FC weight loss/life change/fitness challenge thread. | Page 38 | FerrariChat

FC weight loss/life change/fitness challenge thread.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by darth550, Jan 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Agreed.

I had never heard of dual factor until you said it, so I had to google some info on it.

2. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    It is the 5x5 advanced from madcow. No point in doing it until you are are at your limits and are looking to add every ounce of muscle possible (think adding 10-20lbs on your maxs PER YEAR). Intermediate is fine for 95+% of people.

3. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Sheesh. That's great.

GT

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  5. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    After a wedding reception and a pizza party I did 2KM in the pool today.

Yes!!

6. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I weighed myself Thursday or Friday morning and was 162.

Yesterday I ate 3 cinnamon rolls, half a pint of ice cream, a hamburger patty, 2 chicken drum sticks, green beans, nachos and a ****load of beer and weighed myself before bed and weighed 160lbs. How the ****? :D

7. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Try it again tomorrow... LOL :D

8. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I could row 100KM in a week, eat one tortilla chip and gain a pound, go figure? LOL

9. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #934 PureEuroM3, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Thats how i feel right now. Breakfast included a protein bar (150 cal) and a pint of blueberries (229 cal) and i feel bloated. Had some good workouts today may be a rest day.

10. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Tamas - The below is from Shape Magazine (not a scientific journal, of course), but it does absolutely sync with my experience. When I get enough sleep, my body responds nicely. When I'm sleep deprived, it's a total f^&*ing mess in terms of weight loss/maintenance. Sadly, I average about 4-5 hours per night these days.

11. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Daniel,

Thanks for the article it was quite entertaining. This week I've overslept as I work across the street, don't even need to drive, so I wake up around 8am.

This week was just me trying to get fairly active and it will take a couple of days for my body to catch up. Monday was about 1 hour on the treadmill, Tuesday was about 1 hour on an elliptical, and today I managed another hour on the treadmill.

First big meal this holiday season I'll probably be able to eat half and feel so full! It was a good week. Now let's hope I can do this more often.

The one thing that helps working in the Canadian market is my food is expense. So if I don't use it I lose it. For this reason I bought things I wouldn't always have at home. My food this week included Pomegranate juice, Pomegranate seeds (a cup of those things costs like 6 dollars), blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, sunflower seeds, lots of water (I'm talking like 3-4L a Day), and more.

Tomorrow...bring on the whisky and cigars :D

12. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Logging in here in order to make myself accountable. Plus, this is a great reference for the future.

Current weight: 249 lbs. At 6'2", that puts my BMI at 32.

Been traveling a ton for work, and eating in restaurants way too much.

Hit the gym a lot when I'm at home, but I need to do more on the road.

Looking forward to checking back in.

13. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Don't ever be concerned about BMI, it's crap. :)

Good luck!

14. ktr6

ktr6 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I am in for 2017, 5'9" at roughly 190 and want to get to 168 with low body fat. Been working out, just need to change the diet.

15. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Yup.

Not sure I've posted here, but I'm 5'6", 196 lbs. Been weight training over 30 years (I'm currently 48 years old), and I'm a former competitive bodybuilder and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / Judo practitioner.

Up until this summer, I was around 186 lbs., the additional 10 or so pounds are from getting back to serious weight training, a 2-day on, one-off, 3-day on, one-off cycle. I'm nowhere near as ripped as I was when younger, but I'm definitely not far off from contest shape. I was blessed with good genetics, although I can't GAIN weight for the life of me. It's been a goal for me to be over 200 lbs, but it's really hard to get there.

I'm squatting like a fiend - at my age, the knees can't support the weight my muscles can, so it's reps reps reps (a la Tom Platz). My legs were always my weakest point anyway, so any significant gains will need to be there.

16. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My legs are the same, bastards just won't grow. I am noticing improvement though doing a heavy day and light day. What I've figured out is I don't care if they won't grow, I just want them to at least look like I work them out.

17. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Yup, it's a pain in the ass. I have definition in my quads, but not size...frustrating. My calves are pretty big though, so there's an imbalance which I hate. Meanwhile, my brother has tree trunks, pisses me off!! :)

Keep working!!

18. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This hasn't been updated in a while and summer's approaching quick.

I hit a new low of 158.8lbs last night, down from 165. Normally I weigh myself in the morning, but forgot yesterday so I was really surprised to see it that low at the end of the day.

19. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I started commuting to the office by bicycle.
    It's 8 miles trail riding in the morning and 5-6 miles mixed trail and streets on the way home. I'm clocking 50+ miles a week. It's been three weeks and I'm starting to get a lot faster.

Lost 10 lbs and blood pressure already in the 120's from 140's.

I'm 6'1" and used to weigh 160. Been 185 for almost a year. Already down to 175. 10 more pounds to go.

Pics of my new commute, with the old commute overhead:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Still sticking to it?

I've been on a pretty solid cardio kick for about a month or so. I do at least 30 minutes 4-5 times a week on the stairclimber. Weights up a little from the 10 I had lost, mostly due to not restricting my diet and instead enjoying life but also sitting in class the last month but that's almost over.

I got the biggest compliment a few weeks ago from an absolute knock-out gorgeous woman in her late 40s or early 50s leaving the gym. She told me I did a great job on the stairclimber because I had outlasted her. Sadly she was married, but a compliment from a beautiful woman with an amazing body always gives you an extra pep in your step. :)

21. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    No excuses man!

I'm on this kick for life. It feels too good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It's easier to study while drinking a beer. :)

23. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Reviving a dead thread - interesting when I last posted, I was 196. I’m now up to 208lbs, which I’m thrilled about.

At my height (5’6”), 220lbs is unrealistic. I do think 215lbs is possible though. I’ve made some mild changes to my diet and my training regimen, it seems to be working.

I’m 50, and I’m not walking around at 10% (or less) body fat that I did when I competed. I’m probably around 15-18% body fat, which I’m fine with. I’m cut, not ripped, but bulky, which I like. My legs are much more muscular, but still not huge. My arms, however, look as good as they ever have.

I have a fast metabolism, so weight gain is tremendously difficult for me. If I can get to 215lbs, I’ll be ecstatic, but not going to be easy!!

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  24. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    Good work.. yeah 50/50 muscle/fat gains are hard, esp as we get older.. Figure with strict diet and routine it'll take ~4 months to up the scale.

I started a new routine this yr to bulk clean with little fat to make cutting easier... Damn it's been tough.. struggle with eating 3k calories a day..
    6'4" 265lb @ 20-22% bf. If I can get down to 18% I'd be very happy..
    What I don't like is that I can cut down the body fat with more cardio but it kills my lifting gains... What's that old Chestnut... Takes weight to lift weight..

rdefabri likes this.
  25. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm down 20lbs. 165 --> 145. I'm 5'10" (or used to be lol) and a small frame so it's not as low as it may sound. Ultimately I believe most of it is from doing regular cardio sessions consistently the last half of the year and my metabolism eventually got a boost. But it's also from lots of stress and anxiety. I may try to get back to 150, but we'll see. I thought I liked being at 160-165, but now I know I just felt uncomfortable.