Favorite Brewery Thread. | FerrariChat

Favorite Brewery Thread.

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by mpurcy, Jul 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mpurcy

mpurcy Karting

Jan 29, 2013
    Oceanside Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What is yours?

2. Rocket machine

Nov 28, 2007
    Vancouver B.C.
    Full Name:
    Aldo
    Home of Red Racer!

3. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I don't know that it would be my favorite out of all the beers I like, but I just visited Bissell Brothers Brewery in Portland, ME last weekend and thought it was excellent. Bought the two styles they had for sale that day and tried several others on tap. Well worth the trip if anyone is in the area.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Weihenstephaner, founded in 1040 and in continuous use since then. Outstanding Weiss Bier especially the Kristall Weissbier.

5. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Guinness. 1759.

6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Probably Lakefront Brewery in WI.

7. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Way too many these days to pick an absolute favorite but one of my top ten is Stone Brewing from San Diego. Then again I'm a huge hop-head and West Coast IPA is probably my favorite style beer. Stone Ruination is probably one of my favorite beers. Great stuff.

8. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    BONEYARD in Bend Oregon, makers of Hop Venom, RPM, and others.
    RUSSIAN RIVER, brewer of Pliny the Elder use to be my favorite, but they've pulled out of Washington so screw em!

9. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I use to live in a condo just a couple of doors down from Lake Front. Great brewery with a really fun tour. During law school, we must have done the tour 5 times a year. After one particularly drunken tour, one of the owners accompanied about 8 of us back to my condo with a keg in tow. Damn we consumed a lot that day.

Mark

10. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's an awesome memory to have.

Didn't you and jen also have your rehearsal dinner there or something like that?

It's the only brewery I've been to that on a tour basically had almost no limit on how much you consumer during the tour. I was so ****faced before the fish fry. Ended up sitting with a local family parents, grandparents and grandson and granddaughter about 3 or 4. Grandpa kept giving the grandkids sips of beer and the parents were like, well this is probably strange for you.

I smiled really big and said we must be related because that's exactly how I grew up. The rest of the night was a blast.

11. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    It was a fun day; I'll never forget the owner showing up at my door with a keg on a hand truck yelling "hey lets drink!" We invited him over but didn't think he'd really show up. Sure enough, he showed up about 10 minutes after we got back to my place. I'll also never forget him hammered drunk having full conversations with himself on my balcony.

The unlimited beer during the tour ended sometime after that, but that day....damn. The owner who did our tour gave everyone free run of the taps. He told us to make ourselves at home and pour ourselves as much as we want. Everyone was stumbling drunk before the tour started.

Your tour sounds hilarious as well. Great story as well.

We had our wedding reception there...another day I don't totally remember. Lol.

Mark