FCA 09 Nationals - PICTURES | Page 5 | FerrariChat

FCA 09 Nationals - PICTURES

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Mar 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Same here, which is why we'll do a side trip to Oshkosh (air show) and Sheboygan (lovely places for dinner). Luckily this year's FCA event is located literally at the door step of a beautiful recreational hotel & spa. This is so much better than the Concorsos held e.g. @ Nationals in Washington (in the middle of a field) or even Indy (at the track): Put your car on the grass the night before and sleep in in the morning. Go back and forth to your room and significant other as the event unfolds. Heaven!

2. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Miriam is interested in seeing the comedian Jeff Dunham (ventriloquist with puppets Sweet Daddy, Peanut, Bubba J, Akhmed the Dead Terrorist). He is performing at Oshkosh on Saturday evening. No additional ticket beyond regular admission to the airshow.

Anyone have a spouse interested in this?

Are rental cars available from the Osthoff or other nearby places?

Jeff

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #103 tifosi12, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
    Sounds like fun, but we're heading home after RA on Saturday.

I doubt it, which is why we'll take the Ferrari to Oshkosh.

Also see this thread:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235960

4. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Unfortunately my summer schedule does not allow me to plan too far in advance due to business. Looks like I could have some time to attend but was taken aback by the registration fee. Reading through this thread it appears one does not need to register for everything. Also, can one still become a FCA member this late in the game? I'm more interested in the Concorso at the host hotel, meeting with folks perusing the Mercado, possibly going on the rally drive. I can't seem to find any other pricing on the FCA website other than the $1185.00. Am I missing something besides the boat! Might be a quick fun getaway for the wife and I in the 355.

5. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    I am certain the FCA is willing to take membership money at any time. Download the registration form on the National and there should be a F2 choice, no track time. That is what Miriam and I signed up for.

Jeff

6. pyroguy

pyroguy Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks Jeff, I'll check it out.

Steve

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The price you quote is F1 I believe (track and all). F2 would be about half and not include track. But I believe today is the last day to register (not totally sure though). So hurry up!

If all fails, you could still visit the Concorso and hang out with everybody. Also the track has an open touring group at noon on Saturday and Sunday for which you can just show up.

8. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Well... I could not justify spending $495 to show my "driver quality" car in the Concorso and have a couple lunches. Especially since you can attend the Concorso for free as a spectator and watch the track events for ~$35.

So... I'll be there to spectate at the Concorso on Thursday and at the track on Saturday. Hopefully there will be parking for Ferraris someplace.

Pretty much everyone I know here that owns a Ferrari (mostly poor 3x8 owners) have decided not to register for the event. All felt that the registration fees were ridiculously high in relation to what you get for the money.

9. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Any word on special Ferrari's? I saw it was a 333sp reunion...Any F1's, LeMans specials etc?

10. 67alloy

67alloy Karting

Jun 11, 2007
    #110 67alloy, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
    There is another rally going on that Friday in Elkhart Lake that is open to non-FCA members and all makes and models:

Kettle Call No. 1
    A "loose" Time-Speed-Distance Fun Run through the Kettle Moraine area.
    Some of the best roads in the Upper Midwest!
    Limited to 50 Teams of 2 Persons.
    All Makes and Models Welcome.
    Approx 75-100 miles.
    Meets at the World Famous Siebkens Stop-and-Go Inn at 1:15 pm for 2:00 departure.

Returns to Siebkens for a complimentary Champagne and Hors d' oeuvre reception, 4-6 pm on Siebkens patio.
    New and Classic Maserati display
    Maserati Test Drives (GT and Qporte)
    Raffles and Premiums
    Sponsored by International Maserati of Waukesha.

Details and registration:
    www.classicmotorsonline.com

$50 per team, proceeds to charity.

A few slots still open.

Friday night in Downtown Elkhart Lake...Ferraris from all over the world....Siebkens...what else do you need to know?

(This event is not intended to compete or detract with the FCA Rally held earlier that morning. The time slot was adjusted to fill an open gap in their event schedule. We welcome any FCA members or Ferrari enthusiasts to attend)

Notable Ferraris that will be in attendance include a 166 Coupe, 250GTE, 3 308/328s, a TR, Dino Coupe, etc.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    There will be a few 333 and a number of BBLM. Those are the featured cars of the event. Also the famous blue Monza will be there (belongs to a FChatter). Just to name a few.

12. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    #112 Bryanp, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    actually a 500 Mondial, but practically identical to the Monza except for details.

Testing brakes and rebuilt fuel pump last week . . .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sorry, my bad. Cant wait to finally see the car in the metal. Heard wild stories about it. The ultimate "barn find".

14. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    What a color!

15. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    the original french racing blue - amazing how it changes character depending on the light. See Cavallino #171 for the full story and the homework that went into getting just the right original shade.

16. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    We are leaving Tuesday morning from the St. Louis area going up I-55. Is anyone else on the same route passing through? Would be nice to have a couple of us traveling together.

Home is very close to I-55 and I-270. We will then go I-55 to Bloomington and switch to I-39 into Wisconsin. Then I-43 towards Milwaukee.

Anyone interested?

Jeff

17. hacker-pschorr

hacker-pschorr Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Land of Lambeau
    Assuming you are talking about the track, usually with this kind of event you can pretty much park wherever you feel like, unless FCA chooses to close drive in access to the pits.

Any word if Brian French is bringing any of his F1 cars to the event?

Due to time already taken off for the BRIC and upcoming EAA, we will only be spectating maybe on Saturday.

18. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I mean at the Osthoff on the day of the concours.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Since most people who signed up for the concours are staying at the Osthoff I would think the parking lot of the hotel will be pretty empty on the day of the concours. :)

20. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    so, show your FCA membership card at the gate and get in for free?

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Only if you have a F1 or F2 ticket.

22. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    #122 norbert, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not to take this too far off subject but does anybody know whatever happened to that wreck found in IL? We had it on our calendar once. It went West to be rebuld from scratch, but I never heard of it again.

24. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Gerry328 and I are meeting at the O'Hare Oasis on Wednesday, 10 am to drive up to Elkhart Lake. If anyone wants to join us, let us know.

25. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    I could call Tom up, but he is usually judging the early cars with Wayne and Alan. Might as well wait a few days and ask him.

Norbert