Fall Spotters thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fall Spotters thread

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I think the Aileron is gorgeous, especially in Spyder guise. I saw the C8 in New York a few years ago and, to be honest, I was a little dissapointed. I can't really explain why, but I thought it looked a little soft! The Aileron on the other hand looks much tighter and more aggressive.

I feel the same way about the Zonda S. I was never a fan of the car, despite every motoring journalist (including the guys on Top Gear) raving about it. I love the Zonda F though, simply because of the slight tweaks they made to the design such as the mirrors and the rear wing. It's the same story with the Aileron - the sharper headlights make such a difference. It's all in the details.

Mark, let's see some pictures!

2. Vboy19

Vboy19 Karting

Aug 10, 2005
    Saw a Scud in Rossa dino or the orangish color with the tri-color stripe. sounded amazing.

3. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    A black Maserati Gran Turismo, east bound on 75th street by College Ave. in Naperville around 4:30pm.

4. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    #29 absent, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    But they are beautiful!

6. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams
    Look at that interior!! Let me see. What adjectives come to mind? Crass, ostentatious, tacky, overdone, pretentious....I really think the driver needs the Rolex with the double row of diamonds and perhaps a couple pinky rings if he wants to be in character. A rolling billboard of bad taste. No amount of driving performance could get me to sit in something like that. (Just my 2 cents)

7. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    WHAT!? *Knife through the heart* I love every single thing about that car. :)

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #33 tifosi12, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
    Got very close though: Remember when Ferrari provided the engines for the Spyker F1 team (now Force India)? There were rumors/hopes that Spyker's next road car would be powered by a Ferrari plant as well. That would have been sweet.

Daryl might call it ostentatious, but to me scissor doors always win the day.

Yes, it is not the understated elegance of a Ferrari, but it is a lot more exciting than a Maser or a California.

According to Murphy's law I must have caused the sudden drought in exotics downtown: Finally I ditched my Pentax and replaced it with a fast Nikon Coolpix, quick enough to catch a passing Lambo. Of course, now that I have that camera with me all the time, the cars are gone. It never fails.

9. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams
    To each his own. That's why they make lots of "different" stuff. :)

10. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Right... it's your fault... if you had gotten a Canon G10, per my recommendation, there would be no drought!

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    By "no Ferrari" I meant performance.
    It had a coventional 5 speed Automatic and relatively modest 400hp from the 4.2 V8 (Audi).
    After the Scud,it felt sluggish and not very responsive,lazy throttle,slow gear change.
    It is made for short drivers ,since I had the top of the windshield directly in front of my eyes and was forced to duck to see the traffic lights and traffic ahead of me.
    Btw,they are going to bring the Peking next year with Cadillac CTS-V engine.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Saturday evening: Red 599 southbound on LSD.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Today: Silver 360 Berlinetta on the Mag mile going South while a red Porsche GT went North. I bet the Porsche was Gene.

14. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    Hey guys,
    I'm in Chicago right now for about 2 months doing my rotations, I decided today to go out and walk around my new neighbourhood to see what was around here. Well let me just say, I live about a 2 minute walk from Lamborghini Gold Coast and there's a Veyron right now in the Bentley dearler right beside it.

I don't know if its a regular around here, but it's the first time I've seen a Veyron, I've also seen many cars around here over the last 3 days of living here!

Regardless, today's spots,
    599 x 2
    360 stradale
    maser gt coupe
    viper srt 10
    and all the beautiful machinery in Lambo of GC and Bentley

Oh and yesterday I saw (again for the first time) the SLR Roadster in the Benz dealer near the Dave and Busters in downtown, amazing!

15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    #40 amenasce, Sep 27, 2009
  16. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I like the Spyker.

17. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Andreas,

It was me and I waived at you. What a great day for a ride. Beside the Mag mile, lower Wacker was part of my normal rounds.

Gene.

18. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Nothings more fun that the Lower Wacker Whip and the Mag Mile Celebrity Cruise. perfect way to end a drive for me usually before I head north up LSD to go home.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Cool. I saw the driver waiving and figured it was you, but I couldn't tell from looking in. A very discreet vehicle. :)

20. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Saturday night there was a black Scuderia at LaSalle and Erie.

21. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    #46 Carsleuth, Sep 28, 2009
  22. -EZtrader-

-EZtrader- Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    guilty as charged

23. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Not sure how all of you define exotics, and I would probably agree that Astons don't count, but they're more rare than Gallardos or 360/430 variants, and certainly more rare than 3x8s.

Disclaimer: Yes, I have a Vantage

BTW, I think that Spyker is just butt ugly; the interior is a masterwork of pretension. YMMV.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I see them at least on a weekly basis and Ferraris maybe on a monthly basis (not counting the busy summer season).

Also: The name of this website might give you an idea to why we rather report spottings of 3x8 than a DB...

25. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    True enough, but the question I posed was what constitutes an exotic. And I know, it's been beaten to death. Don't really expect an answer.