FCA 09 Nationals - PICTURES | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FCA 09 Nationals - PICTURES

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Mar 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    #76 Bryanp, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Imola82

Imola82 Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Stu

My folks have some pictures of me at about age 5 or 6 from RA at their house. I will scan in to the computer & post the one of me with several Countach's. Those were NEW CARS at the time the photo was taken. Will post Sunday from my folks house.

3. Imola82

Imola82 Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Stu
    #78 Imola82, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I'm coming up from the Dallas Texas area with my 348tb. Any hotel recommendations? Thanks

5. 67alloy

67alloy Karting

Jun 11, 2007
    All of the Inns and Resorts on this page will be in the immediate area (walking distance) of where you want to be for the festivities!

http://www.elkhartlake.com/lodging/

6. FluidPrawn

FluidPrawn Rookie

Jul 11, 2008
    Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Do you have to be an FCA member to attend this? I just want to come hang out and drool at the cars. I would assume there is a fee to enter the grounds but I can live with that.

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The cars will be on display at the Concorse on the grounds of the Osthoff resort. No fee for attending that one.

8. 67alloy

67alloy Karting

Jun 11, 2007
    The general public be able to spectate at the track. Though FCA has rented the track; Road America still controls the gate. At this time they have not determined whether they will charge the public to view the races. Many times during club events like this it is only a waiver that must be signed.

9. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    There will be a charge of about $35/head/per day at the track for individuals that are not FCA members and or without F-1 or F-2 tickets.

Dave

10. FluidPrawn

FluidPrawn Rookie

Jul 11, 2008
    Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Thanks for the responses. I'll for sure be making the trip up!

11. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The whole month of July will be amazing at Road America. The BRIC featured marque is FORD, as in FORD GT. Im sure
    a few Cobra's and alot of Ferrari's will also show up.

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs

12. TwinOne

TwinOne Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    Mizar V
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Well, waited to long to book a room...outside the Osthoff, where are you staying?

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Elkhart Lake is pretty small, so I would recommend Sheboygan, which is about 20 minutes away from Road America (or 30 from the Osthoff). Many options in Sheboygan, but if you like to live in style, I would recommend the Blue Harbor. Ideally with a room with lake view. Also nifty are the rooms for families (nevermind) with an aquarium. And bring your pool gear. Karen and I go to the Blue Harbor at least once a year and love it. In the evening you can dine across the river in one of the restaurants (the British pub is great).

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I just booked hotel for July 28th to August 2nd.

Cant wait !

15. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Ditto :)

16. Imola82

Imola82 Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Stu
    31st through the 2nd at the Osthoff for us. My wife (who's expecting our first child), my folks and me. Can't wait!!!

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think we never met, so please fetch me during the concorso.

18. Imola82

Imola82 Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Stu
    I'm missing the concours and I'm not happy about it. We arrive on Friday and I will certaintly find you. The drinks will be flowing at Siebkens I'm sure. Not much going on Friday, will Saturday be eventfull at RA?

P.S. I'll be the one with the grin from ear to ear all weekend drooling over the Ferraris.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Friday we'll be at the rally. Expect me at the Tiki bar in the late afternoon :). Saturday is the action day at RA.

20. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Anyone for an F-chat get together for the weekend? I'll be there Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

21. Imola82

Imola82 Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Stu
    The Blum's will be very easy to find posted up at Siebken's after dinner Friday & Saturday night.

22. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    My brother and I are planning on attending the meet. Its a hell of a long drive, about 850 miles from Atlanta, but we are going to do it. We are going to be showing and promoting our newest product the Prova Plates www.ProvaPlates.com , made specifically for concours, track usage and car shows. I cannot wait to meet you all!! :)

23. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Miriam and I are attending with our QV. We get in on Tuesday the 28th then leave on Monday Aug. 3; staying at Osthoff. Anyone have a spouse that wants to get away from the Ferrari stuff? Miriam figures that she can only do so much before she needs something else to do.

Jeff

24. birddog

birddog Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Ed
    My wife and twin 10-year-old daughters will be there from Wednesday until Sunday. At best I can say they're there to support their Husband/Dad and enjoy the B&B we always stay at in Elkhart Lake. (Which is about 100 yards from the Osthoff.) Aside from that, I'm sure to see some rolling eyes when I point out this and that at the concours, track days, etc. Sure we all love hanging out together, but when it comes down to it for them this will probably be like the flipside of me attending a craft show for four days.

They'll be bringing up their bikes to ride around town and the track, swimming at the public beach, visiting the local trout farm for fishing, catching a movie in Plymouth, having lunch in Sheybogan and swimming in Lake Michigan, and probably hitting the Blue Harbor water park in Sheboygan at some point if the weather doesn't cooperate. We're planning on having a small canopy - probably at corner 8 (I usually work that corner as an SCCA corner worker and my wife and kids like it and are familiar with it) - where my wife and kids will camp out for a while to see the track events and I was hoping that maybe we could get a group together. If we chose the campground side of corner 8, there are grandstands, bathrooms, and plenty of room for us with cars to pull in, say hello to the family, do a little work, and then head out for our sessions again. Just thinking out loud at this point...but it might not be a bad idea.

I guess my point is that although I can't speak for my wife and kids...there are probably going to be a bunch of attendees that are only mildly interested in the automotive attractions. If we put up a simple canopy somewhere at that track maybe that could be a start for a gathering area for our "significant others" - at least when they have an interest in seeing us make fools of ourselves on the track. In addition, the woman that runs the Jay Lee Inn where we are staying would probably be more than happy to organize an event for the non automotive types among us. She really is a very energetic and enthusiastic woman and I'm sure she could come up with something fun. If there is a group interest, I'd be glad to help in coordinating something to keep all our spouses and kids happy. Just let me know.

25. birddog

birddog Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I'm buyin' the first Wisconsin Spotted Cow beers for you and your bro at Siebkens! And thanks for the Prova Plate - how cool is that?!?