Fake "For Sale" Listing | FerrariChat

Fake "For Sale" Listing

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Bob in Makiki, May 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I happened to Google the VIN for my 2003 360 Spider -- which I know is safely in our garage downstairs here in Honolulu -- and was surprised to see that it is listed as currently for sale in Cicero, New York (complete with an actual picture of my car). What really disappointed me, however, was the asking price for the car: $31,000. Come on, fellas, if you are going to fake list my car, at least give it a decent asking price. Talk about adding insult to injury!

Anyway, if you have not done so, you might Google your VIN, just for fun. If you find your car is unexpectedly for sale, I hope that they at least have put a fair price on it for you!

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    SOP for scum bags trying to get deposits on a car then they disappear. You’re right though, make the price a bit more normal and they’d likely succeed easier lol.

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Does the $31,000 include shipping back to the mainland? :D

Bob in Makiki likes this.
  4. GH13

GH13 Karting

Apr 26, 2019
    $31,000 and available for pickup in NY?

Mr. Bob, please provide me with your bank account info so that I can wire you the funds. I am the finance minister, so you can be sure that I will transmit the funds directly to you.

Bob in Makiki likes this.