheels and tires was roughly 10k. These wheels are super light and designed for the Pista.

21. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    9K not bad for new Pista wheels...

I’m trying to make up my mind between the Pista wheels, the 488 accessory wheel or an HRE P107sc

22. EyeGuy

EyeGuy Rookie

Jan 7, 2020
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Baggett
    I will most likely have my F8 rims replaced at the time of delivery (late spring I'm told). You are welcome to purchase mine if you are still in the market for original F8 rims.

23. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks. I think I am down to 3 options. Keep rims as they are, paint them black or order Pista rims. My dealer is going to get delivery of their demo model in a few weeks so will spend some time looking that over and hopefully make a decision.

24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Another vote for Forgeline here. Staggeringly high quality wheels. Not sure if I would calk them much better priced than HRE though. The Comp series which is what you want comes in at roughly the same price as OE and HRE. But the quality is on the same level as Rays, Advan BBS and Enkej Racing, and that is saying something for those who really know their wheels.

To the OP. If weight is a concern, consider the Pista Spider forged "star" wheels. They are by far the lightest of all the 488, Pista, F8 wheels, sans the CF wheels of course. But they are at a weight that actually competes with the light versions of HRE and Forgeline wheels. Not 100% there, but close.

25. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So what are the weights of the Pista star wheels?