F8 - F8 Tributo Seats type | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 F8 Tributo Seats type

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by EzyMode, Jun 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    OP...do you want electric adjust seats? If so then the standard seat as they call it is your only choice....then you,pick your seat pattern and if you want heated seats memory and all that.

The Goldrake Racing seats are all manual. They are a stiffer feeling seat.

I like the racing seat...my wife hates them....so there ya go...it’s preference really in seat feel and looks

EzyMode likes this.
  2. nonbita

nonbita Rookie

Apr 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    Non
    You need to try both by yourself. For some people wooden chair is more comfortable than a sofa but for others it does not. Even different seat pattern may give different feelings for some people. Find the best for yourself not for us.

Viperjoe and EzyMode like this.
  3. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    We had the standard full electric seats in our Cali T for the last 4 years. It's my wife's daily driver and she never complained about them.
    But on longer rides for a few hours I can't find a comfortable position in that seat anymore even if I use all the adjustments.
    So I tried the racing seats and ordered them for our new 812 cause they are more comfortable for me even on longer rides but my wife is missing the eletrical adjustments.
    I've got the feeling that I'm sitting ON the standard seat but I'm sitting IN the racing seat.
    Besides the look of the racing seats which is way better at least in the daytona version.

EzyMode and DefunctNeurons like this.
  4. Hackercraft

Hackercraft Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2005
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    JP
  5. Dr123

Dr123 Karting

Oct 24, 2021
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    David RANDALL
    I’m looking at a car online with these seats.

Only drove an f8 with carbon race seats so not sure if these are any good or will affect resale value etc. ?
    Any help would be great.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sit in both seats then decide what’s most comfortable. Forget about resale unless your buying the car for the next guy.
    I went with the Daytona seats because they were more comfortable for me .

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Viperjoe and ryalex like this.
  7. Dr123

Dr123 Karting

Oct 24, 2021
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    David RANDALL
    Awesome thanks.
    I like the look of the black leather but the car is 300 miles away but I am going to go see it.
    Just hope they hold you in like race seats lol

Cigarzman likes this.
  8. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

They will , this is my 4th F car with Daytona seats.

Viperjoe likes this.
  9. Dr123

Dr123 Karting

Oct 24, 2021
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    David RANDALL
    Thanks. I think the ones in the car I’m looking at are ‘specific design seats’ fully electric and heated.
    Hopefully be ok. As the car has all exterior carbon which is good and interior carbon tunnel and driver zone and sills

Cigarzman likes this.
  10. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    jm2 likes this.
  11. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    It is important to note that with the electric seats you lose a bit of room - as they are thicker.

This might not matter to most people, but it sure as heck did for me. I was never able to get comfortable in my 488 Spider with electric seats, as even with it all the way back (and rubbing against the back wall as my weight shifted) I simply didn't have enough legroom.

My F8S has Daytona racing seats, and the thinner design makes all the difference. 6-4 with longer legs/torso.

ScottS and mdrums like this.
  12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I'm with Kirk, I love the Daytonas and drove two F8s with Goldrake racing seats and after an hour my tailbone was feeling it too strongly. Every bump was like a chisel hitting my ass.

Cigarzman likes this.
  13. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Having read every post in this thread it’s clear that body types and size are key decision components when considering comfort. There also seems to be a fair amount of agreement that racing seats are better looking. I had full electric seats in my 458 and could never get comfortable - I seemed to sit up too high and felt awkward. I choose racing seats in my 488 and again in my F8 (status 30 the last I heard). Racing seats fit me like a glove and are oh so comfortable (I’m 6’ & 175 lb.). Even on longer drives I never once experienced discomfort of any kind. And the modern, high-tech, race inspired look of the seats is simply magnificent. So sit in both and decide for yourself. How you feel is all that matters. The attached rendering is what I ordered for my F8. Cheers! Image Unavailable, Please Login

9650max, Dijit, jm2 and 5 others like this.
  14. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Agree. I’m assuming one of those was a 458 too?

Cigarzman likes this.
  15. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Yes , 430 , 458 , 488 , and F8 . All spiders with Daytona seats.

Viperjoe likes this.
  16. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    I did the daytona seats full electric. Since I will be driving the more on the road than on the track having the full electric adjustments makes the most sense. You can also customize the color options endlessly.

Cigarzman and Viperjoe like this.
  17. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No sir- not accurate. You can get the goldrake seats, you just have to do Atelier.

Mike

Mortarion likes this.
  18. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have had sport seats in all my Ferrari's since the sport seat was released, 360, 360CS, 430, 430 Scuderia, F12, 458 and I will never buy them again. My F8 is the first car I ordered with full electric seats and its a 100% gamechanger. They provide the same amount of lateral support as the sport seat. You can raise your knees and find the perfect drivers position, the side bolsters are adjustable so you can form them do your body without pressure points.

I have tracked all the cars above with sport seats, as well as a car with the full electric seat, they all equally suck on the track (not inducing cars with harnesses), they are not "race seats" they are sport car seats. The only difference is, the full electric seat not only provides the same performance on the track, but is miles better in everyday use.

If you have not tried the full electric seat I urge all Ferrari owners to do so. With the new "style seat" you can graphically break them up to be very similar to the sport seat. Looks wise the sport seat is more interesting, driving wise, I say the full electric seat IMHO.

Hopes this helps...

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Softman likes this.
  19. dbalcar

dbalcar Rookie

Jun 18, 2021
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    David
  20. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Compared to Race Seats, Full Electric Seats provide considerably more adjustability, which for most equates to comfort. The style of the Full Electric Seats has also improved notably over the past few years.

I had full electric seats in my 458, which I liked very much. I switched to race seats in my 488, and again in my F8. I find the race seats to be very comfortable and never once regretted ordering them.

From an appearance POV, a modern supercar deserves the most modern seat available - IMO, this is where the race seats edge out the full electric seats.

AD211 likes this.