Favorite Fast Food Meal? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Favorite Fast Food Meal?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by venusone, Jun 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I like In and Out, but Fatburger is better in my opinion.

2. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Shake shack, naf naf

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    In & Out was fun when they weren't so numerous. Wife and I used to hit one every time we traveled to Cali. Now there's a dozen or so in DFW. Meh. The place that surprises me is Five Guys. I watched this documentary on TV about all they went through in the selection and preparation of their potatoes and fries, respectively. I dragged the wife to one when they finally opened up one near us. Disappointing...T

ralfabco likes this.
  4. raines

raines Karting

May 7, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Hold on, No one has mentioned Bojangles?
    The best chicken, sweet tea, and Bo-berry biscuits!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Five guys is great, the fries are good and you get a ton of them, but the burgers are just burgers, lots of hype like in and out. It’s all about how you dress them up.

6. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I haven't tried Five Guys, they have them in Vancouver. But I usually go out for a nice meal when in Vancouver. Not worth the 45 minute drive to try fast food. I also want to try PF Chang's. But the closest are in Seattle and not worth the extra two hour drive to or from Eastern Washington State to try them.

7. drake123

drake123 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2012
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Drake
    Culver's and In and Out when we're in the states that have them.
    Otherwise Mickey's Bacon chicken ranch salad with french dressing, fruit parfait and coffee.

8. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    How *is* the cart biz?

With suggestions that Members made *and* were implemented, what worked & what didn't?

"The pheasants are beneath me." - SoCal to az
    "I have very few pet peeves in life . . . " - PeterS
    "Change is inedible" - fc2

10. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    That hot dog looks good..... In Vancouver there is a hot dog vendor on a street corner that is awesome called Japadog.

here is their menu: http://www.japadog.com/menu_En.html

powerpig likes this.
  11. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That looks glorious.

powerpig likes this.
  12. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The cart business exceeded our expectations! Last year, we were booked for the whole year by the end of May! We slowed down a bit this year, but are still booked solid. I had to turn down four bookings this morning. All of our 41 reviews on Facebook are five star. It's been fun, but we're going to retire at the end of October. You can check us out on Facebook @bamawilddogs.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  13. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Subway turkey with lettuce, mustard and pickles OR two original Chick Fil A sandwiches with a dash of ketchup OR two regular McDonald's hamburgers.

14. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Another project in the works?

15. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #65 ralfabco, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    In no particular order.

Chic-Fil-A
    In-N-Out
    Whataburger
    At times - White Castle if I am in the area. After I finish a few I don't understand the hype.
    Del Taco. I like it. Unfortunately, we have no stores around here.
    NYC Pizza - N.Y., N.Y. (the real stuff).

Other considerations.

Taco Bell - you are starving and broke. Taco Bell has raised prices considerably and reduced the size of the portions. Today, the bean burrito is just over the diameter of a quarter and it costs in or around $1.25 (ish). I remember huge bean burritos for .69 cents (not long ago).

Jack in the Box - the fresh .99 cent Tacos. Those are so good when the tacos just came out of fresh grease. The best Jack in the Box Tacos belong in the group listed above ^^.

(not fast food) Mexican food along the Texas / Mexican border. What took me so long to figure this out. Delicious.

failure

Five Guys - did not work out with me.

KFC. Check what I wrote in the KFC thread. { Never again }

(ever watch people prepare your food). They wipe their face, rub their nose and handle your food. I no longer accept it. I have seen people play with their teeth and grab a cup and promptly insert the fingers inside. Watch them. Find another server !

16. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I'm itching to try Popeyes Chicken. They just opened one next door to the Safeway I shop at. So next trip, I'll finally try them.

In Vancouver there is a restaurant chain that opened in 1928. The restaurants are all over the place. They have a secret sauce on their burgers that's very tasty. A few years ago they started a fast food chain called Triple O's. The name for their secret sauce. The burgers there are very tasty. My town has two locations, they are that popular.

17. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Chic fil a for me by a longshot.

Other ones I need every once in awhile include in and out, stake and shake, taco bell, a and w, chipotle, five guys, and more but those are the top ones when traveling.

18. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Tom this one makes me smile! Spicy chicken deluxe craving is a real thing. I remember the day you have not tried it. I don't think I've responded to this but I laughed. Glad I can help :)

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Haha. Spicy chicken with an extra packet of Texas Pete hot sauce for the win!
    T

20. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    There's a Del Taco down the street a bit. The owner keeps it spotless. Gordon Ramsay would find nothing wrong with it. The food is decent for FF faire. I've only been there a few times because there's a family owned Mexican restaurant near it that serves much better food. There's a Subway nearby that is almost as clean. I judge restaurants by cleanliness first. If the place is a dump, I nope right out; no second chances.

I haven't eaten at Taco bell in 10+ years. The food was bad then, and I can't imagine how bad it is now. KFC is bad in every imaginable way. Soggy food fried in old oil? Always. There's a Popeye's Chicken down the pike a bit, and they have decent chicken. I don't eat fried stuff anymore, but they had decent chicken but horrible sides.

21. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Also try a dipping sauce next time. I get Buffalo now and drip some on the sandwich!

22. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

tomc likes this.
  23. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I tried Popeyes. The chicken was good. The sides sucked. Horrible onion rings. I'll stick with Panda Express when shopping at Safeway.

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I tried the salsa (I think that's what it was). Didn't like it. Are any of their dipping sauces not overly sweet?
    T

25. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    Popeye's chicken (the spicy version) is - personally - leaps and bounds better than any other fast food chicken, especially when it's cooked fresh. However you are correct in that the sides are disappointing, but their biscuits are fantastic.

Also, Five Guys is THE, most over-rated, over-hyped, over-priced fast food burger restaurant ever created. I will NEVER understand the loyal following they harbor; nothing they offer is any better than other fast food burgers or food of that ilk.

arizonaitalian likes this.