Favorite Wine Thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Favorite Wine Thread

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by Jdubbya, May 31, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #27 arizonaitalian, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Oh the stories I'd tell...

Although, in fairness, not as interesting as the Premier Cru stories...

Which weren't as bad as the experience with Wine Connection...

So glad I don't collect wine anymore. I came so close to losing a lot of money on many occasions. In the end, because I was relentless about getting what I had bought and/or was owed, I was only burned once by a BK of a vendor. It was the overly-ambitious first attempt by Vinfolio. Lost $10k or so on that one iirc. But I had many times that at risk on several occasions with the about mentioned firms. Loads of stress and learned alot about the lengths people will go to to steal from others, but luckily didn't lose much in the end.

2. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I bought that wine EP. Have opened a couple over the past few years. Still hoping it evolves some softer and more nuanced secondary and tertiary flavors (as it seems we are with all of the post RP-influenced Bordeaux). Its a vintage and wine that won't approach its peak until age 20 imo. Regardless, I agree, it (was) a good value for high quality Bordeaux.

3. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    I'm not a big alcohol guy, but love Roederer Estate l’Hermitage Brut.

I enjoy cristal too, but feel like a ****** even saying that. Purchased a bottle earlier for a party tonight.

4. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    In my Thanksgiving wine thread I recommended the Roederer L'Ermitage as an American alternative to Champagne for our most American holiday. For budget Cali sparklers, the Taittinger Dom. Carneros is hard to beat.