Fatal accident | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fatal accident

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Fan512bbi, Jun 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TcpSec

TcpSec Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2004
    LA, USA
    Full Name:
    Zeno S Paradox
    Glad you are ok, given the situation. It is time to concentrate on recovery as it will have a positive effect on your locomotion in the long run. Our best wishes are with you and your wife.

2. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Dom

3. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Glad you're OK and best wishes for your wife.. This really makes you think doesn't it..

4. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Stephen,

Thanks for sharing with us and letting us know that you're on the road to recovery. This is terrible and I can only attempt to understand what you're going through. First Dan's 456 accident and now this. We are all a relatively small community here and it's good to 'talk' with your friends. We'll all pull for yours and your wife's rapid recovery and please keep us in touch with how things are going with you.

Best wishes from across the pond.

Mark

5. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Stephen

sorry to hear of your terrible aciddent,hope you and your wife make a full speedy recovery,
    All the best

cheers
    Dale.

6. pozzi

pozzi Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 28, 2004
    Brasil
    Full Name:
    Fabio Pozzi
    Stephen,

THE BEST recovery for you and your wife... keep us updated..

Best Regards...

7. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Stephen

What horrible news. I'm so very glad that you and your wife are on the road to recovery. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Wax is right about artificial hips. If it must be done you can be thankful that the technology is truly amazing these days.

Whart is right about seeking some therapy. Wether you feel you need it or not it is often more beneficial than you might think.

Best

8. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    As a cop I saw a lot of this **** too. I am more the glad to hear you are both going to be ok... (Well, more or less ok.) I would not concirn myself for the other guy and I for one am glad he died rather than killing you!!!! too many times I have seen it go the other way.

Good luck to you my brother!!!

9. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    I know it is probably the toughest thing in the world to do, but try as much as you can to avoid your mind being clouded by what ifs and buts. Concentrate on your wife and your family. Your wife needs you right now and your family needs you to recooperate too. It was in know way your fault. You have to stay strong and get as much as physical and mental rest as you can to recooperate and to help your wife get through this. Stay away from clouding your mind with questions and avoid getting down.

Right now everyone has loads of advice but only you know what you are going through. Our prayers and thoughts are with you. My father once told me "Adversity does not build character, it reveals it". Stay strong.

10. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    best wishes to you and your wife. drunk drivers have taken several folks that were close to me. i wish the both of you a speedy recovery, please keep us posted on how the two of you are doing.
    best wishes, michael.

11. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Thanks for taking the time to share this tragic news with us. Maybe part of the "Why's" are so that in some way you can be the messenger of this terrible mistake so that others will think before repeating it and also to remind us of how precious life really is. Gracie! Get well soon.

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Had a feeling this would come up, but didn't wish to broach the subject just yet.

Replace "Why?" with "Why not me?"

By this, I mean a lesser mortal would not be able to handle this as well as you.

13. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    :(

Sorry to hear about the accident; all the best wishes for a speedy recovery!

14. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Stephen, I pray for both you and your wife's complete recovery, as well as the family of the driver. A single mistake can take so much.

15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  16. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Sorry to hear about your accident, but you have much to be thankful for.

Best wishes and speedy recovery to you and your wife.

17. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Thanks again to all of you it means so much to us both, my wife (Collette) really appreciated the thoughts from you guys when i told her last night, the doctors have told us that they may be able to use pins instead of replacing the hip we will know more on monday, we both understand what a lot of you are saying but in a strange way it is the mental pain that is the worse, painkillers help with the phisycal but not the mental, Collette made a strange comment last night about visiting the wife and daughters of the other driver, will it help us? have any of you guys been in a similar situation, will she blame me for being the driver that killed her husband? anyway as a lot of you have said i really thank god that we are still here even though i am not a religious person, the upside is if there is a upside i told Collette that i should buy a Ferrari sooner rather than later because who knows how long we have here, and you know what she agreed, she actually laughed for the first time when i said that she must have had a harder knock to her head than we knew. thanks all from both of us.

18. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hi Stephen,
    it's a tough call about whether you should visit the family of the other driver.I would suggest you ask the police to ask the family if they wish to see you first. If they agree and it helps you got over this tragedy, then do it.
    In the meantime, my continued best wishes to you .
    Regards.

19. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Stephen and Collette - thank goodness you are both alive and there for each other! Now more than ever you will need to be good communicators and listeners for each other as you mend physically and mentally. Have a speedy recovery!

As far as seeing the other family goes, I don't know that I'd recommend it just yet. The widow is going through her grief stages and even though I'm sure she knows her late husband was 3x the legal limit and sealed his own fate, there may still be a lot of mis-directed anger right about now. Having a grief-stricken widow lash out at you is probably not something that you would be prepared to handle at this time. It might be a therapeutic thing to do in the future, but my sense is that the situation is still raw. just my .02

Good luck and God bless you.

don't drink and drive, fellas - not even a little

20. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

You could maybe send a note of condolence that might open the door for communicating in future at her desired time(I'm not sure that you haven't already). That would be really "big" on your part considering him being 3X.

Many victims would be harboring a lot of anger. That shows a lot of character on your part :)

21. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Stephen,

I have never been in a situation like yours. So, I'm not speaking from experience. I do think your thoughts of meeting with his family has merit. Looking at it from their perspective, I would suspect they have feelings of guilt about putting you and your wife through this. Just knowing that you don't hold them responsible and your accepting would probably help in their healing process. I do agree with some other posters that it might have to wait for a period of time. Also, there might be some grief counselors at the hospital that could give you their opinion. They have a great deal of experience dealing with these issues.

I'm so happy you guys are improving & congrats in advance for the Fcar purchase!

22. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Thanks for the advice guys, i phoned the police station which responded to the accident and spoke to a officer who attended at the scene he has since spoken to the wife of the other driver whos name is Karen, she said at the moment she could not emmotionaly deal with meeting me, but she also said that she does not blame me in anyway and hoped that both of us recover soon, this has made both of us feel a lot better mentaly, but in a way knowing the name of the wife also makes it harder because now there is a name and not just the wife of the driver, anyway i will let you know how things develop.

23. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Stephen,

Glad to hear that you are alive. Terribly sad to hear about the accident. May your wife benefit a speedy recovery (hoping for pins).

I too would have reservations about meeting the other family for some time.

--Dan

24. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Sorry to hear about your terrible accident. Glad to hear you and your wife are recovering. Our family will pray for your speedy recovery,
    Norm

25. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. I hope you and your wife pull though this. Ther is so much I want to say but I am not sure where to begin. I guess this is all I can say right now.