Factory options on 355 | FerrariChat

Factory options on 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by jakermc, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    What were they? What did they cost? How do you find out what your car came with from the factory?

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    this site has an MSRP listing posted by users. a very few of them also posted scans of their stickers. here's a GTS:
    http://www.ferrariclub.com/msrp/stickers/99-355f1gts.gif
    but there are no others for 355s as best i can tell.

i no longer have a copy of my former 355's sticker - sorry.

ferrari offers a service to get a reproduction sticker for your car, but i think it's only for older cars - anyone know for sure?

one of the UK dealers is pretty good about having great listings of all the options for the cars - with pounds sterling pricing. you might search the way back machine at archive.org for them and go back to 1998 1999 and see if they had them listed then (or maybe there's an archive section on that dealer's site if you're luck). nope - don't remember the dealer. google your brains out :).

doody.

3. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    I have my original window sticker, but it's for a 1995 Spider.

4. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    I understand that there were NO factory options on the 95-97 355's. The options started in MY 98.

5. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    When did the F-1 tranny come about? That was a major option on 355's.

Michael where did you buy you car?

6. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    If I was to guess, I'd say the following were the only options available. I think at launch, the luggage was the only option.

Fiorano handling pack
    Schedoni luggage
    F1 transmission

In the UK we now have the Carrozeria Scaglietti scheme where you can specify special trim, paint, shields, brakes etc. Dunno if you have that in the USA, and when it was available from.

Robert.

7. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Robert,electric seats must have been an option also as my 1999 does not have them,but when you move the seats forward the electrical connections from the bulkhead are there.

8. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Just guessing off the top of my head, but 98-99 I think shields, challenge grills, and painted calipers were optional. Maybe even Tubis..? I think the painted roof on the GTS was an option as well, and I'm pretty sure I've seen carbon fiber GTS tops too. I also saw in a classified ad that there was a 3 piece wheel available. I'm not sure if it was a factory option as stated in the ad (they're often wrong..) but I have seen the same wheels on several 355's. The only others I can think of were already listed: F1, luggage, suspension.

-R

9. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    Sports seats were an option at some point.

10. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Spare tire w/jack

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Tubis and wheels are definitely aftermarket.
    but I think you guys basically nailed it:

Painted calipers
    Painted targa roof
    luggage
    electric seats
    shields
    drilled brake pedals
    challenge grille
    shields
    piping on seats
    F1 trans
    sport seats
    spare tire w/ jack

Edit: Fiorano Handling pack I believe only came with the Fiorano cars, of which only 104 were made worldwide. They also came with carbon fiber interior, which I don't think at this point was available as an interior option (whereas you now can have it from the factory on, say, your 575)

12. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I dont think drilled pedals were an option- do you mean discs?

I'm pretty sure that the Fiorano pack was a cost option in the UK. But then we didn't get the Fiorano special edition with the carbon fibre etc.

Robert.

13. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Might that be for heated seats?

Dave,
    Does your '99 have switchable ABS?

Robert.

14. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Robert my car is quoted as having the Fiorano pack,any idea what there is on this option as quite frankly I do not see any difference between my car and any other.

15. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    It might well be(heated seats),as far as I am aware the ABS is permanantly on.

16. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    There are no heated seats on 355 or 360. I think the power seats were always standard as the seats have to move forward to raise or lower the top on the spider.

17. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    My car is a GTS,I just think the cables are there as a standard fit but obviously the seats are not.

18. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    What about the battery charger? Is that a dealer installed option as opposed to facotry installed?

19. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    yeah, yeah - drilled discs. And battery charger, I forgot that one.

20. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Carbon fiber interior trims peices was a rare, but available factory installed option in 1999. I saw one recently at Ferrari of Seattle on a 99 F1 GTS. Pretty cool. I believe Tino (the general manager) said they only had a very few customers order it.

21. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Dave,

Fiorano pack =
    uprated suspension ECU and geometry
    uprated brakes (drilled discs and painted calipers?)
    quicker steering rack

The net result as I understand it is a more focused car when pressing on.

355fiorano who posts on the UK section has a 355 with fiorano pack, so I'm sure he can fill you in on the details. There have been other posts on this in the uk section recently.

there is also a US (and maybe continental european) last of the line 'serie Fiorano' which had carbon-fibre trim and a plaque, and probably the above upgrades.

Robert.

22. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Thanks Robert I saw the other info on the UK site but I just saw the info for the series Fiorano,the documentation I have with the car(but not original order sheet) says it has a Fiorano handling pack but as I said I cannot figure out what this may entail,the one thing I can say for sure is the disc are NOT drilled,the calipers are painted(in black)and I have nothing else to compare it to.Very few 355s round my way,in other info you have will be appreciated.
    P.s. Is it Tubi time soon?

Have PMd 355Fiorano

23. 98TDFSpider

98TDFSpider Rookie

Dec 29, 2003
    I have the window sticker for my '98 Spider. The only extra cost option is a $300 blue dash. What is blue is not only the dash but the steering wheel, top part of the doors, and carpets. Also listed with the optional dash is a specification of what tires it came with, although there was no extra charge. The front are P Zero Directionalie (sp?) and the rear P Zero Assimetrico (sp?).