F8 Tributo... what happens to the price on 458 and 488 | Page 9 | FerrariChat

F8 Tributo... what happens to the price on 458 and 488

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by John458, Mar 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    What do you mean already? We are at the end of 488 production so where else wld prices be going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I suppose i should have asked if the trend is accelerating ,if that makes sense.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Oh yeh from what i hear dealers in the usa are choking on 488s and its only 3 yrs since first one was delivered. High mile 488s are around same price as low mile 458.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Depreciation - no such thing as a free lunch.

Saying that - including repairs/servicing on my 08 F430F1 I broke even - not too bad, helped by a slightly over inflated market for 430s last year here in the UK.

Happy motoring!

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I believe 488 prices will stabilize after the current glut is cleared. What we have happening now is some desperate deals being done by certain owners in a bid to make way for their Pistas.

Essentially 488 is a sensational car and in many ways still more attractive than waiting around for a year or 2 for an F8 which is more expensive anyway - if not by any great deal.

johnr265 and Napoli like this.
  6. Marcus01

Marcus01 Rookie

Jun 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    My dealer told me last week that 488 owners are taking a major beating at the moment, whatever that means.

On the other hand, they don't have a single 458 in stock and offered me 10kGBP less for my Italia than I paid for it 12 months ago with an extra 6k on the clock. Said they'd retail it at the exact same price I paid.

My F8 specced up came to about £265k with all the "must have" options including a lot of exterior carbon fibre.

7. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Sold my ‘17 488 Spider a couple of weeks ago and received a very fair deal. The dealer (not a Ferrari dealer) just sold it for over $300K. Seems the prices are tracking similarly to the 458 at the same time of the life cycle. My car was RC/ beige interior so that may have had an impact.