Fathers Day Show | FerrariChat

Fathers Day Show

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by turbomangt, Jun 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbomangt

turbomangt Karting

May 20, 2004
    Roselle IL
    Full Name:
    Gary Kouba
    I would like to extent an invitation to the club. The Chicago Corvette Club and Perfect Auto Finish are sponsoring a car show on Fathers Day JUne 20th, from 9 am -3 pm in St Charles at the Charlston Mall. Proceeds will go to benefit the Juvenville Diabetes Research Foundation. This is a worthy cause, and it would be great to see some Ferrari's at this event. Gary p.s. this is an award show.

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hmmmm.....That sounds pretty good. I'll have to get back to you about that. I'm still also a "'Vette Guy". Owned 7 in the past 20 years. But,for the first time in that 20 years,I am "Vette-less" Just Sold mine last Month. (Which Corvette Club is hosting? Northern Rays? Windy City? I never heard of the Chicago Corvette Club,I don't think....?)

So,I only have the 308 now.

There is also always a real cool car show at the Oakbrook Shopping Center,(2 minutes from my house) on Fathers Day,that usually has some very Rare,Old cars. We're talking Auburns,Cords,Old Rolls Royces,etc....But,last year there was a 308 and one of those BMW attempts at a 308 copy.(M1. Nonetheless a cool car.) So,will have to see. Thanks for the Heads Up,though! :)

3. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Well, I have type 1 diabetes (also known as Juvenile Diabetes) so I guess I should show.

How many of my friends will attend, to help fund research for a cure?

I'm counting on you !!!

Let's see if we can get a good group of FCA and FOC members out there to support this cause; I'll be grateful to all who attend.

Skip

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Definitely a worthy cause but probably a hard sell with the Indy GP going on at the same time. Easier for Vette guys to attend.

5. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Skip,

I already have a lot of respect for you but even more so now. Diabetes has taken an awful bite into my family so I know the terrible daily burdens and extra little fights it makes one deal with on a daily basis. I will go to the show if my Father's Day obligations are not too great, ( usually its just a brunch somewhere if Dad is tired of golf for the day.) Would show up in the Hummer, clean it all up for the show, and then if told it wasn't an exotic claim how fast it is in the mud compared to a ZO6. My father has this disease, and owns the 575 again. Maybe he would like to show. Either way I respect and support you both. I will try to be there.

RocketBoy

6. turbomangt

turbomangt Karting

May 20, 2004
    Roselle IL
    Full Name:
    Gary Kouba
    Make sure you come and introduce yourself I'll be working one of the booths. Gary

7. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    I think this would be a fun show to go to. Is the F1 race on radio or does someone have a mobile dish to bring????????????

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I would really like to go...Maybe Frankie and I can cruise out there for a short while,early. But,I still want to go to the Car Show at the Oakbrook Shopping Center on Fathers Day. LOTS of Very Cool,VERY Rare,Some Old,some newer,Very Unusual Cars to be seen. And,it's only a couple minutes from my house.

Then,I have to be home. Traditionally,I like to BBQ Ribs for myself and my Family on Fathers Day. (I am the Cook in the House) I LOVE Ribs,and am quite good at BBQ-ing them. Got a great Recipe. But,one of the things with making great Ribs....LOW Heat...LONG and SLOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!! A Labor of Love....(Barry White Music in the background....:) ) Low,and Slow Cooking....... :)

Plus,gotta watch the Race.

9. turbomangt

turbomangt Karting

May 20, 2004
    Roselle IL
    Full Name:
    Gary Kouba
    Here are a few things about micro fiber. First, they won't scratch your finish at all. Micro fiber is the softest and most absorbant fabric made. The only way it will scratch is if you rub it around on a dirty finish. Again, I have offered to mail to anyone interested a technical date sheet on them. All micro fiber are NOT created equal. The best quality is coming form Korea, the cheapest from China. I have experimented from over 100 suppliers before I picked the quality best suited to represent Perfect Auto Finish. Many of the ones going around the mid west fall apart after a few dozen washings, I have tested mine for over 500 washings, still look new. Looking forward to seeing some of you on Fathers day. Gary

10. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I will be free for Father's day and piloting a Fcar. Are any of the Fchatters going to one particular car show? Or is there one place people will be to meet and watch the US GP together?

RocketBoy

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sorry....will be at home with my kids. Watching the Race,and slow cooking some fabulous BBQ Ribs.....:)

12. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Frank-

What time should all of us be at your house for the ribs? :)

13. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    When you are done with the grill, make sure you rub off all the excess gristle, fat, lard with Micro-fiber! Nothing beats Micro-Fiber! My vote will not go to Bush or Kerry... Micro-Fiber all the way!!!

RocketBoy

14. turbomangt

turbomangt Karting

May 20, 2004
    Roselle IL
    Full Name:
    Gary Kouba
    You guys are killing me, maybe I deserve it. I tend to get passionate about things I believe in. Still hope a few of you come out to the show on Dads day.

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Skip,I would most definitely like to make up some Ribs for you guys sometime. Hey,I was born on the West Side,(the Best Side) of Chicago. What can I say?

I have followed the Masters...Charlie Robinson at Robinsons,Butch from New Jersey,Famous Dave,Arizona BBQ Co.,Tex-Az BBQ,Desperado's BBQ and Rib Co.,Texas Bros. BBQ,Tom Ferguson at Giovanni's in Berwyn,Alice Cooper's "Cooperstown" also has some EXCELLENT BBQ. Just to name a few. I've been doing Ribs for over 20 years. Everyone always tells me that I should open up a Restaraunt. But,I know several people that DO own Restaraunts,and I'm not into 16+ hour days,7 days a week. Maybe if I was a tad younger....

Rocketboy,you're Brutal,Man! :) But,you really do need something good to get all of the sauce off of your mouth and fingers after eating some good Ribs,thats for sure....:) Those teeny little "Moist Towelettes" that they give you just don't cut it. I often find myself needing to use the Washroom,ANYWAY,to get all of that Sauce off of my fingers...Can Micro Fiber do the trick? (Just kidding,Gary. :) )

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Update: The Ribs have now been Marinating since Noon. I will start cooking them around Noon tomm. Sorry,guys. Just the Wife and Kids this time... It's about the only time they are all quiet at the same time...while eating Big Daddy's BBQ....(Thats me,BTW....)

Looks like it's going to be a Fantastic Race Tomorrow,too. Next year,I'm going there FOR SURE....

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sunday Update: I went over to the Car Show at the Oakbrook Mall. As usual,LOTS of very Rare machines. You really need to make a point to check out this Fathers Day Show sometime. I'm talking RARE Pieces. This year,only 1 Ferrari. A Red 1990 Testarossa. But,lots of other really unbelievable old cars. A MUST See!

(My Ribs have now been Marinating for over 24 hours. I've got my secret recipe of assorted Woodchips soaking,and am wathching the Race. When the race is over,the Ribs go on the Grill...LOW Heat,for at least 3 hours- maybe more....:) )

18. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Made a quick stop at the St. Charles show in the 928. Didn't have time for anything more than a quick walk around (was heading into Geneva to clean my Mom's gutters...) Got a few chuckles from a pair of Vette owners who saw the 6' ladder I was carrying in the Porsche. Hey, a Vette can haul *ss, my car can haul *ss while carrying stuff too! :)

Didn't see any Ferraris, Lambos, Panteras, or P-cars in the lot as of 11 :(

Also didn't get a chance to say hi to Gary (you looked pretty busy at the booth while I was there).

Hope everyone enjoyed the day, whether at one of the shows, or just out and about!

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Had a really nice Fathers Day with my Kiddies. (The Ribs were Incredible!!! :) )

20. turbomangt

turbomangt Karting

May 20, 2004
    Roselle IL
    Full Name:
    Gary Kouba
    Dave, I wish you would of come by, never too busy to greet someone. Around noon a F-50 and a Enzo were trailed in. (kidding) that would of been a treat. Did you get a chance to see that international tracter custom. ? This was out of left field. I will post a pic of it soon. It was a brand new tracter minus the 54 foot trailer. The kind that haul over the road goods. He put a custom flat bed in the back, knocked out the dividing wall that is usually a sleeper unit, and made it into a living room. He told me he had $200,000 into it and still counting. Gets 4.5 miles to the gallon. It can eat a big hummer for breakfast. Lots of vettes as you noticed. I took second place today. Gary

21. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Wish I could have made it to the show; I know I said I'd be there.

My Doc told me to lay low til' I go into the hospital. He didn't want the 'ticker' giving out before it's time!

22. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Sorry I wasn't there.

I know I said I'd make it, but the Doc told me to lay low. :(

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Skip. Seriously,Man. You gonna be O.K.????

24. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Don't know Frank.

Had tests done yesterday, and it's not looking good.

I do appreciate your concern and, without trying to be maudlin, it's looking to me like my days may be numbered.

25. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,Please....keep us posted! I'm not the only one here who has kind of,"Grown attached " to you the past couple years,now...:):):)