News

F8 F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Sep 3, 2019.

1. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I love Padova! Haven't been in years! Send me book info / pricing etc. Yes there is a lot behind this scenes that we’ll never know. I know there was all sorts of issues with the PF original F40 concept that was aero related. I am not saying PF are perfect. I am saying their finesse and elegance and general presence is certainly felt and in some cases missed badly. I like Flavio and he and FCS will continue to improve. I would like them to focus on being more sculptural and more sensitive to nuance and less heavy handed with clutter and unnecessary contrived details.

kandi likes this.
  2. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Agree, but nobody is perfect nor does mistakes nor cannot be improved. The book tag price is 75 euro with the hardcover (for sale only in Italy, not available outside Italy) and 65 euro with the softcover. At the moment only the hardcover is for sale (since yesterday...), and next week also the softcover (same size, pages and so on) will be worldwide.

Who wants an hardcover signed copy or wants to know more, please send me a PM as I cannot talk more than this about my book or the Fchat moderator will ban me...

Here below the synopsys and all the info fore the hardcover

https://www.youcanprint.it/trasporto-automobilistico-storia/ferrari-the-turbo-eight-cylinders-1982-1989-9788831639149.html

ciao

MoBettah and crinoid like this.
  3. Surfah

Surfah Formula 3

Dec 20, 2011
    +1. Prefer the elegance of the Battista. I dislike the F8 coupe but find the F8 spider attractive. Too bad it sounds like a-- which is why I will keep my Huracan for now.

Graz likes this.
  4. PTG1

PTG1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    So what does everyone think is best colour combo? My dealer says red is no longer required to help resale but I'm skeptical. I have Rosso 458 spider, I have f8 coupe on order pending final spec and want to take f8 spider. I'm getting tempted by blue for coupe and the spider in yellow is looking fantastic but I'm not going to keep these forever so want to make sure I'm not buying something no one will want afterwards

Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    kandi, tfazio, nmcclure and 7 others like this.
  6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I would not limit myself to red if you don’t want it. Blue, yellow, many colors all look great.

7. Texas2step

Texas2step Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    There is more diversification of color now than before. Red color will always help resale but you are coming from a red 458 spider so I like your idea of color change. The F8 spider in yellow is stunning especially the triple yellow on the launch car. The coupe in blue will be awesome I like tdf blue. Both color should sell without problems. My favorite for the coupe is Grigio Silverstone

PTG1 likes this.
  8. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    OMG this might be the nicest 458 combo I've ever seen! Thinking strongly about wrapping mine in this color!

Griffon83 likes this.
  9. PTG1

PTG1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Will speak to dealer about this option for sure

10. italiafan

italiafan F1 Veteran

Jul 19, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Beyond gorgeous!
    I was determined to do an 812GTS in this color, then I saw the launch in Grigio GTS color and now I am very conflicted.
    VZ is one of their best colors ever...

anunakki and Griffon83 like this.
  11. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Rookie

Sep 18, 2007
    Malibu, CA
    The 458 spider is a gorgeous car!

daflk, kandi and of2worlds like this.
  12. Shoffman

Shoffman Karting

Mar 26, 2015
    Thinking of exchanging 488S for F8S — has any test driven the F8T and if they have, how’s the sound vs the 488? Some people have implied the sound will be more muted due to new regulations — is this in the US as well?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Journalists are just starting to release reviews so it will be awhile before customers can drive the F8. From what's been written so far it appears that the F8 is quieter than the 488 outside the car due to the GPF filter. GPF will be in the US cars as well. However Ferrari also incorporated what they are calling a hot tube that brings engine noise into the cabin and its supposed to sound better inside the cabin vs the 488 due to this feature.

14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Indeed, the reviewers say that the sound inside the cabin is improved.

15. PTG1

PTG1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Ah that is promising

REALZEUS likes this.
  16. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014

Although I'm not sure how they improve the sound with open top in F* Spider

veilstylez and Ohanoune like this.
  17. BoWing

BoWing Rookie

Jul 14, 2015
    Blame the EU bureaucrats, which require new particulate filters for EURO5/CO2 emissions and harsher noise regulations, NOT Ferrari! LOL! Maybe if ITALEXIT occurs then you could possibly have the old intoxicating sounds of Ferrari's of old.

Ash Patel likes this.
  18. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting

Sep 29, 2016
    France
    Timeless Masterpiece.

19. BoWing

BoWing Rookie

Jul 14, 2015
    Nothing special about Pininfarina? The 488 and now the F8 overall design are both derived from the original source, the 458. Designed by whom?

daflk and Graz like this.
  20. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yes you are right. No one else in the history of the automobile has the ability to design a car.

Dicecal likes this.
  21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Simple solution; buy the proper one, the coupe. :D

MANDALAY, LVP488 and kandi like this.