f8 spider denied options? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

f8 spider denied options?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by *fill-up*, Mar 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    When it comes to the interior, unlike the exterior which is on view whenever the car exits the garage, it is primarily seen by friends and family. On the rare ocassion when the car is left in a parking spot, strangers, who will not be purchasing a Ferrari, will view this highly contrasting canopy of colors.What harm is being inflicted on the prestige of the Ferrari brand. I am in favor of anyone spending 1/2 million $ on a car, be graciously offered any design the purchaser desires, no matter how misguided. 50% deposit and balance of payment prior to build.

3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    In regards to this thread and the mods questionable judgement. The OP knew and in fact stated the very unique and unusual nature of this spec and had a sense of humor about it. He knew he’d get a bit of a rousing for its colorful nature. I believe people here have been respectful with their jokes and within the rules and no posts needed to be removed.

Senna1994, GT2goneF and jm2 like this.
  4. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    WOW, this spec is nuts! Technically, I've an F8 spider coming with a 5 color interior as well. So far so good, did not get denied yet and production has supposedly started!

Cigarzman likes this.
  5. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Let’s see your configuration spec pic , I would love to see 5 colors.

Nonoyeahyeah and crinoid like this.
  6. albert cortina

Jun 14, 2018
    As someone who first experience with a Ferrari was my fathers Dk. Blue w/ red seats and tan carpets 74' Dino spyder, I have to agree that too many colors takes away from the beauty of the cars themselves. When I go onto the F website to use the configurator, I find myself adding options and colors only to remove them to clean up the looks. I prefer no carbon fiber on the interior, and silver or dark calipers. No offense to the anyone, but too much is just that...too much..The cars are beautiful in their own right. Good luck with your purchase!!

7. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Rookie

Jan 30, 2013
  8. Headsuppassinglft

Dec 24, 2020
    Addison, TX
    Full Name:
    Christine Fritsch
    This is what I was going to suggest. We have the seats in our customer's jets re-dyed when they can't be cleaned. I hate it though.

9. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    hahahah "panoply".

10. Headsuppassinglft

Dec 24, 2020
    Addison, TX
    Full Name:
    Christine Fritsch
    The images of the black seats with red interior pieces surrounding the cabin are what I ordered for my SF90. I'm also asking for the Tricolore stripe to replace the red one in the seat to match the Tricolore shift paddles. The brown seats with the Tricolore stripe is what I found in some photos online and fell in love with the stripe. There are technically 5 colors in that interior. The stiching is tricolore and I thought that was a bit much and skipped that. You just have to work with Ferrari until you can both come up with something you both like.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Scott Archibald

Jan 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Scott Archibald
    A Project as such, shouldn't the request go the Tailor Made route?
    That is the group for one off type spec's. Could add a $100k in additional costs?

12. otoupalik

otoupalik Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad Otoupalik
    I can tell you when I have been to the factory each time there have been cars with more colors - but all going to Saudi. lol. I am sure that an upfront payment would solve this as others have said!

ThankfulGuy and SVCalifornia like this.
  13. 71type65

71type65 Rookie

Nov 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    71type65
    Personal taste preferences aside...

How difficult/$$ would it be to just order the car with dash colors you want, then have a custom shop redo the carpet, belts, seat leather, etc after the fact?

ThankfulGuy likes this.
  14. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    B
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This one a one of a kind. If they made it for you, you might be keeping it for life.

ThankfulGuy likes this.
  15. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    Ferrari seems to be really random in what they will or will not do.
    Case in point: my request for a VERY easy option being turned down.
    I have a 2013 458 spider. I have the rear wall optioned in leather. This is in addition to paying for lower dash in beige and upper zone in beige leather. I wanted the diamond stitch done to just this area. Note: Ferrari will do diamond stitch on door panel, roof, seat insert on the 458. They also do it on the back deck of the V12 cars when requested. I saw the rear wall in diamond stitch on a Ferrari 458 Tailor Made car that they highlighted in one of their "design" offerings. It is how I got the idea.

I was told that IF I specced the entire floor in Alcantara AND then added the stitching to the entire floor THEN they would do rear wall as part of the floor stitching. The cost was around 16K in 2013. That includes the up-charge for Alcantara carpet and then stitching cost. I passed as I thought the price was absurd. I have no issue with Ferrari wanting something exorbitant to do rear wall. I DO have an issue with being told , "NO" for something that was readily done on other similar sized/shaped panels.

Best

16. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Like a Missoni!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat