FCA Annual Meets 2025 and beyond... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FCA Annual Meets 2025 and beyond...

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by TTR, May 12, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Same can probably be said of any number of other similar venues around the country/world as developers are always eyeing/vying for investment opportunities.
    It happened to Riverside Int'l Raceway of which location is now occupied by a few large superstores, a shopping mall and suburban bedroom community.
    But that's progress, I guess. Nothing will ever stay the same.

2. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    The latest gripe from locals about Laguna Seca is that they claim there's more and more events held there. To get an idea of the noise they object to, when an event is held at Laguna Seca, you can actually hear the sound at Quail Lodge (site of The Quail). If you're familiar with the area, there's a good size hill separating Highway-68 (where Laguna sits on its north side) and Quail. That's approx 8 miles as the crow flies, up and over that hill, or 15mi drive via Laureles Grade.

TTR likes this.
  3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Cowboy Capitol of the World
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Thats a tall enough and steep enough hill I cannot believe people on one side hear whats going on, on the other. Its not like Carmel Valley Rd and highway 68 have no local traffic.

4. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Given that I've heard Laguna Seca event noise numerous times while playing golf at Quail, believe it. I keep my cars in a space very close to Laguna Seca and am quite familiar with the type of sound events cause...the very distinct sounds of race cars accelerating and decelerating into turns. At Quail, it'll be the same sounds however much more muted, yet still easily identifiable as Laguna Seca event sounds.

TTR likes this.
  5. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    spent the last weekend at the Hyatt Carmel Valley Ranch a mountain away listening to Ferraris on track at Laguna each morning.

TTR likes this.
  6. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    CVR is closer to Laguna than Quail since it's loser to the Grade which dumps out right by one of Laguna's entrances...but still amazing how the sound travels.

TTR likes this.
  7. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I have stayed at a friends house near Laurles Grade a couple of times but never heard it. But it is at the base of the hill opposite side as Quail Lodge. But hey I dont live there. Based on geography it may also be one of those things here you can hear it and a mile up the road you cannot.

Texas Forever likes this.
  8. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    You won't hear noise from Laguna unless a race event is held. Car club track days, etc don't generate the decibels needed to carry far. The track also has decibel limits for non-race events, though I don't know how strict enforcement is.

9. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #34 Rifledriver, May 24, 2024
    Last edited: May 24, 2024
    Actually enforcement is very strict. The people manning the measurement equipment are employees of the community organization and answer to them, not the the race track owners. An F1 car owner at the last FCA annual there asked me how much to run his car and pulled out a roll of hundreds. I just laughed and walked away. It just wasn't going to happen.