Fabspeed F430 Headers | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fabspeed F430 Headers

Discussion in '360/430' started by Fabspeed Motorsport, Oct 26, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    I LOL'd as well. You obviously haven't read many of Stef's posts.

Can't judge much more as all the postings have gone but I'm sure the truth will out! It always does. I imagine Stef thought he was 100% correct in what he was saying as he usually goes deeply into details, we can't however form any opinions without the info, can't help but think some proper info would be good for all involved - Fabspeed included as they may very unfairly be getting tarnished?

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Mike, now it makes perfect sense.

Correct, I actually haven't read any of Stef's posts prior to this thread...but I stated to Mike Seals, now it makes sense why that question was funny.

3. m3mike

m3mike Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2006
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Because Stefvan was a shill for Capristo. Anytime Fabspeed products were discussed he felt obligated to impugn their quality. Fabspeed has been a sponsor of this board for a long time and Jeff was a lot more patient with him than I would have been.

4. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    +1. His questions were only heading in one direction. If it's the truth then it should stand. If he was trying to tarnish fabspeeds name, the ban is necessary. From his insight and extremely helpful posts here, I don't see that being the case, no matter how big a capristo fan he is.

5. pmotoring

pmotoring Formula Junior

May 8, 2009
    HONG KONG
    Full Name:
    PAT PAT
    Does Fabspeed have anything to say?

I have actually purchased a set of F430 headers from them.

6. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Wow as in the whole thing. As for the deleting and banning, you guys have never had to moderate a board like this before. I have. Rob has legal responsibilities to consider. And as much as we might want to take sides, and believe me, no love lost here for Fabspeed, when enforcing the regs, you can't pick sides on popularity. I guess there's a question whether what Sfefvan posted was entirely accurate. Looks like it'll all get aired out soon. I don't see how this one's going away without. But yeah, Wow. Wow what Sfefvan posted, wow he was banned, wow it might all be true, just wow.

7. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Would it really matter? Just sayin'. You know it's T304. No surprise there. You have the dyno sheets. Their headers don't cost any more than Agency Power, lowest priced parts you can put on your 430. What's surprising, really? Given my experience with them, I'd rather they were made in Taiwan.

8. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Sfefvan may have potentially pushed the envelope but banning him & deleting all his massively valuable posts seems somewhat out of whack, if this has genuinely happened. I guess both Fabspeed and Capristo products both have their places in the world, Capristo Products are massively more expensive and so one would expect them to be of better quality or no one would buy them so maybe we are not comparing apples with apples here.

9. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Why would you weld polished headers? Wouldn't the welds be completed prior to polishing?

I dont mean to stir the pot... I genuinely need headers for my 355, and want to make a good decision. I have your straight pipes, and I think they are a fine, well fitting product.

10. CRAIGF355

CRAIGF355 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    CRAIG ANDERSON
    WOW !!!! I'm shocked about everything I just read. Reading threw all 3 pages and seeing a User banned, who I have chatted with and seem to be a good guy, is banned for posting which may be fact and not fiction. I thought we are a close nit group on Fchat who look out for one another. Anyway I'm also a fabspeed fan and even been to there car show, and was proud that these headers was being built local. It still does not change the way I fill about the headers and there price. I have even stood up for fabspeed when bashing started in the f355 form. If they are made some where else I think fabspeed should come fully clean.

11. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Agreed.

12. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    Because sfefvan is very, very pro "Capristo" and most of us that have been on this Forum for a while are well aware of this, so Jeff's question was hilarious.

13. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    #38 Mattyrae, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
    +1000, someone should make a poll? I certainly don't agree with every one of Sfefvan's opinions, but when teased about his exhaust system company bias, he always received everything well, and in good fun.

One thing I have discussed on another Forum that sometimes might get missed, is that this is an "OWNER's" Forum, not a sponsors' Forum. I understand sponsors contribute money to keep the site going, but sometimes I am not in favor of some of the adds posted in general discussion areas.

14. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Oh no. What did I miss? Stef got banned? What has this world become? Bring him back. He is an asset to the forum. Not many have and willingly share the level of technical expertise as he did.

15. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I have always thought the same about Stefvan, I even said in his headers thread it sounds like one big advertisement, Jeff seems like a great guy and has always answered my emails honestly and within a few minutes.

Must be a very competitive biz :)

16. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Aren't 60ish percent of the parts on a new Ferrari made in China?

17. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Wow! Were did you get that from may I ask?

18. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Jeff "does" seem like a great guy, but I don't care for the people for whom he works. My problems with them had nothing to do with their products, not once they were replaced a time anyway. It was all about customer service and installation for me. But Jeff does seem to care. I have zero problem with their product and would call it a great value, and backed up by dyno sheets no less. Still a lot of hurt feelings nonetheless.

This thread is not unlike a large blast crater filled with spectators and witnesses kicking around the debris.

19. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    #44 ChipG, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
    I read it in a thread about italian cars. I'll try to dig it up this weekend.

20. pmotoring

pmotoring Formula Junior

May 8, 2009
    HONG KONG
    Full Name:
    PAT PAT
    I concurred that jeff is a great guy, he does his job fantastically, but Stefvan is wonderful too. He shares a lot of his own technical knowledge at no $$$$ involved. I would consider him as a good buddy. Please bring him back.

The forum needs this kind of guy,

21. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    +1. He is a 430 wiz. Some of the information and explanations he has provided are incredible. Bring him back.

22. newbwrx

newbwrx Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    PNW
    Full Name:
    Mike
    +1

23. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    +1????? Cmon! You guys can do better than that!

Bring Stef back! I'm starting to think there's no freedom of speech on forums anymore. Sure, there's always going to be **** stirring but banning him doesn't solve a thing. It makes it all worse. Banning him just because he seemingly accused a sponsor? Cmon, what's this forum becoming.

I say bring Stef back and that's +1,000,000,000,000!!!

24. newbwrx

newbwrx Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    PNW
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #49 newbwrx, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
    You are right, I can do better. I read a lot on this forum, but rarely post. That said, I have learned an immense amount about 360's and 430's from Stef's posts.His insights are invaluable. Bring Stef back, before we lose one of the sites most knowledgeable resources.

25. pmotoring

pmotoring Formula Junior

May 8, 2009
    HONG KONG
    Full Name:
    PAT PAT
    + 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Bring our friend back. Mr. Administrator

I am sure Jeff of fabspeed will agree with us right.