FAQ: Shopping for a used 360 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FAQ: Shopping for a used 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by Camdon53, Mar 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sellnit

Sellnit Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    James
    I love that color, and love the 6 speed as well!

Todd Laing likes this.
  2. eyboro

eyboro Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2004
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Eitan
    I own a 97 355 Spider; I've owned it since Jan 2001 when 360 were trading at $200000 - $250000, way over my budget. Now I can guarantee you I didn't spend $100000+ for maintenance since I bought my car I didn't even spend half of that. If I was on the market today I would skip the 360 and buy the 430 much better car and I bet much better on your pocket book when it comes to maintenance, ask your mechanic he will tell you the same.

3. eyboro

eyboro Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2004
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Eitan
    Sorry, didn't realize you bought a car already, congratulation.

4. compvett

compvett Karting

Jun 28, 2010
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bill G
    Wish I had found this website and post before I bought my 01 360 Spider. I bought was what I thought was a US spec car and it turned out to be a Euro. Your article would have saved me a headache!! Now I know for the next one!

5. j0sh26

j0sh26 Rookie

Oct 3, 2010
    Philippines
    Full Name:
    Josh
    hi everyone, new here. i just want to know all the difference between a us spec & euro spec 360 modena/spider. thanks.

josh

6. hype96

hype96 Rookie

Jul 25, 2010
    Great write up on buying a 360.

Can any 1 direct me to a great write up on buying an f430?
    Thanks in advance.

7. Fernando1

Fernando1 Karting

Feb 9, 2008
    Great wrie-up. well done.

Just a personal observation being a 3 pedal 360 guy--for those derbating if they should buy a 6 spped or the F1, there is nothing better than controlling your own "blips" when downshilfting vs. having a computer chip making the decision....the 6 speed is much more rewarding.

8. Modenathebeautiful

Jun 17, 2007
    When I was looking for my 360, I quickly found that I only wanted the power Daytona seats -- reason?: the non-power seats and the racing seats were not adjustable up and down. I'm not tall, so adjustment to the seat height was a big thing for comfort and visibility.

I also preferred the non-Challenge rear panel for aesthetic reasons -- I like the look of a solid color. And I have heard recently that the Challenge grill brings other problems -- the updrafted soot from the exhaust pipes, which normally accumulates on the solid rear panel, goes right through the Challenge grill and deposits on the engine.

I also wanted the original Ferrari radio. The others that people stuck in always looked glitzy to me.

And the original rims did not complement the amazing Pininfarina design of the rest of the 360 -- the modular rims are the ones to get.

9. Gngrbred

Gngrbred Rookie

Mar 10, 2011
    Waterloo Ontario
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I am new to this forum. I am curious your thoughts on a car I am looking at. 2004 360 spider FI with 14 K miles. Asking price 110 000. Belt service just completed, 60% clutch remaining and clean carfax. What are your thoughts? Any comments are appreciated.

10. concours

concours Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Palos Verdes, Ca
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Responding to "gingrbred", $110k for a 2004 F1 seems $10k too high, at least in So Cal.

11. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
    my car is a 1999 and has the A on 8 caracter number of the VIN ,som y car is one of the one that have some problems,please let me now thanks

12. dahecht

dahecht Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Thanks for taking the time to share all this info, very helpful

13. Sk8ah

Sk8ah Rookie

May 14, 2011
    Very helpful thread. Thanks to other members for responding with their stories. Would love a link to similar thread on 430?

14. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    thanks for the post I am looking hard for a car now upgrading from a mondial t 3.4 to the 360 coupe. Looks like I have a few people on this thread I may be competing with.

15. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks for the info. I'll be in the market for a 360 coupe next summer. The 99-01 coupes have come into my comfort zone in price. What specific problems do these years have? Do sun roof equipped cars have water leak issues. I live in FL and it can/will see rain.

16. bgmix

bgmix Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 1, 2009
    AZ|NYC|FL
    Full Name:
    Bob Giammarco
    #91 bgmix, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My car has a sunroof and I have never had a problem. Despite being in Arizona, I have seen and driven in the rain numerous times...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

JRE likes this.
  17. mikster

mikster Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    LA
    Full Name:
    SLOMO
    Looking to buy a 360 in the next 90 days has anyone ever purchased from this dealership?
    Is there a huge drive difference re 360 VS 430 I know speed but what about general driving experience.
    I have been reading that 99-2001 had many issues that really never got resolved.
    Any 360 Gurus can U help me in this future purchase

18. dougny

dougny Karting

Sep 17, 2005
    NY / LA
    Great thread. I think I am finally looking to jump in on a 360 spider F1 in TDF Blue with Daytona seats, if anyone knows a good clean one, PM me.

Craig Farmer likes this.
  19. e3enigma

e3enigma Karting

Jul 30, 2011
    Thousand Oaks
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looking to see if anyone has any history or knowledge of the car.

20. michael brown

michael brown Rookie

Aug 18, 2011
    Great thread, and have to agree with it all, especially the advice on paying the extra premium from a Ferrari dealer. I have just bought my first Ferrari from a main dealer here in England, given the back up and reassurance that was offered to me it made the private options actually more expensive. The hardwork was already done ie checking provenance service history, a full mot and service by Ferrari I could not have asked nor expected more. This is by far the greatest car I have ever owned, it is simply magnificent. regards Mike Brown

21. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    I must say this board for me and I have owned several high end(that's $$$$) cars seems to keep telling folks NOT to finance their car; really??? So almost everyone that owns a Ferrari or on this board stroked a check for $60-$150K or so for used or more when they bought it new...wow, not what I hear from my cousin who is in the bank business and does strictly auto loans;or my friend who is a GM of a BMW store her in Atlanta,and so Ferarri Financing hardly has any business, really? I just checked with USAA and I can get a 4.25% loan for 74 months on a 1999 car!!!. Now that is cheap money. For me, I want to hold onto my cash; I will pay the finance charge at that rate anytime rather than letting go of my cash. Remember folks, if g-d forbid things got really bad in this economy they can come get the car but you "aint" getting your original cash outlay back b/c then you are forced to sell it anyway at a huge and desperate loss no doubt...just my .02 as a business owner of a small $2mil/year business that I bought 14 years ago doing $250K/year; I think I have some idea how to mange and grow money...now, a $35K+- car is a different story if you have that cash but not these 6 figures to me, maybe I am wrong, dog

JRE likes this.
  22. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    #97 dogdoc97, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
    I have heard this now 3 times from 3 differnt techs at 3 differnt shops including the same issue on a 550 I just had PPI'd; while they ALL say highly unusual it is happening and James Patterson of Norwood's in Houston told me they just did a Lambo overhaul for the same problem! Dog

23. Camdon53

Camdon53 Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Financing a rapidly depreciating asset (like a Ferrari) is always possible and some people (like yourself) simply regard retention of the liquidity worth the additional cost of doing so. The important thing is simply to realize the cost of the asset is always higher that way and to be certain the considerable extra cost is really worth (to you at least) the liquidity it buys.

24. Njja

Njja Karting

Oct 16, 2011
    kennesaw
    Full Name:
    JOHN ADIVARI
    Nice thread, lots of interesting information. I just purchased my first Ferrari a dream of mine for years. I bought a beautiful 01 360 F! Spider from my local dealer Ferrari of Atlanta. I have visited their location for several years and always found them very nice and helpful. I felt comfortable buying from a dealer, they are doing a complete service including belts and car should be ready this week.

It was nice to develop a relationship as I plan to one day add a 430 Spider, but the 360 was my first choice recalling the first time I saw one at a local car show.

I have just joined the Forum, and look forward to meeting everyone, and I am still in shock
    knowing that in a few days I will finally be behind the wheel of a Ferrari!

25. Jdriver

Jdriver Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Joe
    If anyone is still looking I have an 04 360 F1 for sale. Rossi red/ black, challenge grilles, 3 piece modular wheels, shields, 9,000 miles, all services recent services, new tires, Ipod. I'm awaiting my new 458 and would prefer to sell rather than trade to dealer. Asking $105. I'm located in Boston area.

JRE likes this.