FC Police | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FC Police

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Napolis, Apr 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
  2. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Yep. Inferiority complex to the Nth degree. Very sad indeed. No disrespect, but that dude needs some help/counselling.

3. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Which explains an awfull lot!

4. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Very fun read!

Ebrigham, I think your image should be dubbed the Waynemobile!

Art S. 7919

5. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    The same guy we are talking about steve 275 is on the Australian section trying to start a 328 registry where he is known as steve328.

6. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    I thought it was very appropriate. BTW - I grabbed this pic off the internet - it isn't mine. Don't want the F-police calling me out! Maybe it actually belongs to someone on this board...

Someone with a bit more PS skills than I could alter the writing on the side of the door to hilarious effect I think...

7. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    I wonder if this guy could be another idenitity of Matt Lemus

8. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  9. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Amazing........and sad.

FC Police kick A$$ again.

10. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I am pretty sure this person has also posed as the son of a collector on Pistonheads. Over the course of a few months, he informed us of his father's death, his sister's car accident, his mother's battles with various diseases, etc. All set against a jetsetting background spanning several continents. Among the stunning collection was supposedly a McLaren.

Noone at McLaren had heard of him or his family. I have that in writing. None of the companies he claims to own are to be found online. Physical addresses supplied by him proved to be nonexistent. A few other car references didn't check out.

All his posts to Pistonheads originated from the same IP address. All the posts purported to be from the father, mother, or sister also originated from the same IP address, even though they supposedly lived elsewhere. Even when they were supposed to be living it up in Monaco or NYC or Texas. His "friends" who backed him up, all posted from the same IP address as him!

Every time he got challenged about some claim he made, he got more and more indignant and set up meetings with people at various locations where he promised to deliver "proof"... of course he never showed. The excuses got increasingly pathetic, and he kept tripping over his own lies with conflicting statements.

In private emails to me, he claimed to have inherited (and subsequently sold) the McLaren F1 with a chassis number that is known to belong to someone else. On Pistonheads, this individual went by the last name Dokic.

Sad? Sick? Both.

11. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Haha, I don't believe it
    Been duped again by the 'dokic' family
    First PH now Fchat.. it i'l be lambochat next :D

12. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    I wish I would have known about this "deal" Steve was talking about. I would have brought up the fact that I have the exact same pictures he put up of that 275 in his post. He wasn't lying about the pics being "old" Those pics he put up are from 2002!

13. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    We have been down this road before and it is truly sad. Like Matt, this guy needs a shrink in the worst possible way. Actually, this guy makes Matt look quite well-balanced. Pathetic - has my pity.

14. atheyg

atheyg Guest

I am sure their are a lot more fakes here we don't know about, I was getting nervous until the links to the threads showed up on who it was, I thought they found out my 328 was a Fiero Kit.

j/k

15. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    thanks for the giggle on a Friday.

16. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben

17. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Okay guys, it's time for me to part with a family heirloom. As many of you know, Carroll Shelby had a heart transplant in June, 1990. He received the heart of a 38 yr. old gambler; but does anyone know what happened to his original heart? This is the heart he had when he won LeMans, built the Cobra and kicked Enzo Ferrari's behind. It's worth thousands, millions maybe, to the right collector,and I have it. How, you ask? My cousin, the prominent heart surgeon Dr. J. Dahmer, performed the operation and bequeathed it to me in his will. Rather than do something gauche like putting it on E-Bay I will offer it to my F-Chat buddies. Bids will be taken for 24 hours only.

If this auction is successful, I will consider parting with another family heirloom, the preserved corpse of famed racer/schoolteacher Nno Vaccarella. Wait--Wayne says Nno is still alive? He's wrong! The man seen in Sicily is not Vaccarella, but a later Sanction II model. Trust me.

18. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I have a very sad story to share. After a long and arduous search, I discovered a Zonda being offered for sale by a collector in Japan. Detailed examination of the log books showed that it was perfect. The owner said that the only problem was that it ran on four cylinders and there was a slight blemish near where the manufacturer's name decal is stuck on. I also received a close-up picture of one body panel that showed the installation of a suspicious-looking rain gutter. No big deal, I thought, it probably needs new plugs and I could simply remove the decal if it was too unsightly. And it does rain in Japan.

After extensive negotiation we agreed upon a price which was reasonable for me. I also received verbal assurances that all Lamorossa-style gutters would be removed from the vehicle before shipment. So, against my solicitor's advice and my own good judgement, I sent him the funds and asked him to go ahead and ship my dream machine to me. I was thinking with my heart, not my head.

After a month of anticipation, the ship finally arrived. I went to the shipyard, too excited to think, and flung open the doors of the shipping container. It looked a little odd and saloon-like, but I threw caution to the wind and rushed in and removed the straps, ropes, and tarp covering my beauty. Imagine my consternation at discovering it wasn't a Zonda after all, but a Honda!

The repercussions have been staggering. I would like to thank all the law enforcement agencies involved in the subsequent investigation launched at my insistence. But I can't. Their brave work shall remain secret, except for the following details that I am now allowed to divulge. Twenty seven people have been arrested for their parts in this nefarious plot. Interpol is hot on the trail of an Italian coffeeshop where the deal went down. A bistro has had its hours of business posted outside. Three beggars have moved on from platform 4 of Rome's central train station. Fourteen sparrows were also seen taking flight.

After a month of solitude and quiet meditation, I have reconciled myself to driving the Honda and making rrrr, rrrr, rrrrr noises to emulate the eight missing cylinders. I am also looking for a chrome Z in the font used by Honda in their logos.

I have learnt my lesson and decided to replace my heart so that I can never let my heart override my brain again. I considered switching my solicitor, but he did give me good advice. Switching my brain is still a possibility, but I will take baby steps this time. I won't bore you with my sorry story anymore. It is indeed fortuitous that there is a heart for sale at the exact moment in my life that I have decided to get rid of mine. Heart seller, check your PM.

19. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    LOL too funny...

Cant we just trace ISP things...(lack of a better word) to find out who people are...

-jt

20. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    ok i'm going to confess before getting caught...i don't have a 348.
    I have a 348ts..

Here's a good place to trace ip addresses
    www.maxmind.com
    then click on "demo"

21. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    COOL!

thanks!

and by the way...why did you have to lie to us?? ugh....such shame

-jt

22. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    i'm so embarrased!
    whaaaaaaaaaaaa!

LOL hahahaa

Hey jt - 49 more posts and you'll be a "formula junior".
    You'll be much more credible then. :)

23. fivebob

fivebob Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    Tauranga,New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Callum
    If you know the region (or try all four) then the following websites will give detailed info. I use these all the time to try and track hackers trying to get into our systems. Only the dumb one get caught though as it's easy to find an open proxy somewhere on the net.

Asia Pacific
    http://www.apnic.net/apnic-bin/whois.pl

Latin America
    http://lacnic.net/en/index.html

Europe
    http://www.ripe.net/db/whois/whois.html

North America
    http://www.arin.net/whois/index.html

24. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    I'm here almost every night and I still don't get it.

25. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Now that we're into True Confessions, I better fess up also. The truth is I don't have a Mondial. The car shown in my profile is really a 275 Photoshopped to look like a Mondial. I just wanted to fit in. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me ?