Fabio Exhaust Owners Thread | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Fabio Exhaust Owners Thread

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Qksilver, Feb 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    It is not a clone. His baffling inside is less restrictive for the most part. His primary exit pipe is a fraction smaller diameter than the HGTC. The secondary exit pipe with bypass valve is a fraction larger diameter. Overall louder than a factory HGTC as I understand and likely better flow.
    Bill
    FL

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Thanks Bill. I would imagine on bypass mode both should then be very close, and is normal mode is where you would hear the most difference then.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  4. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Haven’t heard back yet and figured I ask if anyone else knew. Fabio would definitely know given he has a factory HGTC car….

5. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    It’s actually the opposite, again from what I understand. I run a complete factory HGTC exhaust system now with only Fabio’s H-pipe. With and without the H-pipe the factory HGTC silencers are not that loud, in either open or closed bypass valve position. The HGTC silencers don’t offer what one would expect with the bypass valves open. I believe that’s why Fabio built his with less baffling and larger secondary pipes. And I suspect he went with smaller primary pipes to limit the possibility of resonance. As Taz mentioned a conversation with Fabio would confirm this.

The reason I added Fabio’s H-pipe over factory straight pipes is that I choose to run with bypass valves open all the time. Doing this there is the slightest amount of resonance on the primary side at some low rpm levels. The hope was that the H-pipes would eliminate that. There might have been a decimal gained but the objective was not obtained. A loud car is not my desire, but having a car that sounds like a Ferrari is.

I have had many conversations with Fabio about these differences. There is also his complete exhaust system minus his silencers sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. One project in front of it. My intention is once his exhaust is on to use my HGTC silencers and put the bypass valves back to normal operation, opening only with throttle input.
    Bill
    FL

6. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    FWIW Fabio is very responsive in my experience on Instagram and there in the DM’s. Very giving of his time.

TJsBeer and NE550 like this.
  7. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    Not too much at all.
    In fact, I initially had it setup with valves closed at startup and it was too quiet. So, I changed it to valves open all the time.
    Additionally, with the remote that Fabio sends with it you can open and close the valves at any time.

8. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I had Fabio's remote installed and it works great. About an hour labor for a tech to install.

Ferrari55whoa and TJsBeer like this.
  9. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    your guy must have know a short cut my guy didn’t or my guy simply didn’t want to figure it out and preferred to sell me the capristo remote for Fabios muffler…..in defense of my guy I did look at the instructions and it was “involved”….

It sounds lame but I do like the look of the capristo remote compared to Fabios.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/fabio-exhaust-owners-thread.636546/page-11#post-148256031

10. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I’m re-reading this…I would like this post 2x!

11. ifeelfree0

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I looked back through this thread and said in December 21 that it took 90 minutes so give or take 30 minutes for the install

12. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  13. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My switches are all full. The “normal” blank has FHP.

My remote has 1 open button (used to be garage opener) so if it was possible to reprogram that for a toggle/ on/off for Fabio that would be radical.
    View attachment 3382972 Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Auraraptor likes this.
  14. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
  15. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  16. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I think Dan @dhalperin13 is doing that on his 575 as well with a custom switch (I think that really is the way to go if one can.

TJsBeer likes this.
  17. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Yes I agree on the 575; particularly US spec cars which have a useless dummy plug.

18. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
    @Ferrari55whoa Eric, Fabio is still working on the module that connects to the repurposed exhaust switch. Hoping it all comes together !!!

19. Maxige

Maxige Karting

Jun 5, 2005
    London/Milan
    Full Name:
    Max
    Morning again chaps !

6 into 1 Headers with Cats and Double H Pipe are now provisionally sold !

I have the rear custom design silencers with opening valves kit left for sale .

Will sell for 2350 Eur/USD + shipping

It fits both 550 and 575

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I loved the car...and obviously with Fabio's setup I loved it even more ! But I'm not really a collector and in the end it become difficult for me to justify the spread in price vs let's say a "plain" 550 Maranello. Had someone who wanted it and was ready to pay a good price so decided to part with it...

-K1- likes this.
  20. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    The rear silencers / mufflers look great. Unfortunately I’m still trying to sell my Tubi and the last thing I need is more parts around the house…

21. D-bling

D-bling Karting

Jun 25, 2010
    I apologize if this has already been asked and answered. Who is doing the remapping of the ECU's? I have a 1998 550 (Rossa Barchetta) and am considering adding the racing headers and cat deletes. Already have Larini X-pipe and Tubi mufflers. Fabio redirected me to here as he was unsure who people are using. Thanks for the help.

22. ifeelfree0

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    360trev is the guy for 550/575 remapping

23. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Wait I thought only 550's could have the cat coded out? My understanding was it is not possible on the 575

24. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    550s came with and without catalysts, 575Ms never did. But a genius like Trev can flash the ECUs to work well without them.

25. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Interesting. That may be a solution for those who develop check engine lights despite the cats/2ndary air/etc