F8 vs 488 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

F8 vs 488

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Hendry2019, Oct 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Are you considering F8 or keeping 488/458

1. Definitely going for F8 and will never look back

32.0%
  2. Yes, but I have to test her first in order to decide

5.3%
  3. Yes, but will wait till I see her in the street and check the reviews

5.8%
  4. No, she is not in my Radar!

22.3%
  5. No, I am happy with what I have now. But maybe in the future, who knows?

36.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Simple solution that does not involve censorship. Don’t pay attention.

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    An even simpler solution- don't respond to my posts. :)

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Sounds like a plan. But oops I just responded to your post.

Boomhauer and Astrid.Didier like this.
  4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    The Huracan coupe has more headroom than the Spyder. I'm 5'10" 169 lbs and fit no problem. When Autocrossing with a helmet, the helmet rubs and I need to adjust the rake/lean forward. I do have a big melon and require the largest size helmet. It's tolerable for AutoX.

FWIW after owning a few Ferrari's, Lambo's and Porsches, the public response to the Lambo's has been exceptionally and noticeably more positive. Verde mantis 610 and Rosso mars 580, color does make a difference.

@Thecadster were you an offensive lineman in college? Amazed someone with your size can fit in the H, well done sir!

5. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I am surprised the EVO doesn’t have more power compared to the F8 and 720S it’s down 90 hp.

6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Haha! Probably should have been, but just a big dude. Former powerlifter....

Jo Sta7 and Surfah like this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The public reaction to my Lambos has been without exception, universally positive. Have not experienced
    a single negative or derogatory comment. From young children to older ladies, the excitement expressed over the cars has been so gratifying. The joy on people’s faces when confronting the cars has enhanced the ownership experience for me.

8. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

I agree. I've had nothing but positive responses with the HP. Having said that, it always attracted attention which I try to avoid.

Boomhauer and Thecadster like this.
  9. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    Perhaps color plays a factor too. What color is your Lambo getting all the attention?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    White.

11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    imagine is the Vette Z06 actually does produce similar power figu
    Trying to avoid attention and buying a Lambo are fundamentally at odds haha

Boomhauer likes this.
  12. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
  13. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Trying to avoid attention and buying a Lambo are fundamentally at odds haha[/QUOTE]

I know. Just got old after a while.

14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I have never based my car purchase on others reaction. But the response to the HP has been heart warming due to the excitement and joy the car engenders, especially from children, both boys and girls.

Boomhauer, Caeruleus11 and jim g like this.
  15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #140 Shadowfax, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Sorry missed this.

My advice is get that one down in writing with a high value penalty clause whilst you can.

I think what the sales guy at the dealer is trying to say is that the valves will open to varing degrees and at stages controlled by the ECU which will help the sound along on the inside but the cats and GPF will never be bi passed even when the valves are opened. Keep also in mind that the outside sound of the car going flat strap around the circuit (in sound video/sound clips available for viewing) is a pretty good indicator of just how quiet and unremarkable it actually sounds for a 700hp Ferrari super car vs the previous versions. It's a bummer but that's how it is unfortunately.

16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Road-tested the F8 yesterday - in terms of performance, it's definitely the next level compared to the 488; I also like the smaller steering wheel. Regarding the soundtrack it seems more muted than the 488, but that's not very important to me.
    Now with the prices of the 488 having eventually been crushed in Europe (it took more time than in the US, but it's happening now) the price difference begins to be difficult to justify.

17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Off topic but the RWD Huracan Evo looks fantastic, miles better than the 4WD EVO. With an NA V10 and those looks, despite being significantly slower than the F8 or 720S (also consequently significantly cheaper) Id consider it THE super car to get at the moment.

18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    It offers great value. $80k less than F8 and $50K less than AWD EVO and will have Alexa controlling all functions.

19. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Assuming you care for lambo styling, which I don’t so not considering one.

F12JAJ likes this.
  20. Agree with everything you say, except the Alexa part. No bueno.

21. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Went to the F8 launch party last night. Looked nice in blue, sound was meh. Will keep my 580-2 and wait for the RWD Evo.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  22. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    You gonna arrange to take it for a spin?
    I’m tempted but w all the wind and rain lately, may be difficult to get a representative impression. Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. The front fascia of the F8 reminds me too much of the C8

24. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Maybe if they allow me. Thought the nero pista looked hotter. Is that yours?

25. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I’m sure all you have to do is ask. I can’t remember how long they’re going to have the car but it’s not more than a couple weeks I believe.

Agreed. As nice as the F8 looks, the Pista is more my style. The black one is not mine but I believe it is available for the asking.
    I’m still in status 00 limbo. I think either I will have the last car off the production line or at some point they’ll realize they forgot to build it and just tell me better luck next time.