Fall Drive #2. Sun. 11/13/05 | FerrariChat

Fall Drive #2. Sun. 11/13/05

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Oct 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    This Second Drive is one that we have done a few times before. It is "Chuck's Drive". Taking the old, 2-Lane Country Roads along the Historic "Illinois River Canal Roads". From Joliet,passing through some really neat little old Towns,out to Starved Rock in Utica,IL.

Check in the FChat Archives for this Drive. LOTS and LOTS of "Twisties". And,most of the drive is Posted 55MPH. Open Country Roads most of the way,with lots of Scenery.

Alot of great old History behind these Old Roads,and Starved Rock,but I'll save the Stories for the Drive....:)

We will meet up at Yorktown Shopping Center Parking Lot,Lombard,IL. In the S.W. Corner of the Lot,by Highland Av. and Butterfield Rd.(RT.56) (By the 'Buca Dibeppo" Restaraunt.) Not too early,say,11:00AM. And "Roll off" by 11:30AM. We'll take I-355 to I-55 South to Joliet. Then,we begin our Historic Journey along the Old River Trails....:)

Once we get to Starved Rock. We will park and have Lunch in either of their 2 Restaraunts. Get some great Photo's of the Illinois River Valley. We are perched up high above the whole Tree Canopy,and the View is awesome! You can see for 10-20 Miles. Nice overlook of the Illinois River. Not to mention the "Dell-like" Rock Formations along the River. And,it's very common to see Eagles flying around.

Once we leave,we drive through the Old town of Utica,IL.,which,a couple years back,was hit by one of the Worst Tornadoes to come into our area in a long time.

Then,we get on I-80 and head back to I-55,then,you can access any Road to get back home. I-290,I-355,I-88,etc. This would be a great time to fill up,or top off any "old "gas in your tank. Maybe pop in a Bottle of some really good Fuel Injector Cleaner,and Blow out all of the Old Gas and Carbons,and all of that other junk in the Engine. Charge up the Battery really Good. And,totally Lubricate everything before you start thinking about,(sniff :() Putting her away for the Season.

Again,this Drive is open to all from FOC,FCA,FChat whatever. Just come along and have a nice,long,perhaps the last of the Season,Drive.

2. ascari_2

ascari_2 Karting

Oct 9, 2005
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Yuri
    Weather permitting I am definitly up for this. I am in Naperville so it would be very easy for me to meet up with you guys. As long as you don't mind a Supra trying to chase down some Fcars you can count me in.

Yuri

3. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Ok count me in as well Frank. Last drive before the SNOW, boo hoo! Ok what winter projects do we all have on our cars?

4. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    Possible for drive #2 I can't make #1

5. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    I'm in.....

6. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #6 Michael B, Oct 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is a great event.

I should be able to see ya at Starved Rock like last year. I planned on doing a few things to the Mondial T, so I may bring the '61 Benz. We will see how it pans out. Watch for me either way!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    We should still have quite alot of great Coloring by next Sunday. It should be alot of Fun. This Drive is a Blast! If you've never done this one,you GOTTA Try it! And,if you have,then,you already KNOW what I'm talking about...:) Hopefully the Weather will cooperate.

BTW....I have meeting time at 11:00AM. Roll off at 11:30AM At the Yorktown Shopping Mall in Lombard. Is everyone good with that time? Or would you prefer starting a little earlier? Let me know here,and if you think you will be coming along. I Will post our Drivers list,and details later in the Week.

Rain Date is the Following Sunday the 20th.

8. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    I should be able to go...

9. ascari_2

ascari_2 Karting

Oct 9, 2005
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Yuri
    I say meeting time 10 and roll off by 10:30 as the sun is down these days by about 4pm.

10. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    will you guys ever pass through the towns of hinsdale, la grange, downers grove, clarendon hills? any of those? if so could u tell me when and what time approx.

11. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    Yuri's right, we should meet at about 10am and giddy up at 10:30.
    It is a long drive and it gets dark early.

12. ascari_2

ascari_2 Karting

Oct 9, 2005
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Yuri
    I don't know the exact route, but since yorktown is the meeting place and i55 is how everyone's getting down there, my guess is it will be lombard, downers, darien, bolingbrook, and on from there.

13. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    I'm hoping to make it. I have a friend who might come too. I also would favor an earlier roll-off.

14. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005

yorktown shopping center?

15. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Hey slezak, how 'bout you fill out your profile so we know who we're talking to?

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. Great! I actually wanted to meet up earlier. But,thought that it being a Sunday,everyone would like to sleep in a bit. So great! Meet up at 10:00AM. Roll Off at 10:30AM. Try to eat a good Breakfast,as,it will be awhile before we get out to Staved Rock and can eat. (I've been bringing along some apples on the longer Drives.) I will post our Count on Friday.

Hopefully the Weather will be nice and we can eat outside on the Beautiful Patio that overlooks the Illinois River and the whole Valley.

Yorktown Shopping Center itself is in the South end of Lombard. At the NorthEast Corner of Highland Av. and 22nd.St./Butterfield Rd. (IL.RT.56.)

BUT....we will be Meeting at the SouthWest Corner of the Parking Lot of the Shopping Center,by the 'Buca DiBeppo' Restaraunt. Closest to the Actual Intersection of Butterfield and Highland. Then we just hop on Westbound Butterfield Rd. to I-355 South to I-55 South to RT.6.

17. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    i know exactly where that is. i would really like to come and take pictures but i am still in school. do you think you can make one on the weekend?

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    We are doing the Drive this Sunday.

19. ascari_2

ascari_2 Karting

Oct 9, 2005
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Yuri
    Frank, I will give you a call to let you know if I'll meet you guys at Yorktown or somewhere along 53 and i55.

20. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    That benz doesn't happen to be from Rockford,il does it?

21. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    oh this sunday, my bad i thought it was on thursday for some reason! hey thursday, thats my brithday! yay! ill be the 14 year old taking pictures! hahaha

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    14? Hey,Happy Birthday. My Daughter is 14. Sometimes I Wish that I was 14 again. But,knowing all that I know now....:) Yeah,you can come out and take Pictures of our Cars. I'll even let you sit in mine and get a picture.

23. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005

Haha, I just cant wait till 16....! That would be awesome if i could sit in your car! Much apprechiated too.

24. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Hey if I show up I'll give you a short ride in the parking lot, if you don't mind being in my toy.

25. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    thatd be great!