Fantastic Guitar Player on Google!!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Fantastic Guitar Player on Google!!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by JSinNOLA, Dec 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    All 3 videos are awesome to watch! Thanks for posting them. Theirs something about them when you watch and you forget about everything else, but then back to reality...

2. bointc

bointc Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2006
    Jersey City, NJ
    Full Name:
    Anthony
  3. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
  4. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
  5. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Awesome!
    BT

6. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003

???

anyways "we're not gonna take it" and "i wanna rock" are 2 of the funniest videos ever made. Music is not bad either. As to guitar, i did take lessons years ago but never was never into it enough to dedicate the time required.

7. MOUNTAINWOLF

MOUNTAINWOLF Karting

Nov 3, 2005
    Racer X was a mostly instrumental metal group in the 80's , featuring guitarists Paul Gilbert & Bruce Bouliet (sp?)... Gilbert is awesome.

8. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay

They had some instrumental stuff, but it was mostly the other way around. The vocals were there as an excuse for exposure I would say. Bruce Bouillet came in the band as he was invited by Paul Gilbert who was teaching him some stuff at the time. Paul Gilbert was a GIT guitar instructor at only 17 years old.

9. MOUNTAINWOLF

MOUNTAINWOLF Karting

Nov 3, 2005
    Correct. I was in SoCal at the time & saw them perform live. Their live show was alot of instrumental riff swaps, pretty cool stuff.

10. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
  11. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    mmm... Alizée. Except now she's not so hot anymore.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    I ended up getting a tab for it. Turns out I shouldn't have looked up Vivaldi stuff, but "Passage to the Reaper" as that's what the video/DVD lesson was called. :rollseyes:

Yeah, a lot of tab sites are going down. So lame. Lots of people don't take lessons or have the ear/patience to figure it out themselves. Just another way for labels and crap to make more money off people.

Racer-X...rule. Paul Gilbert is an incredible guitarist and a very down to earth person. By far one of the most level-headed guitarist out there.

13. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay

Sea Bass I have lots of difficult to find tabs, including Vivaldi.

14. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Cool! I'll keep that in mind!

15. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Whatever became of Bruce B?

16. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Man. I have no idea. I don't follow Racer X too much, as far as what happens to whom. But Paul is the only one I've really paid attention to.

17. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    He did some stuff on his own and last thing I know of he recorded with Paul Gilbert is "The flying dog", I didn't keep up with Bouillet updates. The only thing in there that was cool is the all guitar instrumental "Gilberto Concerto", its like an electric guitar baroque quartet.

18. MOUNTAINWOLF

MOUNTAINWOLF Karting

Nov 3, 2005
    A couple of years after Racer X, Bruce formed a band called The Scream with John Corabi (later w/ Motley Crue, now with Ratt), The Scream had one hit called " Man in the Moon" , after that, not sure what happened to Bruce B. ps. This is all off the top of my head & my memory is fading, so , correct me if I'm wrong.