FCA Event in Hawaii is Happening! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FCA Event in Hawaii is Happening!

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by TrojanFan, Jun 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    If you are looking to "drive" when on Oahu there are not very many places. If you plan it well you can have a memorable experience.

There are only a few spots on the island where the speed limit hits 60. There are a ton of scenic curving drives though. H3 and Pali and Likelike are your best bets.

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Pasha's ships are roll on roll off. The car is driven into the belly of the beast, then the beast gets closed up.

3. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    Yep! That's how I go home to Waialua every time. Not a long drive, but beautiful.

4. renman95

renman95 Karting

Jul 16, 2016
    Oahu, leeward side
    Full Name:
    D8LF
    Nice. I'm down in Ewa Beach. How do you like living in Waialua?

5. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    My girlfriend grew up in Ewa Beach. We picked Waialua for it's laid back country feel. We absolutely love it.

6. renman95

renman95 Karting

Jul 16, 2016
    Oahu, leeward side
    Full Name:
    D8LF
    Speaking of Ewa Beach, looks like a nut with a knife caused a major traffic jam on H1 near Kunia when he stabbed two people this afternoon (real online.) Traffic backed up to Town. Happy to miss that...did you get caught?

7. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Nah. Missed it as I'm working mainland. Sounds terrible. Last time I drove on H-1 a couple weeks ago, a dude drove his car off the embankment from a crossing overpass and hit the lane right next to me with his car perfectly vertical. Happened about 100 yards in front of me and from where I was the car looked like it fell from the sky perfectly vertical, crushed the front end completely, and fell over. It didn't move an inch from where it hit. Surreal Hollywood-like. By the time I pulled over and ran back to help, the dude was out and walking around. Too much pakalolo...he fell asleep at the wheel. Airbag and a seatbelt saved him. A Coastie medic and I did a primary on him after finally getting him to lay down before HFD showed up with their big yellow truck. Crazy to think I could fly fighters for 32 years and end up dying when a car falls from the sky on top of me. Glad that wasn't the plan that day.

8. renman95

renman95 Karting

Jul 16, 2016
    Oahu, leeward side
    Full Name:
    D8LF
    Wow, that's crazy! I think of Michael Schumacher racing all those years, a couple of injuries on the track, but a simple ski accident does him in. Ya never know.

I've been flying since 1982. I'm still batting a thousand...one landing for each takeoff. ;-)

9. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Me too...PPL on my 17th BD 1982!

10. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Not a nut. Just an average driver on Oahu. Maybe even a little above average. The CJS does a great job of protecting the public as well.

Ewa Beach man charged in H-1 road rage incident | Honolulu Star-Advertiser

11. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Folks:

Because this thread is for the FCA event, I've taken the liberty to start a HAWAI'I LIFE thread for us to chat about local goings on...

I've been guilty of digressing from the FCA event here

- H

12. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    No problem on the digressions. Hope you show up to the FCA event and share some stories.

Here's the FCA "Gathering" update:

Dates: March 3 - 6, 2017 at Turtle Bay Resort, North Shore, Oahu. There will be a Welcome Dinner on the 3rd, group breakfasts on the 4, 5 & 6th, a group drive on the 4th and a luau on the 5th. Other events and more information will be coming soon. For those staying at the hotel, we have been able to extend our group rate to one day prior and 5 days after for those who want to extend their trip.

There will be an email going out this week to all FCA-SW members to put together an interest list for the trip. Actual registration will be coming soon. There are limited spots available so those expressing interest now will be given priority on the official registration. As we intend to open this up to FCA members nationally in September, be sure to add your name to the interest list before August 31 to reserve your spot for this very special event. This is only an interest list and no credit card or payment is required now. Spots will be allocated in the order that you sign the interest list.

For any FCA members from other chapters looking to join us, please PM or email me with your contact information and I will put you top on the list when we open this up nationally.

For those living in the Islands (FCA members or not) you are all invited and encouraged to join us and participate. Join us for dinner, breakfast, the luau or just the drive and lunch. A separate registration will go out shortly after the hotel portion of the trip gets finalized. We have arranged for 20 VIP parking spots at the hotel for those wanting to bring their Ferrari's. I'd like to see all of those spots filled!

We will be looking for help from the local members (or potential members) on planning the drive route and lunch suggestions. We are also hoping for some cooperation from Ferrari of Hawaii and possibly Ferrari of Los Angeles/Beverly Hills. If someone has a good contact with Ferrari of Hawaii and would like to help, I'd like to hear from you.

This is going to be a fantastic opportunity to showcase Ferrari's in Hawaii and I can guaranty that there will be plenty of coverage and photos in the Sempre Ferrari and possibly Prancing Horse magazines as well as possible local media coverage.

If you have questions or interest, post or pm me and we will see you all in March.

Peter

13. 808Forza

808Forza Formula Junior
    Owner

Jan 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Bringing the post back to the top in hopes of getting a large local Ferrari turnout!
    Really looking forward to attending this event!

14. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    If you are an FCA-SW member, you should have received a email about the event. If you did and are interested in attending, please respond to either Bruce or me and let us know what aspects you want to be involved with. (Dinner, Drive, Hotel stay, etc.)

If you are a not an FCA-SW member but want to attend, this event is open to you as well. Please either PM or email me with your contact information and let me know what you are interested in. Right now we are looking to build the interest list in the hotel portion of the trip but we still want to know who plans to join us. If you are local and want to stay at Turtle Bay for one or more nights, that's what we need to know now. Once we have a the hotel list done we will be sending out registration information for the booking. We will be working on the balance of the event once we have the hotel finalized.

15. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Bumping to see if there is any interest. So far only 3 from Hawaii have expressed any interest. We need a better response or we risk not being able to pull this off. If you are thinking about attending in some capacity, please make your presence and interest known.

16. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm interested in attending. I work more than I don't so I am not really vocal or able to "commit" to something.

Are they needing more Ferrari's on display to make this legit?

17. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    We definitely will want more of the local Ferrari's to show up however at the moment we need more interest in filling hotel rooms. To reserve the rooms we have to make a commitment now and hardly anyone is thinking as far ahead as next March.

18. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    If you are in the Islands and are planning to come to the FCA event, please let me know your interest. We especially need to hear from anyone that is looking to book the hotel for one or more nights.

19. k72z00m

k72z00m Rookie

Nov 28, 2014
    I live in Kaneohe and my wife and I have an F355. We might be interested in staying at Turtle Bay for this...definitely interested in showing up for the event. Email me details [email protected].

20. bcb70

bcb70 Karting

Mar 30, 2013
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Brian B
    As of now I plan on attending with my 355 spider. I won't be staying at the hotel but plan on participating in all other events.
    Restaurant 604 is a new restaurant just past the Valor in the Pacific Park. There is good parking there and you could walk back to the memorial for the USS Arizona tour.

21. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks mjcrewaf and Bcb70 for the interest.

Please email me your contact information. Full name, contact email and phone number and what portions you are interested in. Welcome dinner, breakfasts, drive, Hotel, Luau, etc. We are just compiling the interest list now and then will start booking. If we get over 60 for dinner we need to secure the entire restaurant. We currently have dinner reservations for 40 and expect that to easily fill. Breakfasts and at 40 as well now but we can increase the numbers.

Peter
    [email protected]

22. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    There are quite a number of Ferraris on Oahu. If you want to get them all together, perhaps the thing to do is plan some kind of concourse event. I don't think there has ever been a Ferrari Concorso in Hawaii. It might be a first ?

23. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    That's a great idea. I'll suggest it. We may have several FCA sanctioned judges there anyway.

24. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Ferrari Concorso on the grounds at Turtle Bay is being discussed as a posibility for Sunday, March 5th, 2017.

This may be a judged event to FCA standards - trophies given out in various categories. Is this something that may get 30-40+ local Ferraris to turn out? Local press would be invited as well as photos for the regional and national FCA publications.

Come on Hawaii - Bring those Ferraris out of hiding!

25. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Was there thought given to this event being in or close to Waikiki? There are over 5MM people who visit O'ahu each year and the percentage that visit turtle bay compared to Waikiki is very, very small.

I only ask this because the biggest hurdle on this even you indicated might be visitor participation. Easy to get to Waikiki and endless options for a week plus stay. A week a turtle bay only appeals to those looking to vanish for a time and it is difficult for a visitor to get to.