News

Fake tool kits. Beware.

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by PAUL BABER, Nov 14, 2019.

1. ryanbushell

ryanbushell Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    Having been recently made aware of this thread due to the above bringatrailer.com listing, I would like to show my support for the OP in bringing this situation to light. I also stand with the community, and categorically deplore this nefarious behavior. Furthermore I made the same auction house aware as the OP back in December via email, of another spurious tool kit that had been auctioned.

On a more positive note it does now however seem apparent that the Italian vendor has ceased such activity.

375+ likes this.
  2. 375+

375+ F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed Rossa Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    #77 375+, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Are you the consignor of the 250 kit now on BAT? If so best of luck with the sale.

ryanbushell likes this.
  3. ryanbushell

ryanbushell Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    Yes, the BAT listing is mine. I would like to make a disclaimer that I am not trying to promote that listing here.

You can see my listing differs greatly to the fake kits that have been circulating. There are over 100 photos (exhaustive I know, but essential for showing originality), demonstrating close ups of stampings on the Oil Filter Wrench, Spark Plug Wrench, 500g hammer, lengths of screwdrivers, as well as close ups of the pebbled/grained vinyl tool roll.

4. 375+

375+ F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed Rossa Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    15.000 for some tools?
    we still have 1st of april?

6. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    We can only hope that the U.K. miscreant has learned his lesson also... if you know what I mean !

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat