Failed dash lights | FerrariChat

Failed dash lights

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by uzz32soarer, Dec 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    Hi guys. My dash lights have stopped working. Also the green P button near the gearstick does not illuminate either. Door ashtrays and all other lights seem to work.

I have pulled every fuse out in the main fuse box looking for the culprit but everything appears to be fine. Are there any other hidden fuses or am I overlooking something silly.

From what I'm aware of there is no dimming function that I may have inadvertantly mucked around with??

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    The knob in the tach is the dimmer for the TR instrument lights.

The ashtray lights and the dash lights get +12V power from the same position in the "x" connector via the same fuse #13 (so, since your ashtray lights work, the fuse is OK), but there is another connector on the way to the dash lights (at the steering column I think).

3. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    Thanks Steve. I've had her for more than a year now, but never having driven at night untill Christmas eve, I've never needed the dimmer.

Sure, enough, dimmer was fully turned by the wife as she reset the odometer last fuel fill. Good thing 2008 is coming. 2007 I'm sure I lost my marbles.

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Good -- a problem affecting just the dash lights wouldn't be easy to investigate/fix.

5. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Pretty good deal. She drives it she buys the fuel? Not bad Robert!

Best wishes in 2008.

CC