FCA Desert Region Concourso Donation? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FCA Desert Region Concourso Donation?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Ingenere, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Okay, so you admit that you don't have any facts to back up your implication of wrongdoing... Thanks.

BTW, since I'm not implying any wrongdoing, I don't need to offer any relevant facts but I will offer up one for you anyway: You should wait until you get the facts before implying that any wrongful acts have taken place.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Reason being, insults and other bits of unhappiness. Somebody whisper in a Rep's ear to weigh in with an acceptable answer, then everybody'll be happy.

3. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Dang, for a second I thought we might get a bit of iambic pentameter from Wax. ;)

4. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    Parker,

I have remained silent for a very long time. Here is a relevant fact, the FCA desert region has required that anyone that looks at the FCA "treasury books" signs a confidentiality agreement.....for a car club of all things. Now, why would anyone be required to do that if nothing is wrong? Looks like a duck, walks like a duck.......

As a past president, I made damn sure that everything we did was above board....transparent. We had a treasury report at every meeting so that all members knew exactly where their dues were going. All dues monies went to the benefit of all the members. All I want to know is where my $135 went....why is that such a hard question?

Bill Bowdish

5. azsunset

azsunset Karting

May 14, 2008
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    #30 azsunset, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

I was expecting something like this.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Bill, if anyone comes across any FACTS THAT SHOW WRONGFUL ACTS on the part of the FCA/DR, then I am sure that many people here including myself would be offended. Absent supporting facts, this remains a classic "nontroversy". The fact that the FCA is asking for someone to execute a confy before showing them the books is an obstacle that doesn't seem to be insurmountable with cause IMO so speak to counsel and learn about some of the options that you may have. Give it a try if it is that important to you. Let me also add that if people are worried that the FCA would pursue someone in court, breech of contract actions for violating confidentiality agreements usually do not allow for punitive damages but successful defamation actions almost always do. If one spouts serious allegations into a public forum, they better have the facts to back it up. If one doesn't have the facts to back up serious allegations, then they should get them. Anyway, if you obtain any EVIDENCE of wrongdoing, air THAT in this forum and I am sure everyone will be on board with any actions you take to remedy any wrongdoing. Also, if contributing to the charity discussed is important to you, go and donate directly to that charity. If you feel that the FCA/DR is a bad organization that can't be trusted, then don't rely on them to donate to a charity that you care so much about. Bill, let me make it clear in the most sincere way possible that I do not have a problem with people pursuing the truth in this matter so go for it and lets see what you find out. There's been a big deal made about this with zero evidence of wrongdoing so far so I think you are risking an anticlimactic ending but we'll see.

7. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff

Translation: Bill, It's a duck.

8. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    No Bill, they COULD BE a duck. Find out.

9. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Seriously, look at this thread, no-one knows anything and now a bunch of you guys are "arguing" about whether the public thinks any wrong was done! Come ON!!! Srsly, I'm sure we all have WAY better things to do with our time than dillute the AZ section with threads like this right? Dino, if you really want to know send a damn e-mail to someone on their web-site for cryin out loud and let's end all this.

10. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    No way! All this drama and no climactic ending??? Lets see the evidence.

11. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #36 Ingenere, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
    I haven't been back here in a while, and it certainly has been busy. The FCA, spends some time on here (usually quoting titles, etc in their posts), writing about this and that, have chosen to ignore a simple request for what amounts to public information from a non profit organization (FCA/DR), on a charity event (Ronald House).

I have spoken with a representative from the Ronald McDonald House, and here are the facts:

The Concourso has benefitted the Ronald McDonald House over the past 2 years. There were 2 different organizational groups who put these events on (although both were under the FCA). In 2007 the donation was over $25,000, and as I recall there were several people who are now part of the current organizers who wanted to channel a large portion of the the proceeds to subsidize FCA events, rather than donate it, as promised. They lost, and the donation was substantial.

Enter 2008.... The event was touted as the biggest Concourso ever. The entry fees were higher for cars, as well as spectators. There were also paid sponsors, poster, t-shirt and memorabilia sales, etc, which is great, and the charity was anticipating a healthy donation as a result. The Ronald House even supplied over 50 volunteers to help with the event. Well, after much flip flopping, including telling the charity that there was nothing (zero) left to give, and only after some heated conversations with the owner of a number of McDonalds, they said there was $7K. They eventually donated $6K.

All of which is fine, except for the fact that if the event was bigger, then the donation should have been as well. There has been some chatter about the FCA having to pay $15K for the parking lot, which doesn't make sense, since that venue was offered at no charge to several people for this event. There were several other venues that were also offered for no charge. The Ronald McDonald House has requested a full accounting, and after being ignored multiple times was offered the accounting ONLY if they signed what amounts to an illegal non disclosure agreement.

Therefore, if there is a charity event, that is bigger than ever, with higher fees, and the donation to the charity is less than 25% of the past, and the organizers ignore public requests from paid members, as well as private requests from the benefiting charity for an audited accounting, it tends to hint at some level of either incompetancy or impropriety.

The FCA/DR members, the participants, sponsors, as well as the charity believed that the event's purpose was to help a good cause, and deserve an accounting. While the donation looks remarkably small, I hope that there is a logical explanation. I also hope that the FCA national checks FChat, perhaps they can help.

Dogdish may be accurate in his 'foul' assessment.

12. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

Wow, this is getting juicy!! Please keep it coming, ignore my post :)

13. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Are you guys kidding about this??? NDA for a car club? Up until now I thought all anyone would ever have to do is just go and ask at the office. The same way you can inspect elevator safety records.

Does FCA national have anything to do with NDAs? Is that the norm for all regions? or just ours?

14. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    All those words and still not a shred of evidence. Speak with counsel and try to compel the FCA to release records. Until then, this is all a whole lot of nothing.

15. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    If the Arizona Attorney General counts, consider it done!

16. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    LOL umkay well then do it already.

17. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    An interested party, someone with legal standing the matter, has already done so.

18. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Since this topic is divisive

- and -

it is alleged there is a Non-Disclosure Agreement

- and -

in the matter of [compelling] the FCA to release records, an interested party with legal standing in the matter has contacted Arizona Attorney General

- and -

now ve vait, This Thread, which will be sole area of discussion in regards to This Topic -

- is -

Closed until further notice

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay