Buy

FCA Daytona track event

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by USMCS6, Nov 18, 2021.

1. USMCS6

USMCS6 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2018
    Arlington VA and Daytona Fl
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    Is anyone else doing the FCA event at the Daytona track after the Rolex? I just signed up. The 430 only lives 5 miles from the track so seemed like a no brainer.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I thought about signing up and instructing but I’ve done Daytona so many times before and it’s brutal on the front paint or clear bra I’ve decided not to. If you haven’t done the track it’s a fun day, easy to drive, just a few critical points to be careful at. It’s a very very fast high speed track.

4. USMCS6

USMCS6 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    Thanks. Ive not done it before. I have a professional license but its for Top Dragster. I used to do some oval racing. I just signed up for the entry level. I dont feel like beating the car up. Just a fun day,

mdrums likes this.
  5. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Daytona is a great facility, extremely clean. The track is pretty easy to drive but very fast and demands great attention. You’ll have a ton of fun!

6. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2021
    Just buy Track Armor for $25 and cover the front…I do it all my track days and haven’t gotten a single chip.

It is 2x thicker than any PPF and perfect for the track. Temporary and comes off easily.

https://www.amazon.com/TrackArmour-TA3X100-3-100-Temporary-Protection/dp/B07F3CN5CY/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=10A6Y7FRBA5Z6&keywords=track+armor&qid=1637531840&sprefix=track+armor%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes do that… cover my ppf with track armor…kinda funny though..lol. I bought some xpel tape too it’s a little nicer but way more money

9. USMCS6

USMCS6 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    Just ordered it. I may try it when I go on longer rides as well. Do you just use on the very bottom nose areas?

10. fastmnstealth

fastmnstealth Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2017
    MN
    Full Name:
    Mark
    We registered as well. First road track event for me (I'm a drag racer in a past life). We are trailering the car down from Minnesota and will make it a 10 day vacation.
    I've got the front of the car PPF'd, but it sounds like I should be concerned about my ppf as well. If I use Track Armour, thoughts on areas beyond the obvious? I was planning on the the front, mirrors, side skirts, behind all wheels, headlights. How far up the hood should I go? Any other areas to be sure to hit on a 458?

We are really looking forward to it, but don't want the car to be trashed when we are done.