Fantastic Guitar Player on Google!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fantastic Guitar Player on Google!!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by JSinNOLA, Dec 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    As John Mellencamp said, "Forget about all that macho **** and learn how to play guitar!"

That first guy was awesome!

2. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
  3. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    That guy's officially my hero. I've long had a slight obsession with video game music, and I can even play a few of those pieces on guitar, but that guy was incredible. I need to start a band with him.

4. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I watched the chinese girl playing the Paganini 24th Capriccio before and that is the only gifted person posted on this thread. I learned to play it when I was 14 years old but on the electric guitar. The Steve Vai piece I learned a long time ago when the album came out. I think I'll make a video of myself and post it.

XR4Tim, the guys sweep picking is really easy, nothing hard about it.

5. sailor2

sailor2 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    well you can talk to him on his myspace http://myspace.com/videogamepianist

6. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    It comes a lot more naturally for some than others. I've practiced it for a couple of years now, and usually can't sweep for crap. Some people that I've spoken with have been able to do clean sweep arpeggios since day one, but that seems to be the exception to the norm.

7. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I know what your talking about, at 15 I could play all of Yngwie Malmsteen songs and solos just like the albums. I never did practice at all, no scales, nothing, but I can play anything that I want. I pick all of my notes, I don't like to call my sweep picking as that because I alternate pick every note even at doing fast arpeggios, of course I do sweep picking but only if really needed.

8. MOUNTAINWOLF

MOUNTAINWOLF Karting

Nov 3, 2005
    Would like to see your video if you post it. Learned to play @ 14 & playing all the Malmsteen solo's @ 15 ? You learn fast. Who are your influnces ? What do you think of Vai, Bettencort, Paul Gilbert ?

sorry, just re-read your post... you learned the 24th caprice @ 14, gotcha.

9. MrScarface

MrScarface Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 8, 2005
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I want to see Tesa play Malmsteen

10. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I started to play at 7 years old and came across Malmsteen way before he did his first solo album "Rising Force" and by that time I knew his solos with Alcatrazz, so when his first solo album transcription came out I learned the whole album very quickly and didn't know anyone in person that could play like me (I know that I sound very arrogant but I'm very humble so please don't be confuse about me) besides the guys from the Shrapnel Records label of course. Shrapnel Records was coming out with new players that were very gifted and scary but Malmsteen started everything about this way of playing. Paul Gilbert is fast and great, Steve Vai is the most complete player, he knows everything and can play anything, he is a great sound engineer and has a doctors degree in music. The greatest down was when Jason Becker was diagnosed with ALS, his abilities are beyond anyone that I have ever listened to, he was only 17 when he released his solo showcase "Perpetaul Burn", buy this album and you'll see why David Lee Roth hired him to replace Vai when he left. By the way Malmsteen is a Ferrari maniac/owner and not to long ago he bought a 250GTO.

11. MOUNTAINWOLF

MOUNTAINWOLF Karting

Nov 3, 2005
    Jason Becker was awesome. I thought the stuff he did with Friedman in Cacaphony was great. Shrapnel did have some great players, Tony Macalpine, Vinnie Moore, etc, alot of those guys were very proficient players. What bands were you with Tesa ? Do you have any recorded stuff out there ?

12. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Regarding the original video in the thread, that's actually a ukelele and the artist is Jake Shimabukuro: http://www.jakeshimabukuro.com/

I saw him live at Wolftrap this past June in what was without a doubt the best evening of music I've ever experienced. Jake opened for a jazz trio comprised of Bela Fleck on banjo, Stanley Clarke on bass, and Jean-Luc Ponty on the violin. I was thinking I'd suffer through the ukelele guy for 30-40 minutes before the real show started, but I couldn't have been more wrong about that... I was literally stunned when he started playing. I thought there's no way anything could be better than this... but then the Trio came out and changed all that. Definitely worth a listen if you can find some of their stuff.

-R

13. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    As a matter of fact faith didn't come my way as my demos were stolen and some other tapes were broken. I was one of those kids that guitar playing came so natural that I never did any practice, and at the time didn't really see far out in the future and thought that there was all the time in the world to put some music out, little did I know that in the early 90s guitar playing was going downhill to hell with suck music with no solos. Time went by too fast and just 2 months ago as I was getting up to speed with my chops and creating music I developed tendonitis. Last tuesday I got some injections on my wrists and I'm feeling good, after 2 months of no playing I played today for one hour and I felt as agile as ever!

I met Tony Macalpine and Vinnie Moore great guys but Tony was just easier to talk to and Malsteen is a nice guy after all. I also met other famous players from the misterious Flamenco world, the real Flamenco like Paco de Lucia etc, not the comercial rumba crap you hear in the U.S. I have been around musicians all my life and will record my own stuff as I have a studio, I will be moving next month and I will have to put the studio together again so that will keep me away for the moment, so as for now I'll record myself playing lets say "Far Beyond the Sun"???

14. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
  15. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Great stuff!

16. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
  17. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
  18. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Shake-a Khan?

19. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Yeah, but Buckethead's pretty cool, too.

20. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    This is probably one of my favorite videos. Finnish metal guitarists Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala (both from Children of Bodom), playing Antonio Vivaldi's "Summer" Presto from the Four Seasons. I'm a guitar player and I've been looking for a tab for this for a loooong time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMc3SPeFLqg

21. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Or, touch her, and you'll end up in the can.

22. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    That's pretty cool. If you watch the video enough, you can probably transcribe it on your own. The right tone helps a lot for pieces like that.

And on a related note, have you noticed that all the guitar tab sites have shut down? They received letters from the National Music Publisher Association, etal., telling them to cease and desist.

23. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Tragic fortune that of Jason Becker as he started to show symptoms of A.L.S. at just 19 years of age. Here he plays part of Paganini caprice #5 and unlike Steve Vai he really plays it like it is, not perfect, but trust me is hard to play. The tone or sound isn't that good, but this little clip of him at 16 or early 17 years of age shows some of his awsome talent. This recording was for fun and he wasn't trying to be his best. He recorded David Lee Roth "A little ain't enough" and didn't go on tour as his left leg was very weak and his left hand would at times fall of the neck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jK978921Yw&search=jason%20becker