F8 - F8 Tributo Allocation | FerrariChat

F8 F8 Tributo Allocation

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Natkingcolebasket69, May 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hi There,

Never bought a new Ferrari, only used. My friend put me in touch with the rep here In SF for a tributo and to
    My surprised it is and was extremely easy to
    Secure an allocation for early next year, all I need is 10k and configure the car.
    Is this different than in the past? For some reasons I thought it was “harder”. For some reasons I always been told it was really hard to be a first time “new” buyer”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    As Ferrari continues to increase production and competitors do the same it will become much easier to order a new Fcar

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There have been allegations here recently that dealers have been asked to ensure about a third of new cars go to first time buyers - which could be a hearsay way of glossing the previous comment !

One point is that deliveries will probably not begin til Q2/20 so 'early next year' could well mean 2021

Anthony Capone likes this.
  4. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    That is how it works. Find out where you are on the list and see if the dealer will tell you how many allocations they expect to get for the year. With the increase production I think the days of a 18-24 month wait are a thing of the past. You may be a Q2 or Q3 2020 delivery, depending on the dealer. What spec did you go with?

5. Natkingcolebasket69

I didn’t purchase yet, I’m going Saturday; he told me I would be getting q2-2020 if I go ahead. Interesting!

6. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Just remember the time estimate is always fluid. If someone comes in with a larger buying history you can get bumped down the list. When I ordered my 488 (which was replaced by a 720s and now a 812SF) I got bumped up the list only because they had a buyer for my 458. The “list” changes daily. Lol. Also the pricing won’t be final until delivery and they can only give you an estimate of what it will be. Good luck!!

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Good to know!!

8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    congrats. You will enjoy the car. Nothing like getting to spec your own Ferrari from brand new!

sampelligrino likes this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

Didn’t buy it yet- I’m going over the weekend;)the question is: will it sound as good as my testarossa lol

10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    no it wont. But I dont get this infatuation with sound. Its one aspect of a great car. Yes the testarossa will sound "better" but put an exhaust on the car if thats critical.

In every other aspect it will blow your TR away. So who cares about sound when the car is a million times better in every aspect.

Il Co-Pilota, F12JAJ, RickVC and 2 others like this.
  11. luckyguy

luckyguy Karting

Nov 18, 2016
    venice italy
    Italian market, if u order now u get 2021

Inviato dal mio LYA-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

12. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    This is the new normal. Please don't come on Fchat in 12 months and start another thread regarding worry for depreciation.

The global economic environment, China in particular, is slowing. Above all, Ferrari is producing 50% more cars now than they did just 5 years ago.

The old days of waiting years to get your car and low depreciation are over.

boxerman, ajr550, LARRYH and 3 others like this.
  13. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Well I put my 20 thousand deposit in April at Ferrari Fort Lauderdale. They told me any former loyal buyer would bump me back on the list. I have called the dealer and they tell me demand is high. I am not optimistic i will get the order call until 2020.

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Well if u saw my contribution on fchat and had read my post u would see a) i didn’t buy the car b) i don’t really care about the price. I was just surprise it was so easy to get one.

15. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    #15 ScottS, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
    I don’t think that is directed AT YOU just in general. The whole deal has changed and the rules and expectations of previous days are out.

With a publicly traded company certain ways of business go by the wayside. You cannot keep buyers at bay. The conversion of scarcity to profit is occurring as we speak. Lucky buyers of scarce products were rewarded with low depreciation or even profit with use/ownership costing less. Think of a Van Gogh painting. The purchase price is low but no one actually pays for ownership. They are nearly instantly sold for at least the previous purchase if not more. New Ferraris, while not quite Van Goghs were scarce and early buyers could drive and then sell for minimal cost of use.

Ferrari has publicly stated they will extract more margin from its customers. The cars we love have become more like regular cars at a higher price point instead of Veblen goods. The margin they are extracting is not just the purchase price but the held value. By increasing production and revenue as their stated goals will impact All Ferraris except the true LEs. Ferrari desires to make more of the profit on their cars instead of their customers. If the cost of one year of use is 10-15% purchase price, with high residual value for the owner Ferrari is willing to push that down to extract more profit on the front end through increased volume and higher margins.

That said with a decrease in scarcity - higher availability to new buyers and all buyers means depreciation will increase for all Ferraris to an extent. We owners have all benefited from lower depreciation and that is about to change. That is what the post is about. Not you per se asking about it.

And he’s right. About the posts and about the oncoming trends. Yes unique cars will maintain their value. But with more F8s, the 488 will not hold their value and on down the line. The depreciation curve has just changed.

The other impact of this change in Ferrari’s strategy is the future brand value will be decreased but to what extent is unclear. If the cost of ownership goes up, ultimately the number of owners at this new cost and their demand may decrease and the support for the increased numbers will be undermined. Personally I don’t see this happening in a substantial way in the near term. Longer trends are hard to predict.

In short Ferrari is cashing in on brand value and the impact on us is clear but the magnitude is not defined yet.

Congrats on your allocation. Enjoy the process. Enjoy the car. I hope you’re keeping the testarossa as well.

Anthony Capone, capatl, Bhh and 11 others like this.
  16. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Glad to see they were transparent with the process. Don’t be surprised if you get yours earlier than expected. I received both my 458 and 488 Spiders earlier than anticipated.

boobernackle likes this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Very nicely said and put!!

ScottS likes this.
  18. Motorwerks

Motorwerks Formula Junior

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    Anyone can get an F8. Point blank.

LARRYH, uhn2000, boobernackle and 2 others like this.
  19. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    If anyone who did not buy a car from the ordering dealer gets a car in Q1 please post. I believe you anyone can get an F8....but not everyone can get to the ordering stage as quick as you make it out to be,

20. Motorwerks

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    My dealer will take an order from a "fresh" customer and deliver the car by Summer 2020. Cauley Ferrari in West Bloomfield, MI. I'll be bold enough to say any "fresh" customer can order a Huracan EVO, McLaren 720S or an F8 AND have them all by Summer 2020. The upcoming Shelby Mustang is harder to get..

LARRYH, arizonaitalian, IPO1 and 2 others like this.
  21. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks for the info.....I will call them; If Ferrari at Fort Laud cannot compete on timelines,I will change dealers.

22. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    If you live in Ft. Lauderdale you will be required to work through the local dealer, unless Ferrari has changed policy.

23. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s correct, that’s the policy

24. Motorwerks

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    Yep. Cauley (nor any proper Ferrari dealer in the US), will not sell outside their territory.

25. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Slight correction. They won't sell inside the territory of another dealer.