FCA Desert Region Concourso Donation? | FerrariChat

FCA Desert Region Concourso Donation?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Ingenere, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I was just curious to know if anyone had heard what the FCA/DR donated to the Ronald McDonald House from the proceeds of the Concourso.

From all accounts it was the largest event to date, so I am sure it was a big number for the charity. Ronald House put forth a great effort with volunteers to the event, so I hope it was big. In 2007 the donation was somewhere between $25,000 and $26,000.

It's been pretty quiet so far.

2. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Do you have matches to go with that lighter fluid? :)

3. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    I wasn't able to attend, but my understanding was that each year these have primarily been set up as charity benefits. I'm sure that most attending the event believed their entrance fee would go to the charity. I would think the donation to RMH would be generous! :)

4. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    It was quite a nice event with alot of participants and spectators. I would surmise that the charity did very well. I'am surprised that everyone is so quiet on this thing, it's like it never happened. Where are all of the great photos? How about a photo of the check being presented to the charity. You know, one of those big cardboard ones like the lotto winners get.:)

5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hmmmmmmm.....

Strangely quiet......

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    So all parties and observers, past, present and future are satisfied and/or mollified, could somebody who is part and parcel of the present functioning, purposeful and charitable FCA Desert Region Concourso administrative end please kindly answer the question?

There is no need to rehash, speculate, surmise over intent, just confirmation.

Thereafter, the thread will be closed, forever and ever, Amen.

7. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    I suspect that your reasonable request will go unanswered. To my knowledge, none of the FCA Desert Region governing body participate in FerrariChat.

Under PSI will be your only likely help.

8. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #8 Under PSI, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
    I am no longer an FCA-DR board member but I did ask this question last weekend at the Russo and Steele event. I was told the donation has already been made, but I do not know the exact amount, nor am I privy to, or ever had access to, the financial aspects of the event.

9. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    I've heard some things "rumors" that the donation was in the neighborhood of 6 grand. I would hope that this is just misinformation and that someone from the current board could set us straight with the real donation total
    This was such a big event and appeared to be a mega success for the FCA/DR that I find it hard to believe the charity didn't score big.

10. azsunset

azsunset Karting

May 14, 2008
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    Regardless of the motivation for the original post, I think that the question now needs to be answered. Those who brought cars to the show and made some sacrifices in the name of charity deserve an answer. I am sure a lot of people spent a great deal of time and money for this event and it seemed to be a success.

If nothing else, I guess this thread can be bumped before the 2009 concorso. Board members will likely be on the forum around that time.....

11. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #11 Under PSI, Jan 22, 2009
    With the exception of myself, no one who has posted in this thread participated in the event and I don't believe any of them contributed either. You may have, but, to be honest, I'm no sure who you are. 410SA attended the event but did not show a car or donate that I am aware of.

12. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    Jim, I was there and my car was entered as well.:)

13. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Oops! Sorry John.

14. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    I had two cars in the show and as a current FCA AZ member, I would like to know how much was raised.

15. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Please. I beg of you. Not a Clarion Call to one and all. We merely seek what kids today call "closure", and as such, beckon those able to summon their local Representative.
    If notifications of this thread's very existence are any indication, this issue is, as always, sensitive.
    Praise be!

16. azsunset

azsunset Karting

May 14, 2008
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    I had 2 cars at the concorso also.

17. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    For those interested, I would suggest you go here:

http://www.ferrariaz.com/

There are emails clearly listed for your regions' representatives where you can contact them and request the information.

18. azsunset

azsunset Karting

May 14, 2008
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    I know there is a lot of backstory and history that I know nothing about. I have no desire to add fuel to a fire since it has nothing to do with me.

The Concorso was my first FCA event. I brought 2 ferraris. I read about the event on this forum, where people were encouraged to attend. I was a little surprised at the lack of followup after the event also, but so be it.

If someone gets an answer, please post for all of us. Until then, I guess it is live and let live. I am not interested enough to keep pursuing this any further. There are bigger battles to fight.

19. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I did indeed attend as a spectator and paid the entry fee.
    I am a long time contributor to the Ronald McDonald House charities and I chose to contribute directly to them this year, in part to ensure my contribution made it to the charity intact.

20. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I was there with my car.

Here's the breakdown: (This is a joke, don't flame me)

Ronald McDonald House: 50%
    FCA-DR board members: 50% adminstrative fees, various planning dinners, after event celebration dinner, future dinners, etc.

(Dino made me do it!)

21. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #21 Ingenere, Jan 22, 2009
    Jeff, I didn't make you do anything.

My motivation for wanting to know this is as follows: I am a paid member of the FCA/Desert Region, and I am entitled to know how well we did for the charity. The previous year's event which was run by an entirely different group were very transparent and we were very proud of the numbers we produced. As I heard that this was a bigger event, I wanted to know if we had beat the number, but as more and more information comes out, even though the event may have been bigger, the net to Ronald McDonald House (which I have contributed to privately), was less than 25% of the previous year. If the event was smaller, there isn't a problem. It is what it is. However, if it was bigger, then I believe an accounting to the members, participants and the charity are in order.

That's about as plain English as I can say it. This has nothing to do with personalities, history or any past issues. It has everything to do with the charity.

22. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Im having a laugh

23. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Rather than post innuendo, why don't you post any and all false statements that have caused damage and that you think need to be redressed in a civil action? Something must have offended you quite a bit for you to spend your Saturday doing legal research so what is it? A response from you or anyone else regarding this matter does not need to include anything other than the relevant facts supporting the implication of wrongdoing requiring civil action.

24. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    As any business leader knows (I'm quite sympathetic that you wouldn't understand), the absence of factual information leads all other parties to assume wrongdoing.

All the public is seeking, and by the way has a legal right to know, is the facts! Even the thread moderator has asked that, "could somebody who is part and parcel of the present functioning, purposeful and charitable FCA Desert Region Concourso administrative end please kindly answer the question?"

Parker, since you are prepared to offer neither relevant facts nor do you have a bona fide interest in the truth, may I suggest you sit in the peanut gallery.