F8 Spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by F40org, Jun 21, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    would you like WHITE F8

2. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    i have a F8 for sale

3. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    anyone looking for a F8

4. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Any pics?

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Just returned from test driving an F8 Spider. Perfect day here in Michigan, and drove it with the top down. I wish I was able to have driven it back to back with the 488 Spider i sold last December, but that's not possible.
    Everyone else has pretty much spelled out the F8/Spider driving characteristics, but I can say with no hesitation, the performance driving on civilian streets is an awesome experience. The only thing from my memory that stood out was the sound on the downshifts didn't seem as 'vocal' as it was on the 488. Having owned a 488, 458, 430 and a 355, each had it's own signature sound. Most importantly however, I still have an order for a Spider. Could it be more raucous? Of course. But it's the entire package I'm buying. Get used to it, electric derivatives are on the horizon. Enjoy the ICE while we can.
    I love the car.
    This particular vehicle is Giallo (yellow) with a Dk. Blue interior. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

forzashumi, stavura, ntatfas and 3 others like this.
  6. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Thanks for your post.
    I am thinking of getting an F8 Spider as well, and really really love the triple yellow I have on my current 458 Spider. However, I am bored with the black interior with yellow stitching. I was toying with the idea of a blue leather interior with either yellow or grey stitching (how very French of me :)). I would be very interested in your opinion John, especially with your design history, as to how you think that combo might look in person.
    Also, which blue do you think: sterling, media, or some other?
    Thanks!

jm2 likes this.
  7. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Flattered you ask.

The car I drove had a very Dk Blue interior as well as dk blue brake calipers.
    You asked so I'll tell you, it is not personally for me. I ordered the Triple Coat yellow as well and it is like the 458 Spider I had. Tri-Coat Yellow over black.
    The car at the dealer looked black until you got up close to it. The Dk Blue w/Yellow would not appeal to everyone. But having said that, I'm a firm believer in ordering what YOU like/want, not what everyone else might think. These cars are too expensive to compromise when you are paying full price.
    Your question re: the yellow or grey stitching is a personal choice. The yellow would certainly stand out, whereas the grey would be more subtle. What kind of a statement do you wish to make. Because you do make a statement with whatever choices you make. Unfortunately, people do judge.

The all too popular 'resale' question eventually pops up, and to that I would say, yellow over blue might limit your resale market. Is that a problem? Only you can address that issue. For me personally, black is the only choice with the yellow exterior. Neither, tan, nor blue nor red! suits my personal taste with a yellow exterior. But like I said, whatever you 'feel' is the right decision. As long as you know going in what to expect, there should be no surprises.

Love how you mentioned 'how French of you'. For whatever reasons, the French have always had their own unique design style/language. That's what I love about French design. The Citroen DS is one of my all time favorite designs. Go figure. :eek:
    Only the French could have pulled that one off.

Oh, one additional issue is the Tri-Coat paint. I was informed it can add several months to your build because they are painted off line outside of Ferrari's own paint facilities. For Europe maybe this is less of an issue. For myself it just adds additional time to an already lengthy waiting period.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

PTG1 and italiafan like this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Thanks John!
    I agree that one can’t go wrong with all black and yellow stitching.
    I feel I have done something “bold” with my car designs.

I’m also toying with blu Abu Dhabi and beige interior.

jm2 likes this.
  9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    ^oops....I meant to write “I have never done something ‘bold’....”

jm2 likes this.
  10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Our 812 is blu Abu Dhabi with Tortora interior and blu stitching. Very elegant and not very common...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. ellis a sharp

ellis a sharp Karting

Dec 11, 2019
    knoxville tennessee
    Full Name:
    ellis a sharp
    has anyone actually received their F8 Spider in US thanks Sandy

12. ellis a sharp

ellis a sharp Karting

Dec 11, 2019
    knoxville tennessee