News

FCA 2021 Experience in Portland

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Russell Babb, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Russell Babb

Russell Babb Rookie

Sep 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Russell Babb
    Anyone else thinking taking their Ferrari to Portland next July may be a bad idea?

2. TTR

TTR F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I haven’t thought about that specifically, but heard long ago that getting out of bed every morning “may be a bad idea” and might apply regardless of location or type of automobile. Hasn’t stopped me yet and pandemic permitting, hope to see you too in Portland.

pilotoCS likes this.
  3. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Portland is still burning. Hopefully something will be left & repaired by then. It doesn’t look very F car friendly at the moment. I was thinking about going as I loved the Scottsdale event, but with each additional night of XX nights of continuous rioting (peaceful demonstrations don’t include fires & helmets & paint cans), I think maybe not.

mcimino and Red Rocket like this.
  4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob F1 World Champ
    Owner Consultant

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Ya think? I wonder how many of my race buddies did not race Portland earlier this month? Every lost racer cost them about $2-3k . How much total economic destruction has occurred? How are they going to support $15/hr. with no business? Are they going to blame McDonald's and the Feds for their economy going in the toilet? These days my Ferrari might just become a dedicated trackday car. We are not safe on the streets anymore.

Mmckee likes this.
  5. fedcoin

fedcoin Karting

Mar 11, 2017
    Krylon and Rustoleum are enjoying a 1000% increase in spray paint purchases.

mcimino and Mmckee like this.